Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My FOCUS RS Conversion!

10K views 59 replies 34 participants last post by  Geturownfocus 
#1 ·
Got my baby back, and she's awsome!

She is now officaly the ONLY black Focus RS, and the only one running on Nitrous in the WORLD!!!

This is beyond unique!

Some of these are old pics, but some are there to give u an idea. I'll clean it up and finish it off a bit 1st b4 posting better pics!

The conversion includes everything from the front end of the RS, the dash clock, suspension and all round complete Brembo brake setup. A 212bhp stock RS engine, but its has quite a few extra's, so wait and see for the update on this thread for complete spec...

Will post more soon when I'm happy!

and the comemorative plaque...

which reads...

With 4501 Focus RS models built, only 2147 were actually sold in the United Kingdom. Most were sold to careful owners and collectors who take pleasure in maintaining the status and originality of this rare edition of the Ford RS line.

The Focus RS was available in one colour only, Ford Racing Blue. But before it went into production, Panther Black and Diamond White versions were used in its development. These cars known as “test mules”, were tested by world renowned racing drivers Francois Delecourt and Colin McRae.

The only Panther Black issued RS was a genuine scratch built development car, completely different to the ST170 and basic Focus structures. It was built with near all the parts the Focus RS consists of today.

Its registration was X926 YOO, which was either sold for a substantial sum to a private collector, or like the fate of the others was destroyed once the developing tests were completed.

My Focus

This is NOT a genuine Focus RS, however all key parts were harvested out of a damaged RS in order to convert a basic Focus into a unique, one of a kind Focus RS.
Out of 4501 made, this is the only road going RS powered Focus in the country, in Panther Black…

See less See more
#5 ·
@ W Phoenix RC

Yup, been on the dyno and had a nice little number out of it...but that you'll have to wait for, along with all the new pics! LOL

@ Focuzx3

Yup, not many made, which made it VEEEEEERY hard to find a donor car to get all the parts off. Its a proper beast!

Watch this thread for more updates!

#16 ·
awesome car. i wish i could find a FOCI RS engine around or even the 2.3 Foci engine to build up internally while i drive my car and then dump the engine in one day. and then turn my car into the proper killer that the foci should be.

#18 ·
All I can tell you is it cost enough! LOL

Nah, at the end of the day, by doing this conversion I have saved myself 12k pounds, which is a lot of money!

Its an awsome ride, just waiting to get a nice sunny day to get some nice photo's! They'll be awsome, trust me!

Oh, and my wheels are BK Racing 604 wheels, in 17", but sadly they are only sold in this country (U.K.) so you'll have to import them...

#25 ·
I am prolly the only one who thinks this, but i think that you are trying waaaaay tooo hard to make your car something it isn't...

I do not understand why you would swap engines, yes the RS is factory turboed, but you can but a kit, or make one that will walk all over teh RS turbo setup.

Yes it will prolly look great, and perform greatly, but i just do not see the point in spending that much money for not the greatest gains...

Congrats on getting the car back, want to see pictures of it completed...

#26 ·
There's always one that doesn't understand anything and has to put a downer on everything! LOL

Check the facts first man! A Focus RS costs between £16-18k, this conversion cost me £5k, that's a saving of over £11k.

Plus I have the benefit of having the ONLY BLACK RS powered Focus in the World, which is also the only RS around that runs on Nitrous too! The car is also known as a "Sleeper" coz it doesn't have the same shell as the RS. Yes, its modified to the tits, but its still the same shell as any other smaller engine'd Focus.

And for not getting the best gains??? dude, what the hell r u smoking! The bolt on turbo's are shit, trust me, worked on enough of them to know the difference. And even after putting one on a 2.0, you will never get the same gains as the RS lump can achieve with a few bits n bobs. Plus the RS lump is stronger!

Look at the plaque I posted on the 1st page, that explains everything.

Oh, and just to answer your question on why u don't understand why I would swap engines....its called modifying a car, this what we do in the U.K. And at the end of the day, I have (IMO) the best car. Its modified by me in my own way, and has the best Focus engine possible...its the best of both worlds!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.