Focus depreciation and resale Q's - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2004, 10:31 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3017
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 w/ Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 IndyLiquidGreyZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus depreciation and resale Q's

As we all know by now, the focus has a pretty high depreciation rate. I was looking to trade up to an SVT. The dealer only offered me $7,500. The kelley blue book on it is $11,650. I got comparisons from Toyota, and GM. Toyota gave me the best trade value $9,500. Im just wondering why Toyota offered me more than Ford.

Anyways, Im looking to selling my catch to upgrade to an SVT, or maybe swing the new F-150 4x4. Could I sell my car myself for $10-11,000? When I bought it a year ago it was $16,500 and it only has 23,*** miles on it, w/ auto air, etc.

Thanks,

brandon

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2004, 10:43 AM   #2
FF #1 Most Wanted

Fan#: 470
What I Drive: 2012 GTI, 2014 Forester XT

FF Reputation: 12 microtonal Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
You might be able to get that much but most people don't have $10K-11K cash and usually finance the car.

There's a local dealer that is selling a ZX5 with 24K miles and some options for $11,500.
This is a no-haggle dealer and you pay the sticker price and they usually are the cheapest in town.

Click here
Old 05-19-2004, 10:47 AM   #3
FF #1 Most Wanted

Fan#: 470
What I Drive: 2012 GTI, 2014 Forester XT

FF Reputation: 12 microtonal Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Did you try doing the Private Party Value at KBB ?

I did a sample search and this is what I got.
================================

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 Hatchback 2D

Engine: 4-Cyl. 2.0 Liter 16V
Trans: 5 Speed Manual
Drive: Front Wheel Drive
Mileage: 24,000

Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Door Locks
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Single Compact Disc
Premium Sound
Dual Front Air Bags
Front Side Air Bags
Rear Spoiler
Premium Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks great, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. It should pass a smog inspection. The engine compartment should be clean, with no fluid leaks. The paint is glossy and the body and interior are free of any wear or visible defects. There is no rust. The tires are the proper size and match and are new or nearly new. A clean title history is assumed. This is an exceptional vehicle.

Private Party Value Search Local Listings for This Car $9,315

Private Party value represents what you might expect to pay for a used car when purchasing from a private party. It may also represent the value you might expect to receive when selling your own used car to another private party.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:28 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Hey, thanks, i went the and put it in w/ auto. It came out to about $9,930. But, have any of you guys seen focus's sold for this by a private party?

brandon
Old 05-19-2004, 12:45 PM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 350
What I Drive: 2005 ST

FF Reputation: 1 vanace Good Standing Member
here is mine.. kind of dissapointing since I still owe $13,600 :(

Engine: 4-Cyl. 2.0 Liter 16V
Trans: 5 Speed Manual
Drive: Front Wheel Drive
Mileage: 19,000

Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Multi Compact Disc
Premium Sound
Dual Front Air Bags
Front Side Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Traction Control
Leather
Moon Roof
Rear Spoiler
Alloy Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks great, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. It should pass a smog inspection. The engine compartment should be clean, with no fluid leaks. The paint is glossy and the body and interior are free of any wear or visible defects. There is no rust. The tires are the proper size and match and are new or nearly new. A clean title history is assumed. This is an exceptional vehicle.

Private Party Value Search Local Listings for This Car $12,080
Private Party value represents what you might expect to pay for a used car when purchasing from a private party. It may also represent the value you might expect to receive when selling your own used car to another private party.
ST crew #18
Old 05-19-2004, 01:01 PM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2599
What I Drive: you crazy!

FF Reputation: 1 smoknzx3 Good Standing Member
Yea the dealer will rip you for trade in cost. But remember they are looking at making a profit. So if they give you 8K they sell it for 10-11K, it's just the way it works.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:22 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Yeah, a few months back they sold a car exactly like mine w/o the tints, and 10k more miles for $13,000. They probably gave them around $8,000. I guess the best bet is to just sell it myself.

brandon
Old 05-19-2004, 01:33 PM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2599
What I Drive: you crazy!

FF Reputation: 1 smoknzx3 Good Standing Member
Yea it's better to try and sell it out right first. But sometimes if you find a good dealer they will work some good numbers for you. If you don't like the hassel of selling it your self then trading it in can be better. Just tell them what you want for the car and if they don't like your number walk out. Alot of times they deal higher numbers to you before looseing a sale

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.