Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Dave's New (used) ST170

16K views 93 replies 53 participants last post by  rallyfanatic 
#1 ·
#14 ·
That is one awesome looking car, very very nice. [thumb]

#15 ·
Looks very nice. Were did you get the rear shock tower bar???

#17 ·
yes that car was on e-bay wasnt it ???
and u r in wisconsin you should meet up here in gb sometime...
sweet ride

Very Observant of you! :) Yes, that is where I found my Baby! The first owner bought her in Germany while he was stationed there, and shipped her back when he came stateside. So she is still mostly Euro-Spec, with a few obvious revisions!

Yes, we should meet up some time. Sounds like Oshkosh is half way between us! If you like airplanes, we could meet at the EAA Museum, scope out Foci, AND scope out planes !! :)

#18 ·
Welcome aboard...very nice setup.

Is that a standard ST170 or a converted Focus? I figured it would have medal racing pedals, a different shift knob, engine showing Duratec ST vs. Zetec, better seats, and guages to the right of your speedometer where you currently have a tray...and didnt the ST not come out until '02? Just wanted to make sure you checked everything before you bought it off ebay.

Either way..I really dig your ride.[:)]

#21 ·
The first owner bought her in Germany while he was stationed there, and shipped her back when he came stateside. So she is still mostly Euro-Spec, with a few obvious revisions!

Euro Items replaced with U.S. D.O.T. items : windshield, headlamp bulbs, cat. converter, and guage pod (so odometer would be in miles, not kilometers!)

:)

#22 ·
rallyfanatic said:
The first owner bought her in Germany while he was stationed there, and shipped her back when he came stateside. So she is still mostly Euro-Spec, with a few obvious revisions!

Euro Items replaced with U.S. D.O.T. items : windshield, headlamp bulbs, cat. converter, and guage pod (so odometer would be in miles, not kilometers!)

:)
So why did you get rid of the header and put a shorty on? You could've gotten an SVT cat.

No ST170 valve cover...

No black coolant reservoir cover...

No oil pressure/temperature guages...

No SVT/ST170 front brakes...

Rear DRUM brakes...

No sunroof...

standard zx3 interior trim...

To be fully DOT compliant, the euro bumpers would have to be swapped...

So who's lying here, the guy you bought it from or you?

[confused]

#23 · (Edited)
essveetee said:
So why did you get rid of the header and put a shorty on? You could've gotten an SVT cat.

No ST170 valve cover...

No black coolant reservoir cover...

No oil pressure/temperature guages...

No SVT/ST170 front brakes...

Rear DRUM brakes...

No sunroof...

standard zx3 interior trim...

To be fully DOT compliant, the euro bumpers would have to be swapped...

So who's lying here, the guy you bought it from or you?

[confused]
Good observation!![thumb]

Edit:
To add more:

No lock for the hood
No partial leather seats or full leather recaros (why downgrade?)

Would have been cool if it was a real ST170.
Still a nice car though...but why lie about it??[???:)]

#25 ·
Altimat said:
I think it was obvious enough in the first post that the car isn't a real ST170. Its just a nicely modded Euro-spec ZX3, but it definitely plays the part nicely going down the road. I like it! :)
And if you look at where it says what he drives:

2001 ST170 [rolleyes]

The ST170 was introduced in 2002 in Europe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.