Focus Fanatics Forum banner

sedanmafia's ulta slow build thread ;(

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  TheGlassMaker 
#1 ·
well I used to own a 04 zx3, with minor bolt ons back in 07, I really enjoyed driving it and auto crossing it, but I decided to move on, I went abd bought me a 05 dodge srt4, I did the typical srt4 owner mods, big turbo kit intercooler blah blah...car put down 475 on a mustang dyno but had no traction as I never did and suspension work, I ended up selling the srt and moved to a other platforms, I ended up in the dsm world somehow, and built a gst, after it put down 500whp I decided that fwd was not too good with that much whp, I decided to trade for a awd tsi 91 eagle talon, I built the head on that car, and upgraded to a 57mm t3 precision turbo on e85 and it was super fun, but I was just not too much into racing or had the desire since I work in the oil field and I hardly have time.

so I sold it to my friend, a week later my beautiful wife gave birth to our daughter and I decided to get a nice reliable 4door car that I enjoy and even if I didn't make it fast I at least could make it look good...... with that said I looked around at a few cars but nothing really catched my eye. out of nowhere I remembered my focus I had in 07, so I decided to look for a sedan

and here I am, I did some looking around on craiglist, I found a 00 focus zts fully loaded, it was maroon , tan leather interior,automatic, sunroof,ac,cruise control and only 89xxx miles on it for only 2800, so I decided to look at it, so I went downtown and took a look at the car, right away I noticed that the hood and trunk had small amount of hail damage, and a spot on the hood had no paint, the interior needed a clean bad and maintenece needed to be done, so i ended up getting the car for 1500 :).

here are some pics

here it is after I got it home

here is the interior

here is the car first wash :)

clean interior

wood grain lol

I decided to do minor stuff I could fix without spending money, so i buff/polished the headligths

before and after

then i picked up a injen cold box intake

i also picked up a ebay exhaust for 25 buck on craiglist, but i think im gonna put it to the side and buy a trubendz exhaust or a fswerks.

plans for this car is to lower it and make it a very nice, comfy ride

things to get

svt bumper
mach 1 lip
svt 5 spoke rims
ksport coilovers
tint
indash navigation screen

im not sure what i want to do as far as a header, but i want a nice quiet ride, i might try to buy a stock svt exhaust, i really don't care for a header but my car has 90k on it and i think i need to replace my cat, and im not paying ford dealership 800 dollars for a new cat, so im considering a obx header but i don't know if that will make my stock car raspy

but this is all i have for now, more pics will be added just for giggles

any opinions or anything let me know

See less See more
#7 ·
yeah , getting the car for that price was great lol...and yeah my wife just gave birth to our 1month old baby, so the car is not my priority at this moment, but slowly working on it lol...

I just bought a cfm shorty antenna and a ford accessories street edition front lip. im going for a more subtle look and oem looks...so I might stock to just svt,frpp parts and euro

#11 ·
thanks guys... yeah the baby sure is a blessing.

and the bumper needs paint on the driver side, so today my friend went to the junkyard and saw a sedan same color as mine, with flawless bumper and hood, so ill be picking them up this weekend if all goes well

and if all goes as planned in two weeks ill be ordering my frpp dynamic suspension kit.

ill be doing the oem+ thing but mildy done, I know I cant compete with sedans like blakes,or matts or giovannis...so ill fall inline and do as much as I can, but I know its not gonna be nowhere near those guys sedans

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.