fixing up a civic,weird problems, need help. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2006, 12:01 AM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31008
What I Drive: 06 Chevy Cobalt LS 5speed

FF Reputation: 1 nomoreavril Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
fixing up a civic,weird problems, need help.

ok yeah yeah its a civic, anyways my mom hates when i do stuff to my focus, so i went out and found someone with a friend who was selling a 1993 civic coupe ex for 2500....
well i talked him into making it 2300 and letting me pay 100 every week. i wanted to use it to fix it up and race and stuff...but stuff happened and i owe my mom money so i have to fix it and sell it for more

well anyways...the people that had it before him(he buys older/salvage cars and fixes them up and sells them) didnt take care of it....i'm not racist but they were hispanic....dont take offense. but they did try spraypainting the car, and unfortunately the engine bay..and got some on the intake(it is a cai)...has the white wiper blades and a purple tint bar across the front window, and a black front body kit bumper...its weird because its made out of rubber or something...

i had to clean the cai cuz it was in his garage, dusty and what not, so i brough my air filter recharge kit and proceeded...only to find out on the bottom of the intake was a smal hole..about the size of a small marble ...so i was like well crap...so i went and bought a generic spectre cone filter for 27 bucks....he let me take it out of my payment, cuz he's cool. so i put that on there and got the cai all cleaned up and installed. battery on the car is pretty low...it charges after we jump it but dies recently after again. welll it hasnt been run in a year...and when you turn it on it revs itself up(and its manual transmission). like you sit in the car...and it just goes idle...to 3k rpms..1k...3k...1k...3k...forever...it wont stop. its easy to hear cuz it has an exhaust on it too. why is it doing this???? he says he thinks its cuz it hasnt been run so the computer is freaking out and it will fix itself. he is a mechanic he knows a lot about cars(although i had to explain to him about the cai and what its use is). tomorrow i will take pictures and post them so you can see what my other problems are...there are a few..

he says he will fix everything before i finish paying it.. he has to replace the clutch cuz it was already out when he got it and fix the brakes cuz they went out

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2006, 12:08 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17119
What I Drive: 2003,pitch black, svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 blacksvt03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
the idle the problem sounds like a problem and not a computer issue. i had a similair problem and if i remember correctly it was a vacume leak.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:21 AM   #3
Focus Addict

vacuum leak? what do you mean? how did you fix it?
*FOR SALE*NEEDS TO GO: FS DURATEC STRUT BAR 50$ -ZX3/ZX5 SIDE SKIRTS PM ME!!
Old 04-13-2006, 12:35 AM   #4
Detailing Freak

Fan#: 30258
What I Drive: 2014 ford

Points 16,124, Level 81
Points: 16,124, Level: 81 Points: 16,124, Level: 81 Points: 16,124, Level: 81
Level Up 55% Completed
Level up: 55% Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 23 MattZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
all the vacuume lines that go from the intake to the throttle body, or the breather hose for the crankcase, or pcv valve.. so many places to leak from.... when i had my integra, the idle was funky, start the car, idle at 3k for like 5 minutes, then it would just drop to like 750, and almost want to die... though the car did hav like 201k miles on it... have you checked the plugs and wires, easy stuff like a basic tune up? how about the fuel filter? all cheap parts that will make a car run like crap unless they are replaced.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:40 AM   #5
Focus Addict

actually the breather hose from the crankcase to the intake it a little clogged....you'd have to see a picture...it connects to a part of the intake but you have to force it back and then push it into the sleeveon the intake...it will go inside but the rubber bendable part at the crankcase is like an s if you were squish it...so its kinda clogged...think i should cut part of the plastic part so that it is straight from the engine to the intake? instead of crumpled up
*FOR SALE*NEEDS TO GO: FS DURATEC STRUT BAR 50$ -ZX3/ZX5 SIDE SKIRTS PM ME!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.