To all Ti owners: - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 12:11 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82805
What I Drive: 2006 Black ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 06 Focus ST Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
To all Ti owners:

I just built a bunch of cars online and i'm wondering what made you buy the Titanium?

Ti w/ 401a, handling package, and red tuscany interior= $26,630
VW GTI w/ convenience pack and sunroof= $26,715
Mazdaspeed3 base= $24,795
Subaru Impreza WRX base= $26,220

With all these performance machines I can't seem to justify the Titanium.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2011, 12:22 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86671
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Blue Candy

Points 1,434, Level 21
Points: 1,434, Level: 21 Points: 1,434, Level: 21 Points: 1,434, Level: 21
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 SydneyRoo Good Standing Member
GTI, Speed3 and WRX all eat premium gas, and a lot of it. Nor do they have all the goodies of a fully loaded car like the Focus Titanium.

Ti Focus eats regular, not much of it, and is fully loaded, and has all the cool tech toys like a $40k Audi would. And my 18" wheels are pretty awesome. Oh, and it parks itself :3
Old 10-09-2011, 04:46 AM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Dad's "A-plan" pricing. Why not get the top trim level for the price of a well kitted out SE or SEL. 401A charcoal leather handling package sunroof. Before tax, (w/ a-plan), etc, price comes out to 23,308 for moi!
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 10-09-2011, 06:37 AM   #4
BodyKits=PantiesDrop

Fan#: 20372
What I Drive: 04 ZX3 D23E-10SES Sedan-12 Ti Hatch

Points 32,612, Level 100
Points: 32,612, Level: 100 Points: 32,612, Level: 100 Points: 32,612, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 201 warneej Excellent Standing Member warneej Excellent Standing Member warneej Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyRoo View Post
GTI, Speed3 and WRX all eat premium gas, and a lot of it. Nor do they have all the goodies of a fully loaded car like the Focus Titanium.

Ti Focus eats regular, not much of it, and is fully loaded, and has all the cool tech toys like a $40k Audi would. And my 18" wheels are pretty awesome. Oh, and it parks itself :3
This. And I think it looks better than all of those combined. I already have a fast car, this one is quick enough and amazing as a daily driver.

173.4whp
gump
crew #6
Old 10-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #5
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Fuel economy on the GTI isn't awful. Most owners report a range of 24/32 mpg. Edmunds.com long-term road test blogs listed the GTI as being one of the most economical performance cars they've tested, with a score as high as 33.6 mpg.

The Focus ST will probably demolish those figures... but keep in mind that it'll also be more expensive than the GTI. Obviously the Titanium will come out on top as far as current cars go. However the Titanium isn't a performance trim either (the ST is). Until it makes 200 hp it's an apples and oranges comparison.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82805
What I Drive: 2006 Black ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 06 Focus ST Good Standing Member
Quote:

Different preferences I guess. I couldn't care less if my car can park itself because i'm perfectly capable. I'm all about bang for you buck.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
BodyKits=PantiesDrop

Fan#: 20372
What I Drive: 04 ZX3 D23E-10SES Sedan-12 Ti Hatch

Points 32,612, Level 100
Points: 32,612, Level: 100 Points: 32,612, Level: 100 Points: 32,612, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 201 warneej Excellent Standing Member warneej Excellent Standing Member warneej Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
I'm not interested in spending new car money unless it has all the goodies. Honestly as far as bang for your buck goes, new cars are a waste. I just like shiny new things with all the toys.

173.4whp
gump
crew #6
Old 10-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #8
Turböner

Fan#: 70225
What I Drive: 2002 VW GTI

Points 165,271, Level 100
Points: 165,271, Level: 100 Points: 165,271, Level: 100 Points: 165,271, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 33 WiscoGTI Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Well, as you posted, 2 of those models are BASE models. So that pretty much sums up those two.

As for the GTI, it basically comes down to preference. Plus, this site IS full of Focus Fanatics.. so they're going to pick a Focus 90% of the time.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #9
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,933, Level 98
Points: 27,933, Level: 98 Points: 27,933, Level: 98 Points: 27,933, Level: 98
Level Up 59% Completed
Level up: 59% Level up: 59% Level up: 59%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 271 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
We have mmmoose, right?

Yeah, but we're car fanatics first. I think the performance cars listed have their niche. Not everyone is purchasing their car to be the fastest fart can smoker out there. Some of us just want to get back and forth to work in what we consider as style. Still others, like myself recognize that there's no car that can do everything all at once, and still compete with cars that are built for a specific purpose. For example, that WRX is a fast car, but put it in an autocross event against a Caterham, and it will lose horribly. At the same time, I wouldn't want to drive that Caterham down to the store for smokes dodging giant SUVs piloted by soccer moms on cell phone conference calls.

There is the work car, and the fun car, and the drag strip car, the highway cruiser, the boulevard cruiser (with hydraulics for stoplight fun), and now you get it. Of course, not everyone can own all of these, so we make our compromises. Some people are willing to put up with the cost difference between 30 mpg premium fuel GTIs as compared to 35 mpg regular fuel Focis, and some aren't. Then there are the people who got burned by X manufacturer, and will never purchase a car made by them again. Finally there are the people like me who wish they'd never had the idea to buy a new car, and never will again. Used only for me from now on. I played that game for so long that I'm comfortable I know how to do it the right way.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #10
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,111, Level 96
Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:

Posted via FF Mobile Exactly, the titanium has far more goodies in it. And as I always say whether you want them or not they are there and thats what is the reasoning behind its price. Also the new focus' quality is excellent as far as fit and finish and materials go. Mazda is beginning to lag behind, I wont even bother talking about the wrx, and the gti is the only one that matches it. Non of these car will come close to netting you 40mpg. The focus will also be just as much fun to drive around town and in tight twisties. Only when you have more open road where you can give more throttle will the other cars excell.

Besides, this conversation will be pointless once the ST comes out.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.