Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)

766K views 2K replies 389 participants last post by  roswelltop 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start off by saying this is a great forum.

Secondly I am not here to solicit any business, I'm here for you guys and ladies to help out with any questions releated to the Focus.

I've done this on F-150 forums and it's very helpful for them.

Here's what I can help out on. Please read all of this before you ask a question so we aren't asking the same question 40 times!

1. Need to find a specific new vehicle and your local dealer not helping? Just give me your zip code and what you're looking for and I'll try and find one close and let you know how the invoice pricing breaksdown.

2. Incentive information. All I need is your zip code and last name and I can check if you qualify for any private offers such as brochure $750 offers or anything else. Also if you're college grad. and have other offers I'll let you know what you can combine and what you can't.

3. I cannot tell you why Ford is not giving specific options that you want or when such and such option will be available unless I see it on Ford's dealer site.

4. I unfortunately do not have a crystal ball to tell you what incentives will change to.

5. Also if you ordered a vehicle through your dealership I cannot tell you when it will be there and track it. Only your dealership or the shipping dept can do that.

Lastly I am in internet sales so I generally know what dealerships are capable of selling vehicles for, so if you are wondering if there is money being left on the table let me know.

See less See more
#1,418 ·
Titanium Sport Handling Package on Job #2??

In my research to replace my sadly totaled Candy Blue Focus[bigcry] I've noticed that the I'm unable to find the Sport Handling with the Job #2 option. Has it been discontinued? [???:)] [scratch] I've been searching for a Job #2 with the Sport Handling which has the 18" Alloy Wheels and Summer Tires. It seems that it would be cost effective to get the Sport Handling and purchase winter tires.

Is my search fruitless in finding my replacement Focus with theses?[paranoid] I basically am looking for a fully loaded 5 door Hatch Tit. Would it just be easier to order it at this point?

TIA,
Click
[loveff]

#1,419 ·
In my research to replace my sadly totaled Candy Blue Focus[bigcry] I've noticed that the I'm unable to find the Sport Handling with the Job #2 option. Has it been discontinued? [???:)] [scratch] I've been searching for a Job #2 with the Sport Handling which has the 18" Alloy Wheels and Summer Tires. It seems that it would be cost effective to get the Sport Handling and purchase winter tires.

Is my search fruitless in finding my replacement Focus with theses?[paranoid] I basically am looking for a fully loaded 5 door Hatch Tit. Would it just be easier to order it at this point?

TIA,
Click
[loveff]
They exist, just very hard to find. Are you wanting parking tech, navi, roof, etc or what options?

There are about 6 within 2,000 miles of me that are job 2 401A with 18" tires in blue candy but they might not have all the options you want. Remember last day to order is 5/17 for a 12.

#1,420 ·
Cool

Thanks imccrea!

My must haves are:
5-Door Hatch Titanium
401A
Job#2
Leather Seats
Tit Handling
Winter Pkg
Moonroof
Nav
Parking Assist (bonus but not required)

Color Choices in order:
Candy Red w/ Black Leather [headbang]
Candy Red w/ White interior
Sterling gray w/ red interior
Yellow w/ black (can’t find a yellow 5-door Hatch Tit around here in KC so it'd be original) [neener]
Candy Blue w/black

Absolutely not Black or White exterior though.

I'll have my insurance settlement this week, so I'm trying to locate something this week; however I'm willing to order if needed to get the Job2 with sport handling if I have to. I've been without my new baby for 2 weeks (not that I could drive anyway bc of injuries). The FF car gets TOPS marks for safety from me. It called 911 when airbags deployed as well as my spouse. Am completely convinced that this is so well worth every penny spent. [ffrocks][thumb]

BTA: What's the typical wait for an order for the 2012? I've looked at ALL the midwest dealers and only found 1, perhaps there's better luck your way? I so LOVE CO!

#1,421 ·
Thanks imccrea!

My must haves are:
5-Door Hatch Titanium
401A
Job#2
Leather Seats
Tit Handling
Winter Pkg
Moonroof
Nav
Parking Assist (bonus but not required)

Color Choices in order:
Candy Red w/ Black Leather [headbang]
Candy Red w/ White interior
Sterling gray w/ red interior
Yellow w/ black (can’t find a yellow 5-door Hatch Tit around here in KC so it'd be original) [neener]
Candy Blue w/black

Absolutely not Black or White exterior though.

I'll have my insurance settlement this week, so I'm trying to locate something this week; however I'm willing to order if needed to get the Job2 with sport handling if I have to. I've been without my new baby for 2 weeks (not that I could drive anyway bc of injuries). The FF car gets TOPS marks for safety from me. It called 911 when airbags deployed as well as my spouse. Am completely convinced that this is so well worth every penny spent. [ffrocks][thumb]

BTA: What's the typical wait for an order for the 2012? I've looked at ALL the midwest dealers and only found 1, perhaps there's better luck your way? I so LOVE CO!
Bimmer Bob just placed an order today so we shall see ETA but typically 6-9 weeks. Some will get them sooner but it's hard to say really.
Most colors available are tuxedo black, white platinum, ingot silver with the options you chose. I was able to locate a gray with red guts. MSRP $29,000 that is in AR.

#1,422 ·
2012 Focus S/SE sedan invoice ZIP 06489

Hi I am looking to buy white/black Focus.
Is there a package that adds rear disk brakes and rear power windows to the S trim?
If not what is the invoice for the SE sedan and rebates for my area.
Is there a dealer holdback as well?

Thank you!

#1,425 ·
Hi I am looking to buy white/black Focus.
Is there a package that adds rear disk brakes and rear power windows to the S trim?
If not what is the invoice for the SE sedan and rebates for my area.
Is there a dealer holdback as well?

Thank you!
you have to go to se sport pkg. do you want 5 speed or auto?

#1,435 ·
To anyone thinking about getting a car or dealing with Ira, go for it. He's a stand up guy, and will go the extra mile to try and work things out for you. You'll also probably do much better than if you bought through the dealer. In short, he's awesome. Who else is willing to answer all these questions?!

#1,437 ·
Hi! I'm wondering if you can answer a couple questions about the ST.

I have a great local dealer and we've done a lot of business in the last few years (2007 F150 FX4, 2009 Mustang GT Convertible, and a 2011 Mustang 5.0 hardtop). They have expressed that they would help me get a new ST at the lowest possible price. We are A-plan customers when it's available.

They can not tell me at this point if I'll be able to get A-plan or not (initially they said yes, but since then they have backed off that). He said if the plans are not available, they will sell it to me at close to invoice.

I guess my question is, how much UNDER invoice typically is A-plan (or Z-plan). I'd like to be one of the first people to have the car, but not at a $1500 penalty. I will wait a year for the plans to become available if that's what I have to do. If it's only $500 or so extra to get it now, I'll do it.

Thoughts? I know you probably don't have an exact A-plan price, but is it generally a certain amount below invoice?

Thanks
Robb

#1,438 ·
1. A couple more questions - on the pricing sheet for the ST, They list a cost for the ST3 package (Retail $4840) and then underneath it says "Equipment group 202A discount, $405. So does the cost of that package become $4435? Or is that an assumed cost that you save over buying the options in non package form (which would be impossible since they aren't offered that way).

2. On the deal sheet they want me to sign, there are some fees listed - are any of these not legit for an A-plan customer?

Title Fee - $15
License Fee - $150
Doc Fee - $95
Lien filing fee - $10

I'm in the state of Iowa if that matters.

Thanks for your help, it's great to be an educated consumer. I do understand dealers need to make a profit, I just want to make sure I understand what I'm paying before I order this car. If it winds up being a significant amount over A-plan, I'll probably wait.

#1,439 ·
It's up to the dealer, we were told 8,500 ST's will be made. I went to my GSM and I can do a few A/Z/D plan deals on the ST. It is typically $800-$1,000 below invoice. You are correct on the price of ST2.
The fees are going to limit Dealer Handling, we charge $100 on any plan deal here. The other fees are for loan origination and titling fee. Depends on the state really, we charge $27.20 but for out of state you pay when you get plates for it.

If they won't honor A plan let me know, we can help.

#1,440 ·
Thanks very much for your help. I'm glad there's finally a definitive answer on the plans being up to the dealer or not. I was under the impression that there would not be an A/Z/D plan price listed on the paperwork initially which would keep the dealers from selling them on the plans. I think as long as it's available for the dealer to offer me, they will. If they won't I will certainly get in touch with you!

Thanks
Robb

#1,441 ·
Thanks Imccrea

Wanted to let everyone know that I did indeed get my Candy Red FF Hatch Titanium this week. Was able to snag an X-Plan Pin from a relative and got one way more loaded than the previous wrecked Candy Blue. Trying to load pics now. :eek:) Thanks for all your help imccrea! My insurance totaled the previous car (I had it less than 30 days) and paid the previous car off in full. [wiggle]

Mine is:
• 2012 MODEL YEAR
• RED CANDY METALLIC TINTED CC <-- I really thought the tint would be darker. [:(]
• ARCTIC WHITE LTHR-TRIM SEATS
• INTER STYLE PKG-ARCTIC WHITE
• FLOOR MATS PREMIUM
• DR SILL SCUFF PLATE*DLR-INSTL ←This is cool looking![headbang]
• WINTER PACKAGE
• HEATED SEATS
• PWR/HTD MIRR W/APPROACH LIGHT
• PARKING TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE ←This is just [woot]
• AUTOMATED PARKING SYS(SAPP)
• REAR VIEW CAMERA
• FLOOR MATS ALL WEATHER
• 18" ALLOY WHEELS
• SPORT SUSPENSION
• FULL SIZE SPARE WHEEL
• R18 235X40 SUMMER ONLY TIRES
• 50 STATE EMISSIONS
• POWER MOONROOF
• MYFORD TOUCH/HD SIRIUS/NAV
I look forward to doing mods that include tinting, remote start, deflectors for windows, hood and moonroof, and mud flaps to start. [ffrocks]

#1,442 ·
Wanted to let everyone know that I did indeed get my Candy Red FF Hatch Titanium this week. Was able to snag an X-Plan Pin from a relative and got one way more loaded than the previous wrecked Candy Blue. Trying to load pics now. :eek:) Thanks for all your help imccrea! My insurance totaled the previous car (I had it less than 30 days) and paid the previous car off in full. [wiggle]

Mine is:
• 2012 MODEL YEAR
• RED CANDY METALLIC TINTED CC <-- I really thought the tint would be darker. [:(]
• ARCTIC WHITE LTHR-TRIM SEATS
• INTER STYLE PKG-ARCTIC WHITE
• FLOOR MATS PREMIUM
• DR SILL SCUFF PLATE*DLR-INSTL ←This is cool looking![headbang]
• WINTER PACKAGE
• HEATED SEATS
• PWR/HTD MIRR W/APPROACH LIGHT
• PARKING TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE ←This is just [woot]
• AUTOMATED PARKING SYS(SAPP)
• REAR VIEW CAMERA
• FLOOR MATS ALL WEATHER
• 18" ALLOY WHEELS
• SPORT SUSPENSION
• FULL SIZE SPARE WHEEL
• R18 235X40 SUMMER ONLY TIRES
• 50 STATE EMISSIONS
• POWER MOONROOF
• MYFORD TOUCH/HD SIRIUS/NAV
I look forward to doing mods that include tinting, remote start, deflectors for windows, hood and moonroof, and mud flaps to start. [ffrocks]
did it come out of Oklahoma by chance?

#1,445 ·
My dealer does this too:

The Fuel Charge is for what used to be the complimentary first tank of gas with a new car.

The Advertising Assessment is to pay for Mike Rowe on TV.

Destination, which has been there for years, is to ship it to your location from the factory.

The last one I expected. The first two surprised me.

#1,446 ·
Yeah the advertising fee is B.S., sorry Ford. I work in manufacturing myself. Advertising is figured in to the price of the product. It's just a way for them to make the retail price look less than it actually is. Once they have you excited about the new car, they figure you'll just say "Oh it's only $500 more".

#1,449 ·
Just to verify - are you totally sure the plans will be available for dealers to make a call on? On the facebook Ford ST page, "Lisa" the ST brand manager mentioned that A/Z/D/X plans will not be available. Maybe she was just assuming most dealerships wouldn't allow it, but I guess the question is will Ford compensate the dealer as they normally do if someone turns in a PIN number for a Focus ST.

#1,452 ·
we are turning them in if we do any plan deals. Just I don't have the access to see if we will get the commission back or not. I was just told that I can do a A/Z/D plan ST, after that I didn't ask questions.

Based on the past of the GT500 at release there won't be any plan pricing however when we went to build one in the system it allowed us to create a D plan price for the ST. Is that still confusing?

#1,453 ·
I think I'm following you. So there will be an A-plan price on the paper, they just may or may not pay you a commission for selling it. But again, won't you lose money at that point? Is there anyway you can find out the A-plan price now so I can see how much I'll be out if I pay my dealer invoice?

#1,454 ·
It's pretty much a even deal with holdback involved but A plan is about $900 under invoice on an ST2 so from a profit from invoice standpoint yes we'd lose money.

MSRP on $27,000 for ST2 A Plan is $24,662 so factor about $2,400 from that price to MSRP. If they are selling at invoice it's only $900. How'd you get them to do an ST for invoice?

#1,455 ·
Well it didn't start at invoice, in fact I don't really want to pay that much for it. We have bought 3 brand new cars from them since 2007 - A 2007 FX4, a 2009 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, and a 2011 Mustang Premium 5.0. They agreed to sell us a new ST on the A-plan so I ordered it. Afterwards, they asked me to sign another sheet stating "worst case scenario" of selling it to me at invoice +$100 just in case Ford wouldn't honor A-plan.

#1,459 ·
I think it will be that hard to find a dealer willing to sell below MSRP. If you take into account 3,750 Boss 302's were made and many sold above MSRP and there are only 8,500 ST's being made it will be very similiar market.

3200 Ford dealers you figure most will be lucky to get their hands on 2 for the entire 2013 model year. Granted the Mustang is "iconic", it's still a vehicle that many people are yearning for and I've seen people post that they are paying MSRP plus fees.

Also we only carry about $1,800 in markup. Is it that hard to give us our $1,800 profit?

#1,460 ·
At MSRP you make $1800? Nope I'm not trying to bust anyones chops, it's just nice to understand what it really is. There's so much mystery involved.

And that's also why I ask about A-plan - I assume a dealer would be bettter off selling a car on A-plan and getting a commission back from Ford than selling a car at invoice on their own.

#1,462 ·
Yes, I have seen copies of invoices in the past. I think eveyone is aware however that the invoice price isn't exactly what a dealer pays for a car based on a number of other factors. On an ordered car that isn't going to sit on the lot for 6 months, there has to be some monitary value to that.

Again, everyone is in business to make money and I understand that. My only gripe at this point is I don't know exactly what I'm going to pay for the car. To be honest, $28k is about the most I want to spend on a Focus (even an ST) otherwise I'm probably going to be looking at other cars. I can't get a firm answer from my dealer on if I can get A-plan or not (they will if it's available to them), which is why I was asking you if you had more information on if Ford will be honoring it.

If I could get the ST loaded for $25k, I wouldn't care if you made $5k on it. I'd be happy, you'd be happy, it's all good. But because I'm approaching the max I want to spend on a car for my daily driver, it would be good to just know.

Since you had said your manager said you could sell a couple on A/Z/D plan, I assumed you had more information regarding plan availability. If not, I don't see how you could sell them on A/Z/D plan. You said you already make very little money selling a Focus ST at invoice, you would lose money selling it on A or Z plan then if Ford doesn't honor the plan. I can't see how your manager would be willing to do that.

SO - I hope this makes sense, and you realize I'm not giving you a hard time. I was just looking for information. Some of your information contradicts itself, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. (In one post, you mention you can sell a couple ST's at A/Z/D plan, in another post later, you seem very surprised that I found a dealer to sell at invoice).

#1,464 ·
If I could get the ST loaded for $25k...
I'm pretty sure more than a few dealers are going to be selling these for a premium...like MSRP+, at least initially. At this point there is a ton of hype and ample enough interest that it makes no sense for them to cut deals on the thing. Maybe if sales don't pan out and they've got excess inventory at the end of the year, but it's going to be a feeding frenzy at first. I think if you have to be the first guy in town to have an ST you have to be willing to pay to play.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.