Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)

766K views 2K replies 389 participants last post by  roswelltop 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start off by saying this is a great forum.

Secondly I am not here to solicit any business, I'm here for you guys and ladies to help out with any questions releated to the Focus.

I've done this on F-150 forums and it's very helpful for them.

Here's what I can help out on. Please read all of this before you ask a question so we aren't asking the same question 40 times!

1. Need to find a specific new vehicle and your local dealer not helping? Just give me your zip code and what you're looking for and I'll try and find one close and let you know how the invoice pricing breaksdown.

2. Incentive information. All I need is your zip code and last name and I can check if you qualify for any private offers such as brochure $750 offers or anything else. Also if you're college grad. and have other offers I'll let you know what you can combine and what you can't.

3. I cannot tell you why Ford is not giving specific options that you want or when such and such option will be available unless I see it on Ford's dealer site.

4. I unfortunately do not have a crystal ball to tell you what incentives will change to.

5. Also if you ordered a vehicle through your dealership I cannot tell you when it will be there and track it. Only your dealership or the shipping dept can do that.

Lastly I am in internet sales so I generally know what dealerships are capable of selling vehicles for, so if you are wondering if there is money being left on the table let me know.

See less See more
#711 ·
You may or may not have to leave a deposit depending on the dealer. Your choice of build options will likely play a part in this. The contract isn't signed and payment completed until the car is delivered. I left a $1k deposit which didn't bother because I have every intention of completing the purchase. Your mileage may vary.

#720 ·
I just found out I qualify for X-Plan pricing through my employer. Is there still room to go down from there? For example, a dealer was offering VIN 1FAHP3J28CL155436 for $26k even. Considering the X-Plan MSRP is only a couple hundred more than that, is that really the best I can expect?

#723 ·
You do have the $750 however you cannot combine it with the Z Plan price.

This is what it looks like:

Click to view Compatibility Profile 11916 - Ford Credit Retail Bonus Customer Cash Financed by Ford Credit CommerciaLease $500
Jul-05-2011

Click to view Compatibility Profile 20288 - APR Financing Financed by Ford Credit See Chart
Jul-05-2011

Click to view Compatibility Profile 71988 - 5Yr./100K Mile Retail Powertrain CARE ESP
$445
Jul-05-2011

#728 ·
Do end of the month deals really exist or is that just a fallacy? I can't find an SEL but seems like dealers have Titanium's in stock due to the poor reviews of the MFT. I'm going thru Xplan but could I possibly get a good deal on a Titanium if I tell them I am willing to take it off their lot before the 1st instead of asking them to order me an SEL and I wait?

#729 ·
Depends on size of the dealership, if they are constantly trying to achieve 1 in their region they might discount it but it's tough to say. Our incentives end July 5th so really any deal between now and then you'll be okay.

#730 ·
Shipping time

Just ordered a hatchback, Sterling Grey (wish it was Kona) SEL 303A, med-light stone interior. Left a $500 deposit.

Invoice is quoted at 22884 and they're charging $200 over invoice. They said it's cheaper to order than to grab one off the lot. Time to delivery is 8-12 weeks.

I'm in zip code 98052, no special student or military background.

Two questions:
  1. Did I leave any money on the table? Coupons, specials, etc? Seems like they offered a decent deal (cheaper than my X-plan)
  2. Is 8-12 weeks normal? Is there any way to shorten this time? I'm without a car until they deliver, which is a bit of a hassle.

#731 ·
Just ordered a hatchback, Sterling Grey (wish it was Kona) SEL 303A, med-light stone interior. Left a $500 deposit.

Invoice is quoted at 22884 and they're charging $200 over invoice. They said it's cheaper to order than to grab one off the lot. Time to delivery is 8-12 weeks.

I'm in zip code 98052, no special student or military background.

Two questions:
  1. Did I leave any money on the table? Coupons, specials, etc? Seems like the offered a decent deal (cheaper than my X-plan)
  2. Is 8-12 weeks normal? Is there any way to shorten this time? I'm without a car until they deliver, which is a bit of a hassle.
Well you can still try for a brochure until it shows up, so not really having to worry about the deal being done yet. Seems like a good deal as I can't find a 303a under $23,000 here in my region.

There really is no way to shorten it, Jeff has his vehicle shipped out after ordering June 1st so we're looking about 6-7 weeks as the quickest I've seen a Focus built.

#732 ·
I'm not sure what you mean by "try for a brochure until it shows up". Do you mean I could keep looking for the same car at other dealerships until mine arrives?

EDIT: Just read above--so if I order a brochure by mail, there's a chance it may contain a coupon. I'll have to try that.

Also, just saw the invoice--it looks like my order is a priority 19.

#733 ·
I'm not sure what you mean by "try for a brochure until it shows up". Do you mean I could keep looking for the same car at other dealerships until mine arrives?

Also, just saw the invoice--it looks like my order is a priority 19.
http://www.ford.com/brochures/

Click receive brouchure by mail and sometimes they will send you a private offer for $750 rebate for buying a vehicle. That way until your vehicle arrives you have 6-10 weeks to find extra dough. Not look for another vehicle.

#739 ·
Generally they have an expiration date of 8 weeks from the time of issue. Read it more carefully. I'd be shocked if it wasn't on there somewhere.

#738 ·
What's the best way to get a specific car? I'm looking for a SEL hatch automatic in silver. Base model. So far no dealer has been able to find one. On fords partner site (Using x-plan) It only gives you search for 5 different dealerships at a time per zip code. Is there a way to search within a 100 mile radius or similar? I'm hoping to find the car very soon. I have word in with 2 dealers who say they are searching.

My zip is 91607

#740 ·
This dealership has a 300A in silver:

Name Ron Drenkow Motors, Inc.
Address 2604 E. Park Street
City Sheldon
State IA

This dealership has a 300A in silver:
Name Jim Taylor Ford Lincoln
Address 1605 North Service Road East
City Ruston
State LA

There are a few in Pittsburgh as well.

#750 ·
SE Sport Package
• 16" Alloy Wheels
• Sport Seats
• Rear Disc Brakes
• SelectShift (Only when automatic is ordered)
• Piano Black Grille
• Rear Spoiler (Standard on 5-Door)
• Metallic Interior Trim Finish – Door pulls and register surround
• Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Note: Not Available with Super Fuel Economy Package (SFE) (46F)
Note: SelectShift Requires Automatic Transmission (44W)
Note: Sport Pkg. is available with manual

#755 ·
Name Bob Bowen Ford, Inc.
Address 2189 West U.S. 40
City Brazil
State IN
Postal Code47834
Phone(812) 442-2000

Black interior ^^

Name Lakewood Ford
Address 11503 Pacific Hwy SW
City Lakewood
State WA
Postal Code 98499

Black interior ^^

There are a few out East but all blk or white interior. It simply does not exist sorry.

#758 ·
Picked up the car today.

It is great!

One thing that left a bad taste in my mouth.. my salesman was trying hard to sell me this exterior/interior protection package. I pretty much refused but agreed to let the finance guy show me the numbers. FInance guy NEVER mentioned anything about this package and just sold me an extended warranty.. I never signed anything to agree to it or anything.

I just looked through my paperwork and found out they charged me $1400 for it!!

Definitely going to give them a call tomorrow and ask what the charge is for. I never agreed to it! And they never did anything to my car. I am pissed.

They have to take it off right?

#759 ·
I ordered my car on June 21st. Even though I am not qualified for Ford X plan, the sales manager was willing to sell me at that price. Is that the best I can do or should I negotiate more?
p/s:My car is a sedan SEL with 302 package and thats it. The price is around $21500.

#764 ·
There are a total of 4 Kona Blue titanium Hatch 401A in the USA.

1. is incoming unit to Alaska
2. Been on the lot 37 days in Maine.
3. Been on the lot 31 days in Maryland.
4. Been on the lot 75 days in Syracuse (white interior).

No Sonic Blue's have released, everything else is blue candy.

#765 ·
What do shipping costs normally run from dealership to dealership? If I go into my local Ford dealership and ask them to bring in the one from Maryland, how much would they charge on top of my XPlan price? Is one dealership closer than another (e.g. Washington is closer to Alaska)?

(Also--which, if any of those have the handling package?)

#769 ·
imccrea,

First, this thread has been a great resource as I try to purchase a new Focus. Thanks for all your help.

Secondly, I'm looking for a Kona Blue SE with the sport package in Texas or bordering states. Can you help me find one? Not too picky, but I prefer a sedan and few options.

Thanks again.

#770 ·
That's the exact car my salesman found in Indiana a couple of days ago (I'm in Michigan). Will be picking it up on Monday. I saw the car today, and it's a beautiful piece of American craftsmanship. Can't wait to drive it.

Be patient, and you'll be able to find that exact car.

#771 ·
Realistic Order timeframe for delivery

Question what's a realistic time frame on delivery on a Focus ordered the first week of June and is there still an issue with the Red Candy Metallic Paint. I drive by Michigan Assembly periodically and I have yet to see any thing other than race red (Lots of grey and white focuses waiting to be shipped). I know my build spec is a bit odd for the US market.

SE Hatchback
5 Speed manual
SE Sport
203a
Winter Package
Red Candy Metallic.

#773 ·
Question what's a realistic time frame on delivery on a Focus ordered the first week of June and is there still an issue with the Red Candy Metallic Paint. I drive by Michigan Assembly periodically and I have yet to see any thing other than race red (Lots of grey and white focuses waiting to be shipped). I know my build spec is a bit odd for the US market.

SE Hatchback
5 Speed manual
SE Sport
203a
Winter Package
Red Candy Metallic.
None of the new red candy codes have shipped out, might be early August before it's built.

#778 ·
Happily, I read that thread right before picking up my Titanium, and my salesman ("Spanky" Meeks) got the bits ordered for me on the spot, no charge, he's earned my business and referrals.

The 4 pegs and cover came to about $92.

When installing, the shorter (black) pegs go on the forward mounting studs, and the longer (white) on the rear.
A deep socket wrench makes the installation quick and painless.

#780 ·
$750 private cash - how long?

Took possession of my 2012 Focus on May 24 and turned in my private cash offer to dealer, they had me sign some papers regarding it. Said it would take 6 weeks but haven't seen it yet. How long is it taking for folks to get the check?

#782 ·
Still looking for a SEL hatch base model- in silver charcoal interior in the LA, Ca area. Willing to drive 100 miles either direction from 91607.

So far the dealer hasn't found me much- I don't think- he's not really getting back to me. First time I've ever had to follow up with a dealer. Odd. Hoping to find something before 7/31 so I can use the $750

Do you show anything like that in my area? Willing to add an option like MFT or moonroof- but would rather avoid if possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.