Another Happy Canadian Tire Customer.............not - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 28234
What I Drive: 2002 Gun Grey ZTS

FF Reputation: 5 NikiterZTS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Another Happy Canadian Tire Customer.............not

So yestarday i decided to fix my front driver's side wheel/tire cuz it was loosing air too fast and i had to put more air every 3 to 4 days.

I decided to go to this Canadian Tire(in Markham) since its only 2 min drive from me and thinking "come on, its an easy job and they can't screw this one up". For those of you who don't know what this place is....its like a starting point for young and stupid car techs here in Canada......they do everything wrong in there.....everything....and i thought i'd be the lucky one....was i ever wrong

So i get there....this chubby 20 year old kid starts working on my car. Fixes the wheel. After he was done i carefuly inspected the car on the parking lot trying to find some damage anywhere on my ride. Everything was good at the point.

Anyways, I get and started working on my car. Took header and flex off and replaced them with stock parts.

So i was thinking what the hell i might as well do my brakes (bought new rotors and pads at the same CT that day). Started unbolting the nuts on that rim that he worked on......3 came off pretty easy....but one didn't wanna come out. I started going harder and the nut started slipping....at that point i was it im taking it back tomorrow for them to take it off.......those bastards......

Get there today....see the same kid, call him over and tell him "Dude, you over tighten the s out of my nut"....so he comes over with tools and no luck.....

so he then says "Let me drive the car in the shop and deal with it there". Thats where i made a mistake by letting him drive my car at that point.

So 2 mins later i come over (the right side of the car faces me) and i don't know how i saw it right away but BHUVBUBD&^$^%&$R^%RE^!!!!!!!!!

i was like "dude look what you did to my rim!!!"........he comes over and looks.....and says "i didn't do it!"
oh yea? then why is there red paint in that scab and tire then from your car hoist(which is red ofcourse)

so he starts cleaning it with his fingers.....im like leave it!! (freackin idiot!!)
....i don't even know if it can be fixed now

so whatever ,somebody calls the manager over....he then looks and says "yep, i'd say he did it and we r gonna pay for it"
im like good-good

so he walks away to wright some paper.......mean while there's a team of 3 yahoo's trying to take the nut off of my other rim on another side.....by knocking in differnet sokets and damaging everything around that nut......so that rim gets damaged now too but not as bad though

OMG i wanted to kill all of them!
so i go to the office and tell manager to come over again....he then says that that rim is gonna be paid for as well.....wrote the paper where i go to this rim shop and get everything fixed + a pair of new rim locks (manager forgot to sign that paper and i was too depressed to realize that at that time)

these morons finaly get the nut off
and here's what it looks like

all i have to say that they lost me as a customer for good

I have 5 points on this site :-/
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2007, 10:46 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9988
What I Drive: 2001 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 5 scalderon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
sorry to hear that it happened at least they owned up though.....
Old 09-27-2007, 11:22 PM   #3
Slow n lifted

Fan#: 44983
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

Points 9,697, Level 66
Points: 9,697, Level: 66 Points: 9,697, Level: 66 Points: 9,697, Level: 66
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 21 egman2005 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
damn that sucks but that shop can prob afford it bc those kids are cheap to employ
Old 09-27-2007, 11:30 PM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 38939
What I Drive: 2001 Silver ZX3 5spd

FF Reputation: 4 EvilGenius Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wow. I just don't understand how retarded people at those shops can be. I mean I'm not even 20 and I've never taken a formal automotive class of any kind that they supposedly took and got certified for and I still know twice as much as half the people I come across in those places. It's a wonder they get hired.
"Living in the present sucks! We no longer live in the golden days of old, where people had morals and knew the value of a hard day's work... Nor do we live in the future, where there are no morals and everyone has tons of really cool gadgets."
Old 09-28-2007, 09:15 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24404
What I Drive: 2005 ZXR ST

FF Reputation: 1 Bboybean Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
OMG WTF!!!!!11!!1E1!ViN

Thats nuts, at least they are going to make up for their screw up. I had to take my car there for my last brake job beacuse I still hadnt moved my tools to my new house and they were the only ones who could take me in that day (I had a to work the next day and road trip later in the week). My dam rotors now rust up like a mofo (I had them put in new rotors and pads).

They always get me.....
Old 09-28-2007, 09:23 AM   #6
Obama Can't Gymkhana

Fan#: 36697
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 86 BMW E30, 10 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 62 WUGcatsvt Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Oh my Goodness...... Even an Impack wretch couldnt get it off... Holy crap... Thats insain,,, At least they are paying for it....
gumpcrew#10
Gulf Coast Region #12 - Me-45 DSP
My Girl-451 DSPL
Old 09-28-2007, 09:38 AM   #7
Focus Fanatic

....last couple of weeks have been rought for me and this.........im tired of gettin been mad and angree........im ready to go Emo

Old 09-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #8
Obama Can't Gymkhana

Fan#: 36697
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 86 BMW E30, 10 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 62 WUGcatsvt Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
^^^HAHA Just do what I do.... Go buy a pair of nice Running shoes.... Whenever you have a real bad day and are angry... Sprint.... It works very well... workingout works wonders.... Gets all your testoseron out.... And its very heathy.... The Last couple of days I have been pretty fustrated and I was only lifting weights.. This Help alittle but now I am Running as well... It has been working great... And its been getting cooler at night so it feels wonderful!
gumpcrew#10
Gulf Coast Region #12 - Me-45 DSP
My Girl-451 DSPL
Old 09-28-2007, 09:49 AM   #9
( o Y o )

Fan#: 32177
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 9 BigRed03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Dont feel like this hasnt happened to anyone else!!!!!!!!!!

Ive had to replace all 8 front lugs and studs (for some reason only the fronts....) because tire kingdom has over tightened them. I can do it no in about 5 mins...its not hard lol. But I feel you on this. People in those shops are stupid! Ive only had one guy that knew what he was doing and I tipped him for it too.

I think Ford installed weaker front studs....
Old 09-28-2007, 10:43 AM   #10
Focus Fanatic

its not even studs or nuts......its that he damaged my rims :(

my puuuuuurty rims.........

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.