Bad day at dealership ( 01 focus) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 07:01 PM   #1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 57416
What I Drive: 2001 se gold ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 troysavage Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry Bad day at dealership ( 01 focus)

Hey guys, took my car down for the fuel pump replacement, no problem, i thought. This is exactly what happened. I arrived , took the key out of the car, gave it to the service tech, watched him crank up and drive away. The next day , I went in and paind the $ 70.00 for the " backwards" fuel filter. went straight to pep boys , about five minutes away to have the bearings installed. turned the car off. Key would not come out off the ignition. keep in mind I have never ever had an ignition problem. I took it straight back and the first thing i heard was the story about how often the ignition in this model goes out and how bad my key looked. Yeah Yeah i screamed and screamed that it was fine when i brought it. But he told me that they would cut me a new (computerized) key for $65.00 and two for $ 15.00 more.

Cool ! i said. $ 86.00 and two new keys later the tech come out and said " Man that switch is still bad, I can put one in for $250.00 .again I screamed that it was fine when i brought it in. After sreaming to no avail, i said that i will take it home and bring it back next week. when i had the money. good! , he said , we"ll bring it right out. 45 minutes later , here comes the tech, " hey man let me try those new keys cause this thing wont turn. I felt the screwing coming on then. after taking the keys , he came back ten minutes later, " hey man it wont turn , it's locked up Do you want to try it?, so i go back ,Knowing damn well that if the mechanic could'nt turn it then how was I. anyway i get to the car, it's five mechanics taking turns trying to turn , pouding on the key , shaking and bakin, and it still didnt turn , so i had no choice, I knew i was had, "put it on I said", You got me!.
my question is , they they really get me or tdid the ignition just happen to die will at the dealership?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

Points 14,045, Level 76
Points: 14,045, Level: 76 Points: 14,045, Level: 76 Points: 14,045, Level: 76
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
it is possible, the ignition cly is one of the biggest flaws in the focus, and was particurarly bad in the early years.

it kinda happened to me but not at the dealership, one day worked with no problems and the next i was stuck. what you paid sounds about right, i have hard some people paying more others that diy much less, kinda consider yourself lucky that you were somewhere that was able to fix it...
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums
Old 07-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

i was thinng that i was lucky myself that it happened at the dealership.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:57 AM   #4
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,111, Level 96
Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
YOU AGAIN!!!! lol

Your dealership is full of a bunch of morons, why are they getting all the mechanics to bang on the key, when all they have to do is pull up the recalls and tsbs on the car and see....FOCI ARE NOTORIOUS FOR HAVING FAILING IGNITION CYLINDERS. Mine locked up on me at my house, I had it towed, luckly it was still under warrenty and they replaced the ignition cylnder immediatly with the new better one. The bad one, there are pics on the website but i can't find them, but the old bad one is the one with all the bumpy metal and the key hole is offset, the new better one has a flat metal part with the key hole right in the middle. I think thats suppose to cost like 150 or less, not 250. Go to a new dealer sounds like they are a bunch of morons. And from now on when you have problems either post on here or look up recalls and problems the foci have before going to a dealer and letting them do anything.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:35 AM   #5
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

thanks DrKnight
Old 07-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #6
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,111, Level 96
Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by troysavage View Post
thanks DrKnight
I feel bad, your like the little boy who is always getting hurt lol. Anyway I hope everything works out for you and you don't get screwed anymore. But yea, maybe try out another Ford dealer next time.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 47719
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Fiesta SE

FF Reputation: 72 ShamrockSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
I feel bad, your like the little boy who is always getting hurt lol. Anyway I hope everything works out for you and you don't get screwed anymore. But yea, maybe try out another Ford dealer next time.
sounds like a little boy if he is standing there screaming at people. After your temper tantrum, I would suggest trying another dealer.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #8
FoFo Lover.

Fan#: 30202
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3i

Points 7,861, Level 59
Points: 7,861, Level: 59 Points: 7,861, Level: 59 Points: 7,861, Level: 59
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 9 ktwelsch Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (27)
I would have called mike here on the forums and had him send you a lock so you could fo it yourself.....costs like $98 for everything..... (I think)
SEDAN REVOLUTION #42 Baby!
Old 07-11-2008, 06:29 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8319
What I Drive: 03 pitchblack PZEV

FF Reputation: 1 pitchblack_focus Good Standing Member
This does suck when it happens. I never had any trouble with mine, then one day it got stuck. By that evening It was locked in the cylinder and I had to have a locksmith come out and save me.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:38 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24453
What I Drive: 2004 Liquid Grey Roush ZX3

Points 1,666, Level 23
Points: 1,666, Level: 23 Points: 1,666, Level: 23 Points: 1,666, Level: 23
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 4 rameans23 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
hell it happened to me to on my 00 but luckily it was under warranty....i feel your pain man and its a little ridicilous how much it cost to get it fixed

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.