Thoughts on 2006 FORD FOCUS ZX3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 02:10 AM   #1
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86026
Location: Maporte, United States
What I Drive: Ford F150

Posts: 6
FF Reputation: 1 Saturninin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thoughts on 2006 FORD FOCUS ZX3

Hi ya'll

I right now drive a 96 Saturn SW2 auto and am having a few problems with it I was going to get another Saturn but my parents feel that they take too much time to work on.....


So they found a black 2 door

2006 FORD FOCUS ZX3 34,000 miles 5 speed manual transmission, Cd player, black interior.This is a nice car, runs drives, looks great inside and out and rides great it have a 6 months warranty.this car have a rebuilt title more info

FOR: 4900


I know to make sure on the rebuilt on insurance and all that, and to see what happened to it.....

But what other sujestions would you have?

are there anything to look out for in these Focuses?

I'm 6'1", is it possible to sleep in the car come way like my wagon?


Any thoughts would be apreached

Thanks
Nick


Saturninin is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-23-2011, 02:23 AM   #2
Turböner
 
WiscoGTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Fan#: 70225
Location: Watertown, WI
What I Drive: 2002 VW GTI

Posts: 9,397
Points 166,991, Level 100
Points: 166,991, Level: 100 Points: 166,991, Level: 100 Points: 166,991, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 33 WiscoGTI Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Well I'm 6'4'' and I have yet to try sleeping in my hatch, but I'm sure it can be done. The rear seats fold flat so it should be doable.

Just double check the rebuilt and whatnot and as long as it's structurally sound..go for it. I see no reason not to.
WiscoGTI is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2011, 02:51 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast
 
FlightSuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85758
Location: Pacifica, CA
What I Drive: 2003 sangria red ZX5 2.3L PZEV

Posts: 122
Points 1,149, Level 18
Points: 1,149, Level: 18 Points: 1,149, Level: 18 Points: 1,149, Level: 18
Level Up 49% Completed
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 FlightSuit Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've tried sleeping in my ZX5, and it was not a comfortable experience. If being able to sleep in a car is a priority for you, I would suggest looking at a different car.
FlightSuit is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2011, 07:03 AM   #4
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Fan#: 9356
Location: Massachusetts
What I Drive: 03 Focus ZX3

Posts: 672
FF Reputation: 11 PDQEagle Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
A rebuilt title means different things in different states. Try to get it'history. As a car, I've had an 03 ZX3 2.3 for 6 years, now with 110k miles. Only things serviced were new radio, swaybar end links, and usual tires and front brake pads. It's been a dream, and the most fun car I've ever had (and I've had fine cars- corvair, 2 Triumphs, 66 GTO, TBird turbo coupe, 87 Dodge charger shelby, Eclipse turbos, and 5 Z cars in the family, including a turbo)
With the 2.3, goes like hell.
PDQEagle is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2011, 12:28 AM   #5
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86026
Location: Maporte, United States
What I Drive: Ford F150

Posts: 6
FF Reputation: 1 Saturninin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiscoZx3 View Post
Well I'm 6'4'' and I have yet to try sleeping in my hatch, but I'm sure it can be done. The rear seats fold flat so it should be doable.

Just double check the rebuilt and whatnot and as long as it's structurally sound..go for it. I see no reason not to.
I think im going to try :P, sad to see SW go but.... will pick up another once outa the house and collage :P


Quote:
Originally Posted by PDQEagle View Post
A rebuilt title means different things in different states. Try to get it'history. As a car, I've had an 03 ZX3 2.3 for 6 years, now with 110k miles. Only things serviced were new radio, swaybar end links, and usual tires and front brake pads. It's been a dream, and the most fun car I've ever had (and I've had fine cars- corvair, 2 Triumphs, 66 GTO, TBird turbo coupe, 87 Dodge charger shelby, Eclipse turbos, and 5 Z cars in the family, including a turbo)
With the 2.3, goes like hell.

its IN, and yeah trying to get the history of the car and that, FOCUS= not what I want but nice little car if this history checks out
Saturninin is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2011, 12:42 AM   #6
Love CA / Hate CARB
 
YellowJellyBean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fan#: 69030
Location: Santa Clara, CA
What I Drive: MÜSTÄRD

Posts: 2,160
FF Reputation: 13 YellowJellyBean Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I went from an 03 Saturn Ion to my 06 ZX3. I don't know about sleeping room, but I've had people who are 6'4" in my car (I'm only 6'), and they had plenty of room. I can say that in general, the 2.0 Duratec is a great engine and the MTX 75 transmission is leaps and bounds over what I had in my Ion.
__________________
"My yellow, in this case, is not so mellow" -Jimi Hendrix

Focus Fanatics
Extremely helpful people
I made a haiku
YellowJellyBean is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2011, 01:12 AM   #7
Focus Fanatic
 
BowerR64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Fan#: 78699
Location: Kansas city, MO
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3 SE

Posts: 2,420
Points 12,722, Level 73
Points: 12,722, Level: 73 Points: 12,722, Level: 73 Points: 12,722, Level: 73
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 12 BowerR64 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
When i got mine, mine had a rebuilt title also which i was a little concerned about. It only had 40K on it and looked fine but i wanted to make sure the frame wasnt twisted and somthing hidden i couldnt see. The guy let me take it to a body shop and they put it up on a lift and it looked good so i got it.


IMO the 2005-2007 is the best ZX3. It has the newer suspension and the duratec engine. I also like how the second gen zx3 has a more round front end. I wasnt a fan of the turn signals in the grill on the 00-04

I also like the dash better on the second gen, the 00-04 is weird looking IMO.

I think 34K miles for $5k seems like a good price.

Ide have it checked out good first if you can. Rebuilt titles can be hard to resale so you better make sure you want it.

I plan to drive mine into the ground. My last car i had for 20 years i hope this focus gives me some good years like my last one.
__________________
It's not important to win, it's important to make the other guy lose.
BowerR64 is online now  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #8
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86026
Location: Maporte, United States
What I Drive: Ford F150

Posts: 6
FF Reputation: 1 Saturninin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post
When i got mine, mine had a rebuilt title also which i was a little concerned about. It only had 40K on it and looked fine but i wanted to make sure the frame wasnt twisted and somthing hidden i couldnt see. The guy let me take it to a body shop and they put it up on a lift and it looked good so i got it.


IMO the 2005-2007 is the best ZX3. It has the newer suspension and the duratec engine. I also like how the second gen zx3 has a more round front end. I wasnt a fan of the turn signals in the grill on the 00-04

I also like the dash better on the second gen, the 00-04 is weird looking IMO.

I think 34K miles for $5k seems like a good price.

Ide have it checked out good first if you can. Rebuilt titles can be hard to resale so you better make sure you want it.

I plan to drive mine into the ground. My last car i had for 20 years i hope this focus gives me some good years like my last one.
I realy don't want it but I want a good car, and its black so good platform for customization, so yeah FOCUS seams like a pertty good car
Saturninin is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 AM.


Copyright 2002-2015 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Mazda CX-3, Audi S3, Mazda MX-5 Miata and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus, Focus ST and Focus RS related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. If you own other makes have a look at Challenger Hellcat Forum, Charger Hellcat Forum, Cadillac ATS-V Forum, Cadillac ATS Forum, Cadillac CTS-V Forum, Lexus RC-F Forum, Lexus GS-F Forum, Mercedes GLA Forum, Mercedes GLE Forum, Civic Type-R Forum and Volvo XC90 Forum.





Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1