Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Brichter14's Silver 5 Svt progression

7K views 80 replies 20 participants last post by  Brichter14 
#1 ·
Ok to start this whole thing off I will show you what I came from.

Ok so that's not my only vehicle but it was my daily driver. 1993 geo metro 3 cyl 5 speed. Got amazing mpg but had no ac or airbags.

These are my other vehicles that I use for play.

Anyways a few weeks ago I got mad at my metro because I found some frame rust and it was gonna cost me a few hundred bucks to get fixed. So I decided to post it on Craigslist for about 5 times what I paid for it just to see if there were any bites.

In reality I didn't really need it anymore because my commute is only 10 minutes one way as opposed to an hour before we bought our house. Anyways I ended up finding somebody who wanted to pay me entirely way too much for my 93 metro and I sold it.

But now what to get? I wanted a hatchback and have always liked ford as well as the focus. So I start browsing Craigslist for a zx3. Then I stumble upon some zx5's and immediately think that will be a bit more practical when my wife and I start having kids.

Then I starting seeing this model called the SVT. Owning an F150 I had heard of the lightning as well as the new raptor so I was intrigued. After doing some research I was hooked. I finally found one about three hours away in Chicago. These are the pics the previous owner took.

It is an 03 zx5 svt with 119k miles. It has the cold weather package with heated seats, mirrors, and block heater.

It starts but needs a new starter eventually. There are some random dents and such and the headlights were yellowed and foggy.

First thing I did was remove all the back/front window stickers as well as sand down and polish the headlights.

They are not perfect but they are better. Idk what I'm gonna do long run. Maybe replace them with some eBay halos or just deal with a less than perfectly clear lense.

I also took off the tails and did spray on tint.

That's all for now. Much more to come.

See less See more
#58 ·
the lense swap aint easy. tried to do mine and couldnt get the damned projector out, so i'ma try again sometime soon. i recommend going on the trs ebay, i got 2 morimoto 3five 5000k bulbs for like 30 bucks (talked em down with the best offer, they are cool dudes that actually cut deals).

#59 ·
#60 ·
if you dont want to spend the 95 which actually is worth it since these bulbs last a very long time, and your output would be greatly increased, then yes the morimotos would be a good choice as well. 5000k is whats listed in calebs link but 4300k would be brighter. 5000k is aproaching a pure white and 6000k is white with a hint of blue but the higher up you go the less output. Just dont get some cheap brand no one has heard of for $15.
Its been awhile since i did my lens swap but i dont recall having a hard time getting the projector out, its just four nuts that you remove.

#63 ·
On the fogs I would stick with halogen I've done the hod and for fogs it sucks and all they do is glare. I would recommend Nokya yellow bulbs off of amazon for $20 as for the highs I have a cheap 6000k which for highs who cares about glare lol.

#64 ·
TRS has an ebay store, and they do negotiate. dont buy from their website, talk em down on the ebay store. Here's some pics with my 5000k bulbs that i dont recall if i have posted here

I plan on doing my fogs 3000k here eventually, and high beams 5000k to match. Will post pics with the clear lenses to show difference in the cutoff, too. as soon as I install them.

#75 ·
I took off my wheels today to get them balanced and did some checking around.

Does this need to be replaced?

Also this looks like a problem.

This was driver side. What is that oil?

Sorry I'm not really mechanic savvy. I change oil and little things but get kinda lost when it comes to specific components

#76 ·
it looks like oil, can you see anywhere that it could possibly leak from? have u checked oil levels, also u could of just drove through something that splashed, i recently had something splashed all up around my oil filter and looks like i have a nasty leak but oil level hasnt gone down at all so im assuming it was soemthing i drove through...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.