Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)

766K views 2K replies 389 participants last post by  roswelltop 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start off by saying this is a great forum.

Secondly I am not here to solicit any business, I'm here for you guys and ladies to help out with any questions releated to the Focus.

I've done this on F-150 forums and it's very helpful for them.

Here's what I can help out on. Please read all of this before you ask a question so we aren't asking the same question 40 times!

1. Need to find a specific new vehicle and your local dealer not helping? Just give me your zip code and what you're looking for and I'll try and find one close and let you know how the invoice pricing breaksdown.

2. Incentive information. All I need is your zip code and last name and I can check if you qualify for any private offers such as brochure $750 offers or anything else. Also if you're college grad. and have other offers I'll let you know what you can combine and what you can't.

3. I cannot tell you why Ford is not giving specific options that you want or when such and such option will be available unless I see it on Ford's dealer site.

4. I unfortunately do not have a crystal ball to tell you what incentives will change to.

5. Also if you ordered a vehicle through your dealership I cannot tell you when it will be there and track it. Only your dealership or the shipping dept can do that.

Lastly I am in internet sales so I generally know what dealerships are capable of selling vehicles for, so if you are wondering if there is money being left on the table let me know.

See less See more
#469 ·
Hey everyone, just found this forum and it really is fantastic.

I just ordered a 4dr Titanium with the handling and winter packages for $22,060. I was reading through here and saw the opportunity for a possible $750 rebate, would I be able to use that on my order, or has that window closed?

Thanks

#476 ·
Hi imccrea,

I'm looking at purchasing the new focus and was wondering if you could help me find the one I have in mind (or similar to it). I am looking for a base titanium sedan (preferred) or hatchback in blue candy (preferred) or white metallic. As far as extras I would be willing to buy one with Navigation but not one with the 18" wheels, 401A, or moon-roof.

My zip code is 92102 (San Diego) but I am looking for something close to what I described above from San Diego up to Burbank/Pasadena area. I checked Galpin Ford and they have a blue candy base tit hatch but was wondering if any dealer within my search area has the same exact thing but in a Sedan.

Thanks in advance!

#477 ·
There are 2 Titanium sedans at Yucca Ford in Yucca Valley, CA. 1 is white platinum however it has the 18" wheels (both 400A). Galpin has a few sedans but every one is black and one is base base no options.

Besides this nothing else in S. Cali.

#478 ·
looking for sel-hatch with heated leather in no. calif

Wow, what a great thread.

Can you help me locate a Focus SEL (Hatch) with heated leather seats in Northern California ? I am in zip 95120, don't see anything like this at the nearby dealers (I want the winter package, I am flexible on 302 or 303 package, and if 303 I am open to Nav but don't need it; do not want moonroof, do not want 18" or polished alloy wheels or special paint package).

I have the "750 cash back" from Ford good through July-1, so I want to buy in June if I can locate something which matches my need (if I order it, I fear it will not be here in June so I will miss out on the rebate). Any help you can give me will be much appreciated - thanks !

#479 ·
Wow, what a great thread.

Can you help me locate a Focus SEL (Hatch) with heated leather seats in Northern California ? I am in zip 95120, don't see anything like this at the nearby dealers (I want the winter package, I am flexible on 302 or 303 package, and if 303 I am open to Nav but don't need it; do not want moonroof, do not want 18" or polished alloy wheels or special paint package).

I have the "750 cash back" from Ford good through July-1, so I want to buy in June if I can locate something which matches my need (if I order it, I fear it will not be here in June so I will miss out on the rebate). Any help you can give me will be much appreciated - thanks !
-Capitol Expressway Ford Lincoln Mercury has 2 Titanium 401A sedans no SEL
-The Ford Store Morgan Hill has 1 hatch SEL with 301A, 2 Titanium hatch 401a
-Frontier Ford 2 titanium hatch 401a no SEL.
-North Bay Ford-Lincoln-Mercury SEL hatch 302A
-Tiffany Motor Company SEL hatch 302a

That is the 10 closest that have anything remotely close, looks like only 2!

#480 ·
Thanks for the quick response.The SELs at North-Bay/Tiffany do not have the winter package, bummer. SO looks like no SEL-Hatch with heated leather seats anywhere nearby - weird. Am I really asking for something so unusual - SEL-Hatch with heated leather seats....

Anyway - looks like I have to either rethink what I want, or order and forget about the rebate. Oh well - not in a rush, so I guess I will wait for a couple of weeks to see if something shows up matching my specs, or I will order it.

Thanks for your help !

#481 ·
I don't know how many dealerships are in your area. Here if you drive an hour you can get to an additional 5 dealerships plus the 9 in town so it opens it up. However they are smaller and don't have great inventory. I'm assuming it's the same where you live but if you are willing to take a journey might be worth it.

Razarri Ford in Merced has a SEL hatch 303A in white but it has everything on it.

2012 MODEL YEAR
WHITE PLATINUM MET TRI-COAT 495
ARCTIC WHITE LTHR-TRIM SEATS
.2.0L I4 GDI ENGINE
.6-SPD AUTO TRANSMISSION
.P215/50R17 TIRES
INTER STYLE PKG-ARCTIC WHITE 450
.DR SILL SCUFF PLATE*DLR-INSTL
.FLOOR MATS PREMIUM
WINTER PACKAGE 470
FLOOR MATS ALL WEATHER
HEATED SEATS
PWR/HTD MIRR W/APPROACH LIGHT
PARKING TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE 1,100
AUTOMATED PARKING SYS(SAPP)
REAR VIEW CAMERA
50 STATE EMISSIONS
POWER MOONROOF 795
MYFORD TOUCH/HD SIRIUS/NAV 795
17" ALLOY POLISHED WHEELS 495
REMOTE START *DLR-INSTL 445
KEYLESS ENTRY PAD *DLR-INSTL 95
GRAPHIC PACKAGE *DLR-INSTL 375

#483 ·
I asked but don't think anyone was really sure but maybe you'd know- to trade in a car it has to have valid registration correct? My registration expires today- so guessing I won't be able to trade it in until I re-register? (Which I don't want to do as it would cost me $300 or so)

#484 ·
Posted via FF Mobile So i just looked up rebates. Immcrea can you confirm what aol autos is displaying.

http://autos.aol.com/cars-Ford-Focus-2012/incentives/

Also, since they dont give much detail which can be combined with the other. I see they have a AZX etc plan member cash back that expires 6/1 which they didnt have before for $1000 back. Now that is ONTOP of the x plan price? Then i see other customer cash back incentives also. Just seems like a lot of rebates that werent there three weeks ago.

#485 ·
Based on the X-plan incentive it is still a private offer that you must get via direct mail or e-mail, not available to every X-plan qualifier. Rebates are identical to yesterday for everything, just added a few private mail offers is all plus the X-plan stuff.

#488 ·
Thinking the worst possible(because I have thought this about my car as well when it is delivered) is that the dealer wants to parade it around the lot for a bit for potential new buyers. [wiggle][wiggle] but salesman are probably more clueless than any one of us who scour these forums so he could probably just be wrong and June 20th is a guestimate.

#497 ·
Hi, do you know when or if the incentives for the new 2012 focus will change in June and July? I just orders my new focus today, was planing on using the x-plan pricing and wasn't sure if I could still get first time buyer and college grad. rebates. What route should I take to get the best price? Thanks

#508 ·
I would take your business elsewhere. Jeff came in last night and ordered a Titanium sedan through me and I have a VIN not even 12 hours later for him. 5 weeks is totally unacceptable unless it is a Kona Blue or Red Candy.

#512 ·
Nice! Thanks Ira! I'm shocked it is moving along so quickly. At this rate I might be driving it by the end of the month. Big kudos to you.

#509 ·
Thank you, imccrea, for this thread. Very helpful. I have a question about using a credit card when purchasing a car. I've always bought cars for cash but for my last Ford purchase in '06 I thought I'd use a credit card since it was linked up to airline frequent flyer miles. I planned to pay the credit card bill in total when it came in to avoid interest and even called my credit card company to clear the purchase in advance so I'd have no problem at the dealership. My credit is excellent and my card limit was more than enough to cover the cost. The dealer however--who accepts credit card payments--refused to allow more than 5K of the price to be put on a card. The total would have been 18K and change (hence over 18,000 frequent flyer miles if I'd been able to do it that way). Is this standard practice or was my dealer being a hard ass? I'm planning on a purchase of a 2012 so I'd like to know what my options are.

#516 ·
How long is an order taking to get a blue candy 5 dr titanium focus fully loaded. If I order now what is the estimate of arrival for most cars being ordered in your dealership? I was charged 25,000 through true car.com for my focus without navigation. Some dealers told me since I have that quote from true car they have to honor it. Is this a good deal? What are the deals going on for June?

Candy blue titanium
Parking assist
Moon roof
Winter package
17" machined and painted alloy wheels
Cargo mat
Door sill plates

#525 ·
Just got my $750 rebate in an email- just when I was about to go Prius instead of Ford. Well, now I am going to bring in all my equipment and see how it fits in the Focus. My problem was- it seems a little too small for what I need it for. But hey, with all the savings worth a shot. Are there any other incentives going on right now? Low financing? If Ford dealer gives me a good price for my trade in to- It might be too good to turn down.

#527 ·
Thanks for your help via PM, finally getting ready to buy. I live in South Carolina, found a vehicle about 5 hours away in North Carolina and have been working with the dealership there. My local dealer was having a hard time getting dealers to do a trade, and said that the trade could cost me up to $400-500 to transport the vehicle.

So we are looking at an SEL in Grey, moonroof and Rapid Spec 301A, with a D plan price of $20939. The dealer is trying to charge us a Doc Fee of $409, even though on the D plan agreement it states that the dealer is only allowed to charge a Doc Fee up to $100. I have been on the phone with the sales rep at the dealership and he said the manager won't move off of that $409 number, even after I sent the D Plan agreement to them. They are saying NC law allows them to charge that fee. Any advice? I thought about contacting my local dealership again and seeing if they could secure a trade for the vehicle, but that is risky and I might incur extra cost from that anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.