Tan Interior and ABS? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2004, 05:32 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7376
What I Drive: 2001 yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Brodicon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Tan Interior and ABS?

I've decided to kill two birds with one stone and ask two questions in one post. I've finally narrowed my car down to a black 2001 zx3, 5 sp., cd player, 53k miles. The dealer wants $6,900, but im going to try to talk them down to at least $5500. My first question, is the tan interior look any good and if anyone has pics of their tan interiors please send links my way. Second question, how important is it to have the ABS brakes feature on the focus's? Do most of the focus's come standard with ABS and will it really be that big of a deal to have especially when i plan on moving out to Cali in a few months?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2004, 05:38 PM   #2
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I dont know about the tan interior, mine is gray sorry. drive it, and if you like it, go for it.

I do not have ABS, and it is not a big deal to me. Sure, they help out with stopping on occasion, but you can also pump the breaks manually, which does the same basic thing. if you dont get ABS breaks, just leave a bit more stopping room in bad weather, and remember to pump your breaks if you have to stop suddenly. shouldnt make a huge deal.

on the other hand, some insurrance companies give discounts for safty features, such as ABS, so you might want to look into that before you make a decision.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:40 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 418
What I Drive: Pitch black FoKuZ zx3

Points 35,712, Level 100
Points: 35,712, Level: 100 Points: 35,712, Level: 100 Points: 35,712, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 fokuzsport Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i dont think i have ever seen a pitch black zx3 with tan interior.. interesting.. post pics if you can.

(i have seen a zts w/ tan interior.)

also i dont have abs but i told my insurance company that i did. only was like a buck off a month i think.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:44 PM   #4
Capt. Urn

i wish my insurance was that trusting... they ran my vin and said, oh, no ABS...

but a dollar a month isnt that great anyhow...
Old 05-15-2004, 05:45 PM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Points 35,712, Level 100
Points: 35,712, Level: 100 Points: 35,712, Level: 100 Points: 35,712, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
from what i understand abs isnt going to be listed by vin... we had a discussion about this a month ago or so.. let me find it.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:47 PM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Points 35,712, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally posted by soffiler
Nope. I was thinking the same thing but I checked before I posted, and discovered the VIN contains the following information, none of which specifies whether the vehicle is ABS-equipped.

Position 1-3: Manufacturer identifier
4: Restraint system type
5: Manufacturer specification
6: Line, series, body type
7-8: Engine type
9: Check digit
10: Model year
11: Assembly plant
12-17: Production sequence number

Source: http://www.ofoc.ca/garage/vin.html

link -> Abs
Old 05-15-2004, 05:54 PM   #7
Capt. Urn

thanks fokuz... it has been a while. looks like i was mistaken.

if i switch insurance companies i will be sure to say i have abs, McDs sells apple pies 2 for a dollar.... lol
Old 05-15-2004, 07:53 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3601
FF Reputation: 1 007 Good Standing Member
I like the tan interior better than the grey. I ordered a regular ZX5 with the tan interior before I ended up in my SVT.

As far as ABS, I wouldn't drive a car without it. Stopping distances can be reduced dramatically with a car equipped with ABS vs no ABS. I defy you to pump your brakes repeatedly if you need to make a split second decision that could be the difference between a collision and avoidance. With ABS you simply mash the break pedal and hold it, the magic of ABS does the rest. ABS is a proven life saver. It's beyond me that this technology is still optional on any car sold in America. I think by 2009 all cars sold here will need side airbags and head curtain airbags as standard equipment. I don't get why some people complain about paying a little extra for a car that has ABS and side airbags. Only an idiot would put a price tag on their life. Especially because we're talking about $500 or $600 extra added to the price of the car. That is nothing compared to your hospital bills or possible loss of life because you wanted to save an extra $10 off your monthly payment.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:55 PM   #9
Focus Fanatic

Points 35,712, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
because not all people can offord what you can.
Old 05-15-2004, 08:00 PM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 350
What I Drive: 2005 ST

FF Reputation: 1 vanace Good Standing Member
It is chancy to lie to the insurance. They are trying to make no payouts so they get more profit. If you get into a wreck and they find out it doesn't have ABS and you said you did, therer is a risk of them denying the claim. Not worth the little money it saves. And yes, ABS is a very good option to have. You could never stop as fast on ice as an ABS equiped car can. Especially if you have an automatic tranny. I have tan interior. I got used to it. It wouldn't be my first choice, but that is all that came in the cenntenial edition. (actually two tone, tan and parchment)
ST crew #18

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.