I want my focus already!! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2006, 03:42 PM   #1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 22639
What I Drive: 02' Cavalier. Future Yellow ZX3 owner!

FF Reputation: 1 sheila_beela Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry I want my focus already!!

My dad works for ford and I wanted a new car so I ordered a focus ZX3 SES. I ordered my focus July 5th. Due to a two week shutdown it would bring the standard 4-8 weeks to 6-8. My dad called the plant it was being made in and got some info on it. It was built July 31. Now it has left the shop from Wayne. Its either on a train a 18 wheeler who knows. My dad said he can not look at where it is anymore since it has left the plant but he said the dealer can. So my dealer calls me he says the same thing my dad told me. It was built July 31 and should arrive August 21. A few weeks go by and I call the dealer. My salesman was not there that day so I talked to a lady I tell her my name and my car and she says it should be at the dealership at the end of this week( August 11ish) beggining of next week (August 16thish). So I got really excited told my parents and everyone. A few days go by and my dad says to call and have my salesman track to see where the last stop was. My salesman said he can't do that and he said my car will be at the dealership August 25. I was like WTF! I just talked to some lady who said it would be here at this time..blah blah. He was like I don't know who you talked to..yadayada..So I hangup with him and I'm mad. I go to the measures of going to another dealership and I looked and test drove a Mustang b/c I want a car now! So my dad called and talked to the guy and he would call the salesman and he said he would look further into it and call me back. That was on Thursday. Now it is Saturday and I heard nothing from this guy. What should I do? Go up there? They can't avoid me then.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2006, 04:51 PM   #2
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

Points 14,030, Level 76
Points: 14,030, Level: 76 Points: 14,030, Level: 76 Points: 14,030, Level: 76
Level Up 95% Completed
Level up: 95% Level up: 95% Level up: 95%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
all in good time, if you ordered exacley what you want it will be worth it in the end.
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums
Old 08-12-2006, 08:03 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37787
What I Drive: 2004 SVT EAP ZX5 #249

FF Reputation: 1 1SVTFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The car you wanted wasnt at any other dealer within 100 miles of you? I would wonder if maybe they didnt do an indepth enough dealer check?

Rember: good things come to those who wait.
SVT Squad #258
Mean what you say, Say what you mean.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:09 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35398
What I Drive: 2006 zx3 ses...Black

FF Reputation: 1 faulkton Good Standing Member
go to another ford dealer and tell them you will buy it if they can find the car you want before they call you to pick up the one you ordered.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:59 PM   #5
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 37652
What I Drive: 2006 ZX5 Pitch Black SES

FF Reputation: 1 Spike Lover Good Standing Member
That sucks!
Old 08-13-2006, 12:34 AM   #6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 22639
What I Drive: 02' Cavalier. Future Yellow ZX3 owner!

FF Reputation: 1 sheila_beela Good Standing Member
They did a search when I bought it. I even gave different colors than the one I wanted. I also put on a lot of features that most focuses do not have that is probably why they didn't have one that was close. My salesman said he would look every day to see if a focus like the one I ordered pops up at a different dealer. I went to a couple nearby dealers a few days ago and you can't find many focuses. Everyone wants them b/c gas is so high.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:55 AM   #7
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 37891
What I Drive: 2005 Focus Titanium (european)

FF Reputation: 1 Flob Good Standing Member
You should be happy, if you get your car in 6-8 weeks.

One jear ago I ordered a new Focus here in Germany with lot of extra stuff and especially a diesel engine with particle filter (I hope, thats called so in the USA ).

It took 7 months!!! until I got my new car!
But that was an exception even here in Europe. Normally a new car is delivered in 8-12 weeks.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:06 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31008
What I Drive: 06 Chevy Cobalt LS 5speed

FF Reputation: 1 nomoreavril Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
the 25th isnt too far away, i say wait. but if its not here by then yeah, go somewhere else
*FOR SALE*NEEDS TO GO: FS DURATEC STRUT BAR 50$ -ZX3/ZX5 SIDE SKIRTS PM ME!!
Old 08-27-2006, 01:13 PM   #9
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 35284
What I Drive: 2007 Screaming Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 martinjmacZX3 Good Standing Member
I ordered my Focus from the factory also. It was made the week of July 31st and it arrived at the dealership on 22 Aug.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.