I Hate Aaa!!! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2007, 10:12 PM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
I Hate Aaa!!!

After having to use AAA numerous times, never really had a problem, always been good service for the most part....that is, until yesterday.

Ok so here's how it starts, 2 weeks ago I slid into a curb, bent my control arm. We replaced that, did am alignment. Found on the drive home my tie-rods were also bent that we apparently looked over. No big deal. So yesterday I start off for my moms at noon, usually an hour drive and I was going to drop my car off and driver her van for the weekend so I didn't risk anymore damage to mine. Left at noon, soon after I left my battery light came on..oh crap. Figured, if it was my battery, the alternator would keep me going. If it was the alternator, it shouldn't go out suddenly and I figured I'd be fine to make it up. Half way up, I look down and my gauges go blank, ABS comes on and the car starts bucking and misfiring....Crap. So I pulled over, didn't think much of it, just a set back, I didn't have to be anywhere till 7 and I had over 6 hours to get it all towed and make the drive. So I call AAA at 12:45. I was on hold for a few, weather wasnt great but also far from bad weather to. So I got ahold of them, place my call and they put me on a priority since I was stuck on the side of a major highway and had no power so it was getting cold. After an hour, I was getting alittle antsy cause the tow place was literally at the exit 3 miles back. Waited till it had been an hour and half and called to check up. Apparently they had redirected my original tow and the new was an half hour out...great, oh well plenty of time still. 2 1/2 hours pass. By this time I was freezing, luckily I had an extra super thick sweatshirt and beanie so I was doing alright, but still, my feet were so cold. Called again at 3 hours cause at this point I was pissed. When I got ahold of them again, I got the same crap. Redirected driver to a new call. Also, I made an observation that alot of drivers are complete jerk offs, I had stuff thrown at my car, people honking at me. I was so pissed by now cause they intially told me under an hour. Also forgot to mention when I first broke down I called my friend who I was doing the work at his shop anyways, he offered to send one of his drivers down to tow but since I figured they were still atleast 35-45min away, I would just call AAA....yea...idiot

So here I am 4 hours into sitting on the side of the road, no one stopped, had atleast 10 state patrol officers pass...not a one stopped. Granted I never called for assistance but still kinda figured maybe they would atleast stop to see if I was alright since I'd been there for 4 hours. By this point, the snow was starting to fall. 4 1/2 hours in, I called abosolutely furious now, SAME THING...your driver has been redirected to another call, the new driver is still an hour out from your location. I about lost it on this lady at this point. So I sat there in my car, stewing about how much I just wanted some food and some warmth and to kill the dispatchers at AAA. This whole time I've been sitting or laying in my back area and my back has been really badly sprained lately, was really sore and uncomfortable. Heres what both relieved me and also pissed me off. They called me right after 5 and told me they were sending a driver from my buddies shop down Had I known they were going to send them, I could have been gone and towed less then 40min after breaking down. Instead, I was on the side of the road from approx 12:45 and the top driver finally showed up at 5:50. Thats nearly 5 hours on the side of a major highway, in the cold and with absolutely no power. Well finally, on my way, exhausted from being so pissed off and finally get to my moms. After the tow driver showed up and I let my mom know I was finally again on my way, she had called the other place who was suppsoed to tow me and they said that AAA had re-directed me again to a driver who was 60-90minutes out. ridiculous

My shelter for the majority of the day on saturday:

By the time I got to my moms, it was 6:30. I was supposed to be at my friends in Dayton at 7, which now was alittle over 2 hours away. Set off for a long drive down and thankfully ended up having a good night, stayed out with friends. In the morning, his mom brought one of thier pet monkeys out (currently have 3) Even got to watch him draw on paper and run around like a madman!!

I was also curious if I had any grounds to file a complaint with AAA or anything? I mean, they pretty would have had me sitting on the side of the road for more than 7 hours had they continued to dick me around. Thanks guys

Nick

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2007, 10:23 PM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Umm, I would imagine there must be some recourse. The longest I've ever waited for a tow is I think 1.5 hours. This is beyond absurd, I don't understand how they kept handing you off to other drivers or whatever?

sucks too that you ended up getting a tow from your buddy's shop anyway, that just figures. and wtf, pet monkeys?!
Old 02-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil PZEV View Post
Umm, I would imagine there must be some recourse. The longest I've ever waited for a tow is I think 1.5 hours. This is beyond absurd, I don't understand how they kept handing you off to other drivers or whatever?

sucks too that you ended up getting a tow from your buddy's shop anyway, that just figures. and wtf, pet monkeys?!
Yea, I'm atleast going to ask them to take that tow off my bill. Since you alotted like 5 tows a year, I've already used 2 so far this year and this is beyond dumb. I'm going to ask it be removed and not charged at the very least.

And as far as the monkeys, they are the freakin coolest. One is mean, that one is super shy and just kinda chills. They currently have 3 monkeys, 4 birds, 2 dogs, 4 cats, 6 horse, a couple dozen inbred geese, some goats and other randon animals. His mom is an animal trainer I believe.

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler
Old 02-18-2007, 10:51 PM   #4
Sticker Whore

Fan#: 32439
What I Drive: 2005 black zx3 ses

Points 17,024, Level 83
Points: 17,024, Level: 83 Points: 17,024, Level: 83 Points: 17,024, Level: 83
Level Up 35% Completed
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 44 zx360 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (33)
last winter i called for 3 hours and only got busy signals... 3 hours worth of "sorry please call back soon every one is busy" or something like that...

finally called our local police to get them to help out

instagram @360DSGNS
Old 02-18-2007, 11:06 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10863
What I Drive: 2002 Twilight blue zts

FF Reputation: 1 americanrice Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
oh man i got angry at triple a from just reading your post LOL. I woulda been flaming mad. Yeah I live here in ohio too, and im sorry you had to sit in that car with no power in weather like this :(. BOOO triple a for that mistake.
Sedan Revolution #33

Membername on FJ: "OneFineFocus"
Old 02-18-2007, 11:14 PM   #6
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
It just make you wonder why the hell they are still in business. After all the crap stories you hear about AAA, why wouldn't they shape up?

And, I can't believe that they kept putting your tow off. The road you were stuck on looked thirty times cleaner than the highways here in IL.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:22 PM   #7
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It's funny how AAA always seems to be stationed at some remote mountain or island location. No matter where you're having trouble, whether it's downtown in a city or out in the country roads, it ALWAYS takes them forever to get to your location. It kinda makes you wonder whether there's any point in the US when they can get to you within a reasonable amount of time.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:29 PM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmoose View Post
It's funny how AAA always seems to be stationed at some remote mountain or island location. No matter where you're having trouble, whether it's downtown in a city or out in the country roads, it ALWAYS takes them forever to get to your location. It kinda makes you wonder whether there's any point in the US when they can get to you within a reasonable amount of time.
Well the thing is, like I said. The shop who was allegedly coming to get me, was literally 3-4 freakin miles away.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:22 AM   #9
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,111, Level 96
Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
take those three monkeys, and send them over to AAA's nearest office and let them run a muk.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:56 AM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
take those three monkeys, and send them over to AAA's nearest office and let them run a muk.
Trust me, I wouldn't let the monkey's have all the fun. I would love to whip the dispatcher in the face so bad. I mean seriously try and imagine spending 5 hours in a small focus, not to forgot I have a sprained back so it's terribly uncomfortable and no heat, no music and people honking at you. I would have killed someone that day.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.