What is wrong with people!!! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2006, 08:07 PM   #1
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,111, Level 96
Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry What is wrong with people!!!

What is with drivers, like no one is considerate. Today i was driving to school and i was on two lane road, one lane going one way and another going the other. Anyway im passing a school obeying the speed limit and ahead of me theres this two taxi's sitting on the side of the road in a spot your not suppose to park, so one of the taxis decides to just pull out about 15 feet infront of me and doesnt even bother to put his turn single on, so that kinda annoyed me. Im passed the school now, and this taxi driver decides to go slow, so im going like 25mph and im already late to school so i wanted to get going, theres certain spots on this road were the solid double yellow line changes to a dashed yellow so your allowed to pass. So i look ahead to see if any cars were coming and made sure it was safe so i put my turn signal on and proceed to pass the guy, I get passed him alittle ways and now he can see me and i put my right turn signal on so to let him know im going back over, i wasnt going back over yet just letting him know i was going to so, im speeding up to get a clear distance so i dont cut him off and i look over and hes speeding up, and decides to take off. I had to put on my brakes so i could get back behind him and he rolls down his window and gives me the finger......and the whole rest of the way he decided to go faster then he was doing. It just really pissed me off, and this isnt the first time this has happened, people really have problems with people passing them, they drive slow and then all of a sudden when someone wants to go infront of them they decide to speed up......i was being an ass he was going under the speed limit and i did my passing by the book.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2006, 08:10 PM   #2
Detailing Freak

Fan#: 30258
What I Drive: 2014 ford

Points 16,124, Level 81
Points: 16,124, Level: 81 Points: 16,124, Level: 81 Points: 16,124, Level: 81
Level Up 55% Completed
Level up: 55% Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 23 MattZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
meh...people are dumb, and theres nothing you can do to stop it, the only thing u can do is be defensive, because 2 aggressive drivers isnt pretty....
    Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2006, 08:16 PM   #3
!FRENCH FRY!

Fan#: 31168
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv

FF Reputation: 8 stoopidsteve87 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
haha, i was just about to tell you to come out here to los angeles and THEN you could talk about stupid drivers, but then i realized you were in NY so i'm sure you know about them plenty.

i was comin home one day, came up on an overpass, and this was just after i moved here so i didn't know the area well. i was in the right lane, the sign said the lane was good to go straight or turn to the freeway, so i stayed in the lane, which then on the other side of the overpass suddenly turned, so i had to jump over to avoiding the freeway. honestly, it was closer than you would normally do, but i didn't cut in front of the guy so that he'd have to slam his breaks to miss me, there was still plenty of room. but further down the road he flies around me, gets right in front of me, and slams his breaks, came about 2 feet from hitting him.

stupid people.
Gump Crew #11 / Team Duratec #196
THE Blazin' Copper Hottness of the South

!FRENCH FRY! - The Stop Light Destroyer
Taylor Swift Crew(TSC) #2
Old 01-25-2006, 08:20 PM   #4
Detailing Freak

Fan#: 30258
What I Drive: 2014 ford

Points 16,124, Level 81
Points: 16,124, Level: 81 Points: 16,124, Level: 81 Points: 16,124, Level: 81
Level Up 55% Completed
Level up: 55% Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 23 MattZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
well, at least it would have been his fault, even thou you would have rear ended him...
Old 01-25-2006, 09:05 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30058
What I Drive: 09 Subaru Impreza WRX OBP (Black)

FF Reputation: 1 jlemond Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Ya thats what we'd say is he did it, but in LA if you rearend someone ur screwed it your fault no matter what
Team Duratec #44,Team D23 #8, Team So-Cal D23 #1
Old 01-25-2006, 09:42 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27624
What I Drive: 2002 white zts

FF Reputation: 1 ZTSdriver Good Standing Member
i think some people have no idea exactly what theyre doing when they are driving these days. it seems the majority of the drivers have a similar mental attitude: "all that matters is me and my needs"
Old 01-25-2006, 09:53 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 28589
What I Drive: 02' Silver Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Dispraiser Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
People in cars are *******s, 90% of the time. I was driving on a 4 lane road notorious for being difficult to turn left onto. I was in the rightmost lane, and the guy was trying to turn into the lanes to my left. I did not have my signals on, was not driving slow, and did nothing to indicate I was not going to stay on the road in the same path, but the ******* in his Audi pulls out to block my lane. He STOPS in the middle of the road, waits for a clearing, and sheepishly waves at me. WHAT THE ****!

It's people that are so safe that no one is going to hit their car, and they have nothing to fear. There is no punishment for being an ******* driver. That is why we need huge trucks completely free of legal responsibility for the damage they cause. We'll put huge, pointy plows on the front, so when someone decides to pull out in too short of a gap or block a lane or block the intersections when there's a traffic jam (DON'T ******G BLOCK THE BOX!) one of those trucks comes flying by, tears the guy's car in half, and leaves him crying in the street, responsible for his self centered, assholic driving.

I'm sorry you might have to wait 2 second longer car that's trying to turn onto a road, but if you turn out in front of me, you have to mean it! I only pull out in front of someone when I know I won't make them slow down. Do not inconvenience others to make your life easier.

I hate people so much, sometimes.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:49 PM   #8
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,111, Level 96
Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
^^^i understand what you mean, and thats why i wasnt going to go over until i knew i was at a safe distance....but of course this guys pride had to set in and he decided to speed up so i couldnt go infront of him. Ill just need to get a faster car....so then id be able to pass them without the person even being able to speed up

Last edited by DrkKnight614; 01-25-2006 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:12 AM   #9
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,933, Level 98
Points: 27,933, Level: 98 Points: 27,933, Level: 98 Points: 27,933, Level: 98
Level Up 59% Completed
Level up: 59% Level up: 59% Level up: 59%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 271 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
It sounds like you need to talk to Tom and get a turbo kit DrkKnight

Well I can tell you that driving an E-350 towing a scissor lift on a trailer is no picnic in Rhode Island. Well... driving anything in Rhode Island besides a 72 Fury with a cow-catcher on the front and tires hanging off the side is not easy IMHO.

I was trying to get over in an intersection where two highways merge-- I can't recall which ones- but you have like 10 car lengths to merge over 4 lanes-- it's an insane interchange. I knew I was screwed when I was pulling up to the interchange because it was close to 3pm, and the van didn't accelerate well with the lift behind it. Sure enough, a carload of hat backwards adolescents were talking to each other and not paying attention to my blinkers as they stayed about 2 ft past the end of the trailer. Well I learned a trick (doesn't work with Foci, but I have a trick for those too) back when I drove a 64 Dodge every day--- WEAVE. So with my blinker on, I brought the trailer within about 6" of their car... and the driver finally noticed me and waved me over just in time to catch an empty spot in the next lane past him which got me to my interchange without having to drive to the next exit and turn around. Sometimes you just have to wake people up.

For Foci... I recommend replacing the horn. I'm still looking to find a late model truck with a horn that uses two wires. I'll let everyone know when I find one. The Focus horn is good for a small car, but there's nothing like the commanding presence of an F-250 horn to make people wake up. I used an older F-150 horn in my little RX-7 years ago, and stopped having problems with people on the highway. Nobody really pays much attention to air horns and things.. but everyone knows the sound of a truck horn

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:44 AM   #10

Fan#: 20623
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R 636

FF Reputation: 105 Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Re: What is wrong with people!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DrkKnight614
What is with drivers, like no one is considerate. Today i was driving to school and i was on two lane road, one lane going one way and another going the other. Anyway im passing a school obeying the speed limit and ahead of me theres this two taxi's sitting on the side of the road in a spot your not suppose to park, so one of the taxis decides to just pull out about 15 feet infront of me and doesnt even bother to put his turn single on, so that kinda annoyed me. Im passed the school now, and this taxi driver decides to go slow, so im going like 25mph and im already late to school so i wanted to get going, theres certain spots on this road were the solid double yellow line changes to a dashed yellow so your allowed to pass. So i look ahead to see if any cars were coming and made sure it was safe so i put my turn signal on and proceed to pass the guy, I get passed him alittle ways and now he can see me and i put my right turn signal on so to let him know im going back over, i wasnt going back over yet just letting him know i was going to so, im speeding up to get a clear distance so i dont cut him off and i look over and hes speeding up, and decides to take off. I had to put on my brakes so i could get back behind him and he rolls down his window and gives me the finger......and the whole rest of the way he decided to go faster then he was doing. It just really pissed me off, and this isnt the first time this has happened, people really have problems with people passing them, they drive slow and then all of a sudden when someone wants to go infront of them they decide to speed up......i was being an ass he was going under the speed limit and i did my passing by the book.

You should know that Northern Blvd sucks. Everyone either goes 30 or 130 on that road.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.