Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)

766K views 2K replies 389 participants last post by  roswelltop 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start off by saying this is a great forum.

Secondly I am not here to solicit any business, I'm here for you guys and ladies to help out with any questions releated to the Focus.

I've done this on F-150 forums and it's very helpful for them.

Here's what I can help out on. Please read all of this before you ask a question so we aren't asking the same question 40 times!

1. Need to find a specific new vehicle and your local dealer not helping? Just give me your zip code and what you're looking for and I'll try and find one close and let you know how the invoice pricing breaksdown.

2. Incentive information. All I need is your zip code and last name and I can check if you qualify for any private offers such as brochure $750 offers or anything else. Also if you're college grad. and have other offers I'll let you know what you can combine and what you can't.

3. I cannot tell you why Ford is not giving specific options that you want or when such and such option will be available unless I see it on Ford's dealer site.

4. I unfortunately do not have a crystal ball to tell you what incentives will change to.

5. Also if you ordered a vehicle through your dealership I cannot tell you when it will be there and track it. Only your dealership or the shipping dept can do that.

Lastly I am in internet sales so I generally know what dealerships are capable of selling vehicles for, so if you are wondering if there is money being left on the table let me know.

See less See more
#1,157 ·
This isn't Focus related, but I couldn't find one for the Fiesta, and I have a couple of questions, easier one first.

For the A-plan, how much of a discount do you usually get on a car? For the Fiesta for example.

I was looking at the 2012 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback with the 202A package, Winter Package, Remote Start System, Vehicle Security System, and Euro Style Grille Inserts, total was about $18,455.

What would be the cost with the A-plan included?

And, assuming I walked in wanting to pay off the car right then and there, with no financing, what's the lowest amount I can get the Fiesta by paying all cash? With/without the a-plan, doesn't matter.

Dearborn, Michigan
Zip Code: 48126

Thanks for your help.

#1,158 ·
I can't find any with remote start, and unsure of what the grill inserts are. More than likely you'll have to order if you want those and no dealers order that. I found one with the winter pkg 202A, etc MSRP for $18,470, A Plan is $17,436.
There's a $500 rebate that you'd get and A Plan is the best price out there, if you think you can do better you can try but no dealer will try to get close to A Plan.

#1,162 ·
Two Questions...

Did they ever fix the recall with the 6-speed automatic transmission, and
why is it so hard to find a coupe (2-door)? The sedan's B-pillar is too far forward and I have difficulty getting in the car.
[burnout]

I think the 2011 is a better focus, except for the back end. Just my 2 cents.

#1,163 ·
Did they ever fix the recall with the 6-speed automatic transmission, and
why is it so hard to find a coupe (2-door)? The sedan's B-pillar is too far forward and I have difficulty getting in the car.
[burnout]

I think the 2011 is a better focus, except for the back end. Just my 2 cents.
Ford puts out recommendations for ordering X amount of each trim level and configuration. I assume Ford just put out that most dealers should only order about 10-20% coupe v sedan.

Not sure on any recall however, you'd have to ask the members here that have issues.

#1,164 ·
Hi immcrea,

This question has been asked before, but I want to make sure it applies with the current rebates:

My region is currently offering $1000 Retail Customer Cash. I also have a $500 brochure coupon. Can I combine those?

#1,169 ·
I don't knot what D plan is, nor do I care..

Just want a price that goes into holdback or all of it..
Dealer can keep mfgr to dealer incentive which is $1000 or so...

I mean how much profit does he need?

Sell me a car, make $1000..

Who wants to move one?
If the dealer keeps the $1,000 for profit you're fine. If you want the $1,000 rebate and $1,000 below invoice then I think you are screwed.

Also the way you talk here I don't think many dealers would want to sell a car to you, customers need a little compassion...otherwise they'll tell you to F off.

#1,173 ·
The best you can ask for is a fair price. Dealers are in the business of making money (at least they try). If you don't allow them to make a profit they will not be there tomorrow.

I see people boasting about getting a car for less than cost. That makes others feel like they are getting a bad deal when they don't get a car for less than cost. Well if everyone was getting a car for less than cost the dealers would be out of business.

IMO the people that are getting a car for less than coast are usually lying or at the very least not telling the full truth. I know with rebates and manufacturer promos to the dealers it is possible to get a great deal, but dealers cant loose money on selling cars and hope to make it up on volume.

I paid slightly more for my car from a local reputable dealer as compared to a highway / internet dealer. The difference over the three year loan amounts to practically pennies.

Support your local dealer today or they may not be around tomorrow .....

In the end treat people the way you want to be treated.

#1,174 ·
The best you can ask for is a fair price. Dealers are in the business of making money (at least they try). If you don't allow them to make a profit they will not be there tomorrow.

I see people boasting about getting a car for less than cost. That makes others feel like they are getting a bad deal when they don't get a car for less than cost. Well if everyone was getting a car for less than cost the dealers would be out of business.

IMO the people that are getting a car for less than coast are usually lying or at the very least not telling the full truth. I know with rebates and manufacturer promos to the dealers it is possible to get a great deal, but dealers cant loose money on selling cars and hope to make it up on volume.

I paid slightly more for my car from a local reputable dealer as compared to a highway / internet dealer. The difference over the three year loan amounts to practically pennies.

Support your local dealer today or they may not be around tomorrow .....

In the end treat people the way you want to be treated.
Less then cost? Sure it's possible sometimes but not very common.

An example of where we'd go negative to make a deal happen, if there was a mistake on the vehicle or something similar and it was negatively impacting our image we'll take a hit. Our image is important to a dealer as it is to any other business.

Or another example end of month, need a few more units to make quota or hit a goal I'll take a loss. But for 95% of the time I'm going make a profit. A reasonable one that I can feed myself off of and live a decent life.

Now at the same time, there is also getting ripped off. And you don't want that.

#1,175 ·
Hi all, future focus owner here.. just wondering if Ford offers remote starter's factory installed. I am in Alberta, Canada. I didn't see it as an option online (ford.ca) when building my vehicle.

I installed a third party two-way remote starter/locks from Canadian Tire in my 1993 Mustang LX Hatchback, that was the most difficult installation I've ever done! (and my first) I vowed I'd never do it again. Especially not on a brand new vehicle these days.

#1,177 ·
Hello immcrea,

I'm currently talking to dealers in the Miami area about leasing a SEL 2012 Hatchback with a 302A package. One dealership offered a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year for $1,500 down and $337 per month tax included. This seems pretty high and I was wondering if this was a realistic offer ?

Thanks

#1,178 ·
Leases are a bit more difficult. It seems like an okay deal to me but I'm not sure the MSRP of the vehicle. There's a 302a hatch here that if sold for $24,000 with $1,500 down has a price of $341/mo with 7.72% sales tax and includes the acquisition fee of $595 and security deposit of $350.

Leases calculate off MSRP so everything changes, my girlfriend's Limited Escape was cheaper than an XLT because of the residual and MSRP to sales price factor. I'd need more information to see what it looks like (last 8 of VIN and what dealership).

#1,179 · (Edited)
Hi Imccrea,

I'm looking to buy or lease a 2012 se sport hatchback automatic in the Detroit Metro area.

Is the brochure discount available in my area? (48316)
Can I stack a recent college graduate discount/and or brochure discount with Z plan?
Can you locate an automatic white ford focus se sport 5 door 203a package with 17in painted rims, winter package near me?

Thanks

#1,180 ·
You will have to head to Wisconsin to find one equipped like that.
You cannost stack college grad with Z plan but you can with the brochure. However I can't get information if your area is getting brochure discounts currently.

#1,192 ·
I hope you can help me once again.

I am looking at 2011 Focus SES. Coupe preferred and fully loaded.

What can I be expecting to be paying for one, and do they really try to get rid of 2011 cars to make room for the newer models? I was going to wait till May in order to sell my car and buy a used one, but if I can trade in my car now and finance a new 2011, I'd rather do that during my Spring Break.

Any idea what they usually give in on trade ins? Or does it depend?

I really appreciate your help, and sorry if I am asking too much.

#1,193 ·
The 2012 Focus has been out so long that you'll be hard pressed to find a 2011 SES. You will not find a coupe (stopped making them after 2010). If you're after the "good deal" a 2012 is upwards of $2,500 in rebates and a depending who you ask a better car.

If you like the 2011 body style I will recommend a CPO Focus 2010 or 2011. You can get one as low as $12,500 and get a 7 year/100k powertrain warranty good from Long Beach to Long Island. As far as trade in, every dealer differs.

#1,194 ·
Hi there!

I think the way your helping this forum is AWESOME btw :)

I'm looking for a 2012 Focus Titanium Sedan with NO options. (maybe the only option i'd consider is either the pearl white or the orange paint for an extra $500).

My zip code is 60056. Could you tell me A good negotiated CASH price on a titanium focus with no options? (if i want one in a premium color i assume itll be 400-500 more then what your telling me)

In addition, if I had to order one (auto or the new 5spd option), are they the same price or can i negotiate more off a manual? If i wanted to order a 5spd titanium sedan with no options what do you think the best deal I could get would be?

Only colors i'd be interestd in are tuxedo black, sonic blue, that pearl white tricolor, and the yellow/orange one.

P.S. I have a costco exec membership and am elgible for Xplan if necessary. Which method yields the best result?

Thoughts? Opinions? And yes I want to pay fully in cash, I hope that can leverage me a better deal.

#1,195 ·
I have learned a lot in this thread.

I'm close to buying the following. I'm in 92845

2012 Titanium in ingot silver
401a
I wanted leather and nav. I don't need a sunroof or parking package...not needed.

I wonder what's a better deal for me. A true car quote from a dealer was $21080. My neighbor who work for Ford says he can get me the X plan.

I want to do a 3 year/15k lease.

What should I do? What's my best move?

#1,200 ·
First off, thanks for doing all of this. This is a great thread with tons of great info!

-Would you be able to tell me if there are any special incentives for area code, 15236?
-With the X-Plan, do you need to show any proof of employment?
-I was planning on ordering a car (not having it built, but having the dealer search inventory). When I go this route, can I still haggle on the price, or is it set in stone since they are going to special lengths to acquire the vehicle.
- What is the cost, if any, for the dealer to locate a vehicle not on their lot. I would imagine that they would have some kind of locate and delivery fee but is there a ballpark cost?
-Would you be able to find me a 2012 5-door SE sport with a manual 5-speed, Sync, winter package, Sterling gray with black interior and 17” machined and painted wheels (or 16" with painted pockets) around 15236?

Again, thanks for all of your help!

#1,201 ·
First off, thanks for doing all of this. This is a great thread with tons of great info!

-Would you be able to tell me if there are any special incentives for area code, 15236? looks like a minimum of $1,500 and bonus $500 if you finance through FMC
-With the X-Plan, do you need to show any proof of employment? you will need a paystub, insurance card, ID badget, etc.
-I was planning on ordering a car (not having it built, but having the dealer search inventory). When I go this route, can I still haggle on the price, or is it set in stone since they are going to special lengths to acquire the vehicle. X-Plan is no haggle so don't tell them you're Xplan and then haggle. You can negotiate a better deal on X-Plan but keep in mind dealer fees you may have to pay.
- What is the cost, if any, for the dealer to locate a vehicle not on their lot. I would imagine that they would have some kind of locate and delivery fee but is there a ballpark cost?I recently traded for a vehicle out of Iowa and we had to send them a vehicle and they sent one back. Transporation ran $1,250 for both vehicles. Usually dealers try to get that from the customer but we paid for it on this deal. Depends on the dealer if they charge you or not.
-Would you be able to find me a 2012 5-door SE sport with a manual 5-speed, Sync, winter package, Sterling gray with black interior and 17” machined and painted wheels (or 16" with painted pockets) around 15236?I'd need to know PEP pkg (200,201, etc).

Again, thanks for all of your help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.