Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)

766K views 2K replies 389 participants last post by  roswelltop 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start off by saying this is a great forum.

Secondly I am not here to solicit any business, I'm here for you guys and ladies to help out with any questions releated to the Focus.

I've done this on F-150 forums and it's very helpful for them.

Here's what I can help out on. Please read all of this before you ask a question so we aren't asking the same question 40 times!

1. Need to find a specific new vehicle and your local dealer not helping? Just give me your zip code and what you're looking for and I'll try and find one close and let you know how the invoice pricing breaksdown.

2. Incentive information. All I need is your zip code and last name and I can check if you qualify for any private offers such as brochure $750 offers or anything else. Also if you're college grad. and have other offers I'll let you know what you can combine and what you can't.

3. I cannot tell you why Ford is not giving specific options that you want or when such and such option will be available unless I see it on Ford's dealer site.

4. I unfortunately do not have a crystal ball to tell you what incentives will change to.

5. Also if you ordered a vehicle through your dealership I cannot tell you when it will be there and track it. Only your dealership or the shipping dept can do that.

Lastly I am in internet sales so I generally know what dealerships are capable of selling vehicles for, so if you are wondering if there is money being left on the table let me know.

See less See more
#858 ·
Hello imccrea,

I am looking for a 2012 SE HB Race Red Sport Package, Rapid Spec 201A with a MANUAL TRANSMISSION. I cannot find it in my local market and so I am ready to factory order. If you can't find me one around Watsonville, California 95076, how long are the factory orders taking?

Bersamin

#859 ·
As quick as 54 days as long as 11 weeks.

There are 3 race red 201a manual on the east coast.
There is an incoming one into Montana
There are 2 here in Colorado 1 of which is incoming.

Otherwise you have to order unless you wanna fly to MT or Denver.

#863 ·
Thanks, IMCCREA,
You motivated me to just "Git er done'. Well, I finally ordered my RACE RED, SE HB, Manual transmission, Sport Package and the 201A Rapid Spec.

No MFT (afraid of all the Microsoft-Driver problems). I wish I could just have SYNC. This website got me ready to face a 6-11 week wait.

I appreciated all the experience and help here.

I am going to pray that I can 'delay gratification' and keep my mind busy until final delivery and signing.

#870 ·
Thank you for starting this thread sir. I am new to the forum and looking to acquire my first-ahem, OUR first new car by leasing a Focus. I am waiting on the full pricing breakdown for one that already has my name on it, with nothing down on it but my name and phone number. I do have out-the-door figures including TTT for a new plate, and at 9% PA lease tax.

The car in question is a Sterling Gray SE Sedan, automatic, 203A, sport, and winter. Winter I can take or leave but I want everything else. Would also consider (perhaps prefer) a completely base SEL (If I can find one) but according to the dealer I'm working with the optioned SE is cheaper due to current incentives? Kinda hard to believe because the MSRP is a grand lower. I am shopping in the 17032 and 19446 areas.

Should I expect to be able to negotiate similar deals on the vehicle price as those buying? Are there any $500/$750 offers I've been reading about I can take advantage of?

Almost forgot the lease summary:
36mo/15k
$2929 down, inc. first payment, TTT for new plate
$275/mo, all inclusive

Thank you for your time and I am happy to have seemingly found a great forum for this car already!

#872 ·
You're better off doing X-Plan than doing anything else. Rebates are the same from S to Titanium so he is full of it. As far as rebates go, I've been told Ford is out of private offers but you can always request a brochure to see.

#874 ·
IMCCREA,

I have read enough on the MYFORD TOUCH problems to not to want it in the car I just ordered.

On Saturday, I ordered a 2012 SE Focus Hatchback, with sport package and the 201A Rapid Spec, which is just cruise control, map lights and alarm.

However, when I ordered my Focus, I told my salesman, Oscar that I had heard a lot of great things about SYNC and that I wish I could have ordered SYNC alone.

I told him that it was my understanding that to have SYNC installed that I HAD to order MYFORD TOUCH as well.

Well, Oscar called me back today and said that he thinks that I am confused, the MY FORD Driver Connect Technology with SYNC (small 4 inch screen) is different than the MYFORD TOUCH technology (Bigger Screen) and that he is suggesting that I order the 203A Rapid Spec which includes the 201A convienence package above with the MYFORD and SYNC package (MY FORD Driver Connect Technology) (Dual 4 inch displays and steering mounted audio speakers (6 total) and SIRIUS Radio subscription.

So there is my big question!!!! Is MYFORD Driver Connect Technology NOT MYFORD TOUCH?

Oscar says that he FOUND the 2012 SE Focus Hatchback, with sport package that I ordered and it has the 203A rapid spec with MY FORD Driver Connect Technology with SYNC (small 4 inch screen). [ohcrap]

This means that I won't have to wait 8-11+ weeks for my order!

I know that this is probably a NO BRAINER and that you all are probably thinking "just call Oscar and get that Focus knuckle head'!

I just need to confirm that MY FORD Driver Connect Technology with SYNC (small 4 inch screen) is not MY FORD TOUCH!!!

Please tell me! So I can tell Oscar that I want that Focus he found!

Bersamin

#877 ·
I know I am going to be a pain, but:

In the metro DC area (perferably, 20121) or the NJ area(07726) or the Ohio area(44236)(family in both these, so I can go if I must)

Is there an SEL in sonic blue with stone interior, winter package, 303A, parking? I would take one if it had exterior also, and I would take one if it had NAV (if I recall correctly, it does not have to come with NAV predone for NAV, the dealer can just add the NAV in, correct?)

#890 ·
Walked in today... the dealer has a SEL hatch w/ 301A on order (it hasn't arrived yet). Said I'll buy it right there and then through X-plan. Already have a pin and the printout.

They want to charge $275 doc fee. I absolutely refuse (and show where it says max is 100). Got insulted.... all the typical BS that gives car salesmen bad rep.. it all came out... Surprised me that they still treat their customers like that.

Walked out... no sale. See ya.

May go to another dealership and order.. don't mind the wait all that much.. not in a hurry to have it...

#891 ·
Did you check the actual sales price? The way we do it is sell the car $424 below X-Plan and by the time you add $499 D & H it's only $75. It's confusing to every single person that comes in but the math works.

#892 ·
Yes, the price checked out against Ford's X-plan website. The site rounds up the number (it was showing 21864 and actual number was 21863 and a few cents). I did not look at actual invoice to see the X-plan price, but it cross-checked with the site so I didn't think it was necessary.

Just curious about your method -- is that actual X-plan or you're avoiding X-plan paperwork by doing it your way.. You still end up wtih same number, obviously... (PS.. apparently the doc fee is not $75 any more..)

#896 ·
imccrea - question for you

I am getting ready to order a new 2012 Focus. I live in a small town in Michigan and the dealer here said 6-8 weeks but could be more to get car. Probably Titanium in Gray with moon roof and winter package and black machined rims.

Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor Michigan says they are the third largest dealer in the nation and can get it in 4-5 weeks.

Does that sound right? Does a bigger dealer have more influence over Ford?

#897 ·
I am getting ready to order a new 2012 Focus. I live in a small town in Michigan and the dealer here said 6-8 weeks but could be more to get car. Probably Titanium in Gray with moon roof and winter package and black machined rims.

Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor Michigan says they are the third largest dealer in the nation and can get it in 4-5 weeks.

Does that sound right? Does a bigger dealer have more influence over Ford?
Most dealers will trade their stock for a car that matches what you are looking for. That is different than doing a factory order, and is probably where the difference is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.