Kelley Blue Book Compact Comparo - Focus 3rd of 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86793
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Tinted Metallic SEL

FF Reputation: 1 descentgate Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Kelley Blue Book Compact Comparo - Focus 3rd of 4

Not sure if this has been posted, but Kelley Blue Book has released its compact car comparsion.

http://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the-...est/?scid=3099

Not sure if I like the comfort / convenience evaluation of the Focus (4th of 4), it seems like they tried testing the car with 7 footers. My favorite quote from the review:

"The 2012 Ford Focus SEL's problem is one of abandonment."

I'll let you guys read the article to see why this is the case, and I wholeheartedly disagree with the reviewer (and so do many other car magazines). You're taking this from a review that says, "To our surprise and delight, the all-new 2012 Honda Civic EX-L Navi succeeds a lot and fails nowhere." Yet, they rated the Interior of the Civic 4th of 4.

I guess to each their own. Discussion is open.

- 2002 Ford Focus ZTS (CD Silver Metallic)
- 2012 Ford Focus SEL (Blue Candy Tinted Metallic)
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87766
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Titanium, Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Johnwillyson Good Standing Member
Ugh. More bias. Sick and tired of these reviews.

Basically if its an American car, they refuse to be fair. If its Japanese, well then it rates high even if its crap.
ETA Delivery: 8/8, Revised 8/17
Delivered 8/19
Old 08-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,286, Level 35
Points: 3,286, Level: 35 Points: 3,286, Level: 35 Points: 3,286, Level: 35
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
The new Civic and Elantras are both full of hard-touch plastics, shitty handling and underpowered engines... and I should get a free Cruze anyway considering without our tax money it wouldn't be around.

The Focus has a learning curve because it packs more for your buck... the leather is great, the tech is great (with a day or two of patience to learn your way around) and the handling/performance in general tops everything but the Mazda 3, which falls on it's face with MPG ratings compared to the Focus. We get the best of everything without sacrificing anything, and that is not biased in the least considering all of the cars listed were cars I researched and considered.

They better be more fair with trade-in values when I trade this baby in down the road for what I hope to be another Ford, so I get an American-made car built without my tax money!

EDIT: and how any Civic, Si included, is rated 1st in ANY comparison when it comes to handling/performance proves to me right there that the reviewers are less than competent.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 08-24-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

Points 4,365, Level 42
Points: 4,365, Level: 42 Points: 4,365, Level: 42 Points: 4,365, Level: 42
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
funny how the civic wins value category at 24,000 even though it is the most expensive of the cars, and they compare a focus SEL instead of a titanium which would be the more direct comparison.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 41668
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE hatch 5mt

FF Reputation: 2 lscrx Good Standing Member
So, despite being the fastest, the Focus placed 2nd for performance... and, despite being the least expensive, placed 3rd for value?

Posted via FF Mobile
Old 08-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

Points 2,844, Level 32
Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
I love this fanboy forum.

If it is a bad review of the focus its biased. If it is a raving review of the focus it is a fair review lol...

But I thought the review hit the nail right on the head when it said this:

"Nope, the 2012 Ford Focus SEL's problem is one of abandonment. When you enter the car, you are greeted by 10,000 controls leading to as much chaos. Whether the task is connecting a phone or presetting a radio station, it's a labor of love, not logic. That alienation-level is upped by the presence of a touchscreen, which should ease the frustration, but only serves to elevate it."
Old 08-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #7
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89144
What I Drive: 2012 focus titanium

FF Reputation: 2 fordtech122 Good Standing Member
Just looked at the review. Now go to the consumer reviews posted at the bottom of the article. Most of the reviews are five out of five stars. This is from people who put out thier hard earned green to buy the car. I get more out of the consumer reviews than any of the kelly or edmund reviews. I someone buys a car, and they're not happy with it, they will let you know.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:34 PM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,286, Level 35
Points: 3,286, Level: 35 Points: 3,286, Level: 35 Points: 3,286, Level: 35
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
I love this fanboy forum.

If it is a bad review of the focus its biased. If it is a raving review of the focus it is a fair review lol...

But I thought the review hit the nail right on the head when it said this:

"Nope, the 2012 Ford Focus SEL's problem is one of abandonment. When you enter the car, you are greeted by 10,000 controls leading to as much chaos. Whether the task is connecting a phone or presetting a radio station, it's a labor of love, not logic. That alienation-level is upped by the presence of a touchscreen, which should ease the frustration, but only serves to elevate it."
Sorry, MFT aside the Focus is a better performer and a better value, is more composed and has more power than all three of the competitors in that test. It is by far a more upscale car than ESPECIALLY the Civic, which has been downgraded as far as material quality goes, and so this review IS definitely biased toward the imports, especially considering that the American market has made major strides since the bailouts.

You have no room to talk about bias, as your MFT frustrations much like RustySocket have made you negatively biased toward the car as a whole, evident in just about every thread and post you have now. You can discuss MFT issues, that's fine, as they're plaguing your car, but the rest of the car shouldn't be degraded because of one issue that's merely an OPTION and not even standard on the SEL model that they tested.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 08-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

Points 2,844, Level 32
Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Sorry, MFT aside the Focus is a better performer and a better value, is more composed and has more power than all three of the competitors in that test. It is by far a more upscale car than ESPECIALLY the Civic, which has been downgraded as far as material quality goes, and so this review IS definitely biased toward the imports, especially considering that the American market has made major strides since the bailouts.

You have no room to talk about bias, as your MFT frustrations much like RustySocket have made you negatively biased toward the car as a whole, evident in just about every thread and post you have now. You can discuss MFT issues, that's fine, as they're plaguing your car, but the rest of the car shouldn't be degraded because of one issue that's merely an OPTION and not even standard on the SEL model that they tested.
I still love my car, the car itself is is great but MFT ruins the whole thing... All the added stress from the system is not worth the value of the car. Yes while I agree with you MFT is not standard on SEL... but the fact is their model did include MFT and alot of time car companies send reviewers the cars.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87766
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Titanium, Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Johnwillyson Good Standing Member
I dont find the buttons overwhelming at all. And MFT has been nothing but fantastic to me.

Seriously, the buttons are so intuitive I learned it all within my 10 minute test drive. MFT takes a little longer, but seriously how do people think it is confusing?
ETA Delivery: 8/8, Revised 8/17
Delivered 8/19

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.