not focus but, i'm imprest - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 43849
What I Drive: 2002 light brown focus wagon

FF Reputation: 1 cowboydan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
not focus but, i'm imprest

my wife and i bought a new car for xmas, it is an 06 sebring. now i have driven everything from ford chev and dodge. i like the fusion( canada) 3.0 v6 223hp weight 3485lbs. vs chrysler sebring 2.7v6 200hp weight 3350lbs. we went to the dealers for a test drive. my brother took out the sebring touring and i took out the fusion sel. we met at the airport (yes, with the salels men.) and after 3 trips down airport road we had a winner. by a consistant 1.5 cars the sebring was the winner. i was dissaponted cause the fusion looks better and it had a sunroof. i for one like the changes ofer the years and i don't miss the 80s' style or performance. the muscle car era had some big engines, but no where near the refinements that todays cars have. i the fusion is called something else in the states i also noticed the while the fusion rids well in the city, the sebring is smoother on highway. the sebring 4 spd is more responsive than the fusions 6spd and the ride on chevys g6 is a dog with the 3.5v6 and the 3.9 on the gtp model while is faster... the price made us choke. i always thought dodge to be the bottom of the 3 domestic but it seems they are in better class standing and i'd blame it on the benz thing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2007, 06:52 PM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19017
What I Drive: '04 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 12 StealthGray Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I haven't driven the Fusion (same name in the states), and I haven't driven the Sebring either. As long as you're happy with your choice that's all that matters!
I don't know how they would handle the twisties, that would have been a good check too, straight line performance is only one check, the Focus will lose to a lot of cars in a line and make up for it in the twisties, and the twisties are where the fun is!
Old 02-14-2007, 08:13 PM   #3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 43849
What I Drive: 2002 light brown focus wagon

FF Reputation: 1 cowboydan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
actually the the sebring handles pretty good. but it ain't no rally car. i would put it through is paces more, but it's cold and it's been snowing alot since we picked it up. the tires work really well on all this ice not quite as good as blizzaks or anything, but they are the best allseason i had yet
Old 02-14-2007, 08:27 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 17992
What I Drive: 95 Metro, 03 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 5 pspringe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The 2.7 is a sweet motor.

Kariertes Hemd und Samenstau, ich studier' Maschienenbau.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.