Built Eclipse trade for ZX3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 59433
What I Drive: 11' Mustang GT 5.0,01' Twilight Zx3

Points 7,343, Level 56
Points: 7,343, Level: 56 Points: 7,343, Level: 56 Points: 7,343, Level: 56
Level Up 97% Completed
Level up: 97% Level up: 97% Level up: 97%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 6 FiFoci Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Built Eclipse trade for ZX3

i know a guy that has a built talon tsi FWD. i just wanted to get ppls opinon on what u would do. i love my car dont get me wrong but it would be so much easier to get power from an already built 4g. all i need to do is get a bigger turbo and i have 300+ HP. the only thing is that its FWD so it would spin for ever and the motor only has 1800miles but he has reciepts of the work done to the motor. one second i want to trade him but then when i think about it i love my car too much to get rid of it even tho its still slow.
let me know what u think

'14 Turbo Coyote GHIT:650hp, 615tq
'03 Svt Zx3 soon to be turbo.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
Focusless

Fan#: 56088
What I Drive: Turbo 1996 Montego Blue Miata

FF Reputation: 16 _spyder Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
got any pictures of your car?
what is all done to it?
Old 03-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

Points 28,413, Level 99
Points: 28,413, Level: 99 Points: 28,413, Level: 99 Points: 28,413, Level: 99
Level Up 4% Completed
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
so hed do a straight trade? makes me think it has a few issues hes sick of dealing with...
Old 03-16-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
Focus Addict

Points 7,343, Level 56
Level Up 97% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
i have an 01 zx3 with eaps. FR head, FR stg 3's, FR header, ORP, FS cat back, clutch/flywheel, CAI. and other little parts. i would be taking the head and cams off and giving him intake and exhaust.
he said that he is looking for a good car he can throw cheap gas in and drive he already has a lightning so does need anything fast.
right this sec i want to do the trade but im sure in a few min. i wont want to because for some reason i really love my focus.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:36 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Points 7,343, Level 56
Level Up 97% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
I’m selling my 1995 eagle talon TSI front wheel drive, manual Transmission; Black on the outside, grey cloth on the inside. The chassis has about 119,000 miles on it maybe a little less. The engine is a 4g63t turbo, fully built ready to go for an upgraded turbo, maybe a 16g or a 20g? The engine has about 1800 miles on as of right now. The engine has forged wiseco coated skirt pistons that are .40 over with file fit rings, eagle H beam rods, The crank was turned .10 under, bearings that were installed are clevitte race bearing with larger oil journals in the bearing itself, these were used in the mains and rods, the block as bored 40 over, head was milled 3 thousands, crank was turned 10 thousand under, flywheel was cut to spec. ARP head studs, ARP main studs, cometic multi layer steal head gasket capable of handling 35 psi, new freeze plugs, head was rebuilt with 3 angle valve job and the valve seats where cut, meilling oil pump was installed, new timing idle pulley and tensioner pulley was installed along with a gates timing belt, new water pump, pvc valve, spark plugs, spark plug wires, both coil packs were replaced, new fuel filter, new act 2100 clutch, new slave cylinder, new master cylinder, flywheel was cut when new clutch was install to insure flywheel was in spec, new starter was installed, new alternator was installed, all new acc belts, Balance shaft delete kit was installed so you don’t have to worry about them snapping at high horse power, stock t25 turbo with no shaft play when I built the motor. The transmission works great, no grinding in any of the gears, goes in and out of all the gears good. New front and rear brakes, new right rear hub ass, new Goodyear snow tires, new tie rod ends on both right and left sides, new upper ball joints, new lower ball joints and straight control arms on both side, the control arms that is curved with ball joint wasn’t replaced on either side. New wipers front and back, new shocks on rear hatch, Dual auto meter gauge pod with carbon fiber boost and air/fuel ratio gauges, stock intake with all vacuum lines still there so if you have to get an emissions test but there is no cat that’s why the check engine light is on, I have the cat in MI so I will try to get it down here so it can be sold with the car. I took the cat off for more air flow for the turbo but when I did that, it tripped the engine light. Power windows, power locks, power sunroof, cruise control works great, heat work good, no keyless entry, no abs, rear defrost works, interior is pretty clean but could used a steam clean. I would steam clean it but I’m at school with no means to do it at the monument. Paint is ok on the car with a couple of scratches, what can you except on a car that Is a 95, didn’t really see any dents, there is rust under the rear wheel well, could be fixed with no problem, no rust under the doors, under the hatch, door jams, around the sunroof or fenders. I saw a few paint chips on the hood, I’m not a body man at any means; I know motors and that’s about it. Runs great, I changed the oil after the first 600 miles of brake in period, oil looked great. Car doesn’t leak anything at all or burn anything. Clear MI title, I live in MI but I’m at school in PA. Car is located with me in PA xxxxxx. I have all paper work proving all the work that was done to the car; a lot of parts have life time warranty through AutoZone, starter and alternator. There is no radio in it but the factory plug is still there. I’m a night student so my hours are a little different; I’m in class from 4pm-2am. Feel free to call me xxx-xxx-xxxx with any questions. I would like you to come see the car if you can, I’m trying to list this best I can. Car will need new struts front and rear and a horn. car isn’t lowered or anything. I took very good care of this car, always let it warm up and cool down before turned it off. Headlights, brake lights ect. work as they should. . This car is tons of fun to drive and very reliable and never beat on. I’ve driven it back to MI with no problems at all. I got about 365 miles to a tank. Whoever gets this car will have a blast with it, ready for any upgrades you want to do. Car is sold as is where is. My name is Jon feel free to call or email. thanks xxx-xxx-xxxx IM open to trades for a focus zx3.

that is the listing on craigslist.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #6
Shot me 3 deer!!!

Fan#: 53541
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 2 7.3 L Diesel Excursions!

Points 28,128, Level 98
Points: 28,128, Level: 98 Points: 28,128, Level: 98 Points: 28,128, Level: 98
Level Up 78% Completed
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 42 mlbbaseball Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (69)
Um, heck no, don't sacrafice ur car for that. You've done too much work on her!! it will be so much more rewarding when you build ur own!!!!

Now I rive 2 7.3 L diesel trucks!
Old 03-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #7
Focus "Sleeper"

Fan#: 41715
What I Drive: 2003 Focus ZX3 deep red

FF Reputation: 13 Captain Moonpie Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Bad Idea. The only eagle talons wthat were worth more than their wieght in scrap is the awd ones. Besides, the tsi motor isnt exactly the most reliable thing in the world.

Unless, you trade, sell it, and use that money to get an svt! lol

GET NITROUS PEOPLE!!
Old 03-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #8
Hotswapzzz or Bust

Fan#: 51657
What I Drive: 1984 Rabbit L

Points 5,432, Level 47
Points: 5,432, Level: 47 Points: 5,432, Level: 47 Points: 5,432, Level: 47
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 5 blkfocuszx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Its all in what your looking for, if reliability is your priority then keep the focus, if you like speed and don't mind dishing out the cash when you break something then the clear answers is the talon. The talon is basically the samething as an eclipse swap out the bumpers and throw the gsx wing on it and to the untrained eye no one would be able to tell the difference.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:35 PM   #9
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

Points 19,163, Level 87
Points: 19,163, Level: 87 Points: 19,163, Level: 87 Points: 19,163, Level: 87
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%
FF Reputation: 52 iminhell Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Sounds like a pretty straight forward guy. If you want more power and something turbo doesn't sound like a bad deal.
The bored .40 over kinda scares me, where the cylinder walls tested for thickness, even?, thin spots? why was it bored? why was the crank undercut?
But if the guy gives good answers and he was up to it, I'd do it.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:51 PM   #10
Life Is Good

Fan#: 61101
What I Drive: 2000 Honda Civic EX 5spd

Points 9,247, Level 64
Points: 9,247, Level: 64 Points: 9,247, Level: 64 Points: 9,247, Level: 64
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 4%
FF Reputation: 5 mix1983 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Ford for Mitsubishi screw that.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.