first maintenance appointment... not too happy - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2006, 03:47 AM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26263
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ILuvMyZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
first maintenance appointment... not too happy

ok, so it's been a while since i hit the 5k mile mark (i was actually a little over) and took it to the dealer for an oil change and get tires rotated etc. BTW, when i bought the car, i also purchased the extended warranty and the maintenance program.
I'm out of town, so I take it to a different dealer than the one i got it from. It turns out that the dealer I got it from never put my maintenance program purchase in the system, so after making a few phonecalls and talking to a bunch of different people, they told me I would have to pay for it, and then I'll get reimbursed, and that they fixed the problem right away, and i shouldn't have any problems next time. At least they fixed it. Anyone else here has had that problem??

What really has me worried though, is that I think they screwed something up when they rotated the tires, because i hear little noise, pretty weird, like a plastic bag stuck to all 4 tires. I checked them, I don't see anything, and the sound wasn't there when i pulled in their shop. It's constant, and it gets worse as I go faster.
so I'm taking it back tomorrow. They better fix it or I'm gonna start shooting people, hehe

Last edited by ILuvMyZX3; 02-11-2006 at 02:38 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2006, 06:10 PM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 15299
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 Wine Cooled Eng.

FF Reputation: 54 Blurvfocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
You will often get tire noise when you rotate them. The tread elements on tires that are pulling the car wear sort of like a ratchet wheel. When you swap the tires around, you have the "ratchet tires" on the back and, well, you get the idea.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:10 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8465
What I Drive: 2001 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 m0nny Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
^ No I dont get the idea. Don't know what your talking about.
"Exactly.
Dont race him, it would be a waste of gas. You would probably win.
Zetec is a cheap ripoff of vtec and is nothing like vtec, i dont even think you can feel it kick in. "

Anyone else feel their zetec kicking in?
Old 02-10-2006, 08:30 PM   #4
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(

Fan#: 493
What I Drive: 02 PWorks SVTF, 2014 Subaru Outback

Points 37,070, Level 100
Points: 37,070, Level: 100 Points: 37,070, Level: 100 Points: 37,070, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 4 avengerc4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
I don't think you should have that problem?? but then again I don't rotate tires...it does nothing really...your gonna have to replace them in the same amount of time anyways...SO wear down the fronts all the way, then place the rears on the front and burn those down etc. etc. I guess that would be rotation, and when I did that I never had a problem
Old 02-11-2006, 02:44 PM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26263
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ILuvMyZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
well, just wanted to let you guys know... the problem's been fixed.
it was the damn hubcaps, there was rust from the steelies accumulated between them and the hubcaps, so they pulled them off, wiped off the rust, put some wd40, and that was it. if i would've known i would've done it myself. now i know. lol
anyways, thanks for your input.
Team Duratec #45

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.