Est Delivery Date? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 entity Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Est Delivery Date?

It's been a long adventure and it's nearing the end.

I started a thread a while back titled "Tuxedo Black Woes". I ordered a Tuxedo Black Titanium just over a month ago and if you recall, my dealer told me that the color was changed to flat black. I was heart stricken . But then, something amazing happened. I found my window sticker and sure enough, it says Tuxedo Black. My dealer said he won't believe till he sees it. So, last night my ETIS information became available and that too, says Tuxedo Black.

So, on to my question, is it a safe bet to say the car is truly Tuxedo Black? And if so, when should I expect delivery? I'm located about 30 minutes north of Detroit and my dealer still has no information for me.

Thanks guys!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85804
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 lrbr30022 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by entity View Post
It's been a long adventure and it's nearing the end.

I started a thread a while back titled "Tuxedo Black Woes". I ordered a Tuxedo Black Titanium just over a month ago and if you recall, my dealer told me that the color was changed to flat black. I was heart stricken . But then, something amazing happened. I found my window sticker and sure enough, it says Tuxedo Black. My dealer said he won't believe till he sees it. So, last night my ETIS information became available and that too, says Tuxedo Black.

So, on to my question, is it a safe bet to say the car is truly Tuxedo Black? And if so, when should I expect delivery? I'm located about 30 minutes north of Detroit and my dealer still has no information for me.

Thanks guys!
I have no answers for you - but CONGRATS! Sure sounds like you are getting Tuxedo Black!
Old 05-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #3
FF Cleaning Squad

Fan#: 4322
What I Drive: All Focus' sold

FF Reputation: 63 focusin Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Damn ignit dealers, to be honest it could still not be Tux black. They may just have not had another name to put in for the color they put on it, on the other hand I don't know that Ford would sell a flat black car other than the special RS500 that came out.

Either way good luck.
GumpCrew #1 (dismantled)
Old 05-31-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86295
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Titanium12 Good Standing Member
I'm in Texas and I ordered a Sterling Silver Titanium two Friday's ago and I got my VIN number last week......build date is June 13th and should have it in Texas at the end of June or first week in July the dealer says.....I bet you get the Tuxedo just fine.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 entity Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusin View Post
Damn ignit dealers, to be honest it could still not be Tux black. They may just have not had another name to put in for the color they put on it, on the other hand I don't know that Ford would sell a flat black car other than the special RS500 that came out.

Either way good luck.
That crossed my mind but I'm pretty sure they would have just used 'Black' instead of 'Tux Black Metallic' on the window sticker, otherwise it's false advertising. And Ford was proud to introduce paint that paint so I'd be surprised to see them throw its 'brand name' around like that. That at least makes me feel better. For example, Sonic Blue already appears on Ford.ca, so I'm sure they have replacement paints and names ready.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:37 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85252
What I Drive: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi

FF Reputation: 1 mysticbluebmw Good Standing Member
I think this question could best be answered by one the Ford employees over at Blue Oval Forums. Some of those guys really know their stuff regarding assembly. Anyway, hope it really is Tux black.

Laguna Seca Pedals
Old 05-31-2011, 07:40 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85108
What I Drive: 2006 Liquid Grey Wagon ZXW SES

FF Reputation: 1 demaille Good Standing Member
I bet you're getting the tuxedo black. Do let us know.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:15 PM   #8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86320
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kburton66 Good Standing Member
I ordered red candy SEL Hatch on 5/18. No word yet from dealer on build date, delivery date or anything. I hope it comes as quick as Titanium12. Salesman said 8 to 10 weeks.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:09 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85804
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 lrbr30022 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kburton66 View Post
I ordered red candy SEL Hatch on 5/18. No word yet from dealer on build date, delivery date or anything. I hope it comes as quick as Titanium12. Salesman said 8 to 10 weeks.
I ordered mine 4/19, it was built 5/20 and is now headed my way. It is suppose to arrive in Atlanta on 6/4 but then it needs to get from the rail station to my dealer. I am hoping to pick it up 6/6.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #10
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85769
What I Drive: 2012 SEL in Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 1 BottleGnome Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium12 View Post
I'm in Texas and I ordered a Sterling Silver Titanium two Friday's ago and I got my VIN number last week......build date is June 13th and should have it in Texas at the end of June or first week in July the dealer says.....I bet you get the Tuxedo just fine.
Wow, my car was ordered the last week of April and I have yet to receive any information at all, no build date, build week, Vin# or anything. The only thing the dealer told me on May 17th was that I had to switch colors because kona was unavailable

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.