Hi FF fraks Hello From EUROP - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2006, 08:07 AM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 34744
FF Reputation: 1 RalphEuropFAN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi FF fraks Hello From EUROP

HI FF fans my name is Ralph first of all I want to say sorry for my english it is not so good
I have some questions to Focus owners soon I want to buy my first Focus but I have a problem what is the diff between SVT and ST I know SVT is US version and ST is europ but is there a diff in engine suspension if Im going to buy SVT and bring it to EUROP exac to POLAND
do you think I can have problems whit fiting parts I mean engine parts suspension parts from ST version to SVT.
Why Im asking this kind of questions this year Im going to chicago and Im thinking to buy a Ford Focus SVT and bring it to my cauntry and if you can type me how much I should pay for 2003-2004 SVT and if you have some advices whit buying Focus plese let me know thank you tock to you soon. Gratings from POLAND

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2006, 08:33 AM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 29791
What I Drive: '06 ZX4 ST, '06 Escape, '87 911 Cab

FF Reputation: 5 babyface Good Standing Member
A good condition SVT will cost you about $10-15,000 US, depending on model year and options.

Parts from the ST will not fit on the SVT, due to totally different engines. SVT's are cool cars, and would be very unique in Poland, but ST's are so much better. More power, better handling, and in my opinion, better styling.

If you have the money to buy the SVT, and ship it back to Poland, by all means, go for it. I don't think you will be dissapointed.

When are you going to Chicago? There are quite a few people on this site who live there, and can give you some help on where to find good condition SVT's in the area. Several of them also own STV's. If you get a chance, you could go check one out, before you buy, get an owners opinion.

Good luck my Polish friend, and bring me some pierogies, lol
ST Crew #1

Current Mods: Silverstars, iPad radio/navigation, center muffler delete, Hella 700FF driving lights, brakes, Red/White footwell LED's, lock-switch lights, Tigger doll from GF
Old 05-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 34744
FF Reputation: 1 RalphEuropFAN Good Standing Member
Eh thats not good that parts from ST are diffrent and its little stupid I was thinking they are thesame :( allmoust.Beucose what if something in engine or in suspension will breake its going to be hard to get the parts.

Im going to be in Chicago in Jun so I will try to tock whit the owners ;]

PS: thanks and reed122 I rather drink whit you some polish wadka :) ok Im going to bring pierogi to and polish sousage :D Peace
Old 05-01-2006, 12:04 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

mmm, vodka pierogi and sausage, sounds good.

if you were to get an SVT, it runs the Zetec engine. I know earlier Focus's had Zetecs, in Europe, as do several other Ford cars. You could probably use parts from other Ford models, at least until your real SVT parts come in.
ST Crew #1

Current Mods: Silverstars, iPad radio/navigation, center muffler delete, Hella 700FF driving lights, brakes, Red/White footwell LED's, lock-switch lights, Tigger doll from GF
Old 05-01-2006, 08:24 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2994
What I Drive: 2008 WRX, 2002

FF Reputation: 1 kpSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Actually the ST170 and the SVT have exactly the same engine and transmission. A lot of parts are interchangable...They called the ST170 engine a Duratec... It is the same exact engine as the SVT. If you notice an SVT engine does not say Zetec anywhere on it. You guys really should know what your talking about before you give someone advice. The ST170 has more available options than the SVT. I don't think you would have big problems with it. I guess it really depends on what you like. You could always buy an ST170 and put an SVT frontend and rearend conversion on it!!
Old 05-02-2006, 11:34 AM   #6
Focus Fanatic

sorry bro. I assumed when he talked about ST, he meant the newer ST, with th Volvo 5cyl. If it's an ST170, then I don't know.
ST Crew #1

Old 05-02-2006, 06:21 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2994
What I Drive: 2008 WRX, 2002

FF Reputation: 1 kpSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Your right man... sorry for jumpin' down your throat!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 07:18 PM   #8
Focus Fanatic

ST Crew #1

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.