Focus Fanatics Forum banner

looking to buy a new 2013 Titanium

7K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  royce20002006 
#1 ·
Hello,
I am looking to buy a new titanium focus but was wondering did they fix all the problems with my ford touch yet. I had a friend that had a really big problem with my ford touch in his. i was also wanting to know if everything else is working great in yours have you had to have anything fixed or replaced. also what kind of gas mileage have you been getting in your focus

#2 ·
from what i have heard from others alot of the problems folks were having with the 2013 have been solved and for gas milage im sure its good as most focus's get great gas milage as it is hope this helps

maybe someone that has the 2013 titanium will chime in with some better info for you as it will be the first of the yr before i purchase mine as they are great cars. i test drove several last friday and will be going in next month to place my order to get all the options im wanting

#3 ·
This is kind of on topic but my car just got delivered and when I run the VIN through etis it says this

12A04 - SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE

I looked to try and find a change long to see what updates/improvements have been made but didn't have any luck. Not sure if their is a site that has a change log for the updates or not. This may help answer some of royce's questions also.

#4 ·
It probably has 3.5.1 on it. When you register your car on Syncmyride.com, you'll see information about how to determine the level of MFT software.

My wife has 3.5.1 on her 2012 Ti and it is working perfectly so far. We have had no problems with the DCT transmission; a few quirks but no big deal. Here passenger side grab handle came loose when a friend of mine pulled it out of the clips but Ford is fixing that for me.

#6 ·
I just had MFT upgraded to 3.5.1 and it has made a world of difference for me. Prior to the upgrade I was on 3.0.2 and it was terrible -- never knew what was going to happen each time I got in my Focus. Now everything works great, seems like Ford engineers figured out MFT with this release so I can highly recommend the feature now...

#15 ·
Just got my Titanium last week and it's on version 3.0.2 according to the syncmyride system. I did the check my version app and it told me last night I have an update available (3.5.1). I'm curious to install it but would like to know how long it actually takes. According to them I need to run my car for a half hour while it's installing. Can I drive it during that time or does it need to be stationary? I can do it on my commute home if I can drive during it.

In it's current state I would say it's a bit buggy on the entertainment section. When I use bluetooth with IheartRadio it sometimes knows the songs name but most of the time says unknown. It seems in consistant. I've also had to program my clock twice now - not sure why. But then again - it is a microsoft product.

Will update soon and report back.

#20 ·
When I logged onto syncmyride.com it told me there was an update available and gives you a link to order the A4 navigation card. I put my info in and it said it should arrive within 2-3 business days. the site says the update should take anywhere from 30-60 minutes and to not turn the engine off during that time (it even says for the vehicles with the engine idle time out feature to disable it to prevent from having the vehicle turn the system off during the update). The dealer will also perform this update for you and provide the card if you schedule service with them.

#22 ·
Ok I have a 13 focus tit....tuxedo black with all options...just not the two tone int. I have the 5spd manual trans and I see about 30 mpg on the hywy but I have a lead foot.... Average speed is 80 mph. I have had no problems with mft at all. I am running the latest version. Hope this helps [ffrocks]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.