Rear Ended :C - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 02:46 AM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102015
What I Drive: Mk4 Jetta

FF Reputation: 1 Joe Riley Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Unhappy Rear Ended :C

Of course some rice burner. The kid in front of me slammed on his brakes at a yellow light that he really should've just gone through, by the time he completely stopped he was fully past the white line. He skidded. I slammed on my brakes, came to a complete stop. No skidding, nothing. Then BOOM, I was hit and pushed into the F-150s hitch. Messed up my headlight, hood, front bumper, grill, pretty much just body work. From what it looks like under the hood is pretty much in tact but the cops refused to let me drive it. As for my rear end, the damage is nowhere near as bad but I would need a new trunk and bumper.

Got charged with careless driving and following too closely. Fighting both. They claimed I was speeding. I stopped before I was hit and didn't make contact until afterward, I left no skid marks, they have no proof that I was speeding. Following too closely? If that much damage was done to that Civic, it clearly was still going fast enough to throw me forward a few good feet. Plus my best friend's dad is chief of police for this county so he's going to try and pull some strings.

Hoping it's just considered totaled at this point. What do you guys think? Also, wasn't totally sure where to post this.. New here and not too comfortable with the forum layout. Sorry if it's in the wrong section.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 05:45 AM   #2
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 14,201, Level 77
Points: 14,201, Level: 77 Points: 14,201, Level: 77 Points: 14,201, Level: 77
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 68 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
!st are you ok? Welcome to FF. It'll total. You'd then be looking for a svt or st then? What 'bout the guy behind you? same charges? What 'bout the guy that started it all? I guess it doesn't matter as long as you get off.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 08-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78166
What I Drive: 2010 ingot silver 2 dr 5 speed

Points 19,446, Level 88
Points: 19,446, Level: 88 Points: 19,446, Level: 88 Points: 19,446, Level: 88
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 7 badazz2010focus Good Standing Member
what exactly happened?
Old 08-22-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78166
What I Drive: 2010 ingot silver 2 dr 5 speed

Points 19,446, Level 88
Points: 19,446, Level: 88 Points: 19,446, Level: 88 Points: 19,446, Level: 88
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 8%
FF Reputation: 7 badazz2010focus Good Standing Member
jesus man he hit you hard, I just glanced at the pictures i didnt read what you typed LOL
Old 08-22-2012, 08:23 AM   #5
HN Sammich Maker

Fan#: 83452
What I Drive: '05 RED ZX5 SES/'06 Black Jetta GLI

FF Reputation: 12 AvieF Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
ouch...glad your ok though!!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Points 10,971, Level 69
Points: 10,971, Level: 69 Points: 10,971, Level: 69 Points: 10,971, Level: 69
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 8%
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
That sucks about the tickets, if it weren't for the cop writing those, it wouldn't have been such a bad day. (Assuming you have full coverage.)

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 08-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #7
Quarter Tank Racer

Fan#: 68054
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3

Points 3,422, Level 36
Points: 3,422, Level: 36 Points: 3,422, Level: 36 Points: 3,422, Level: 36
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 Malibooya Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Jesus Christ. That's more likely than not a total, though I guess it depends on your insurance plan. Guy in the Civic is a dick.

I want to say the kid in the F150 is a dick too, but was he from out of state? I know I get fooled into stopping for yellows in Jersey sometimes - our yellows are much shorter than yours in NYC. Force of habit.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
!st are you ok? Welcome to FF. It'll total. You'd then be looking for a svt or st then? What 'bout the guy behind you? same charges? What 'bout the guy that started it all? I guess it doesn't matter as long as you get off.
Yeah, I'm good other than a sore neck but that's expected. Thanks, and I'm not sure if I want to get another Focus or get a different car if it IS totaled. Exploring my options. I've always been a fan of GTIs but VW reliability is questionable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badazz2010focus View Post
what exactly happened?
Light went yellow. Dude in front of me slammed on his brakes. He skidded out like two feet past the white line. I hit my brakes and stopped at the white line. As soon as I stopped I got hit and was pushed into the hitch. My door wouldn't open or anything, anything after that is kind of a blur. All I heard was "call 911 call 911".
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
That sucks about the tickets, if it weren't for the cop writing those, it wouldn't have been such a bad day. (Assuming you have full coverage.)
I do have full coverage, and they didn't write tickets on the scene so I'm still unsure of what's going to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibooya View Post
Jesus Christ. That's more likely than not a total, though I guess it depends on your insurance plan. Guy in the Civic is a dick.

I want to say the kid in the F150 is a dick too, but was he from out of state? I know I get fooled into stopping for yellows in Jersey sometimes - our yellows are much shorter than yours in NYC. Force of habit.
All NJ drivers. I wouldn't necessarily call them dicks, just bad drivers. I'm being ticketed for someone else's fault and personally I feel it's wrong for the cop to ticket any of us because he wasn't on scene when it happened.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 75547
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE Sedan

Points 1,767, Level 24
Points: 1,767, Level: 24 Points: 1,767, Level: 24 Points: 1,767, Level: 24
Level Up 67% Completed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 1 NBFocus Good Standing Member
Damn.... That really blows. If you fight that ticket, you should win. Most folks who actually take the time to fight tickets win. And if you get a new car, you should get another Focus, and buy yours back from the insurance company for parts or a project car. At least, that's what I'd do. ;)
Originally Posted by JustHereFTM View Post
hes still single and thirsty because he wasted his pepsi...
Old 08-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
Focus Rookie

I was definitely considering salvaging it and either restoring it or parting it. It all depends on how much I get for it and what they want for it salvaged. If it's even considered totaled, which I think it will be.

I was sandwiched, my door wouldn't open. Both tail lights are wrecked. Headlights are wrecked. Hood is bent in. Trunk is dented pretty good. Bumpers are both bent. Muffler is hanging off. Trunk won't close. Driver-side fender damage. Funny, though, I plastidipped my badges and the plastidip didn't get ruined at ALL. Stuff seriously holds up so well.

If I was to get another foci, I want a hatch this time. And a sun roof which is also why I was considering a GTI. Little bit more speed, too.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.