Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My '13 SE

18K views 104 replies 22 participants last post by  RonMaiden 
#1 · (Edited)
To date, i have done a few things, nothing major. I am more about the look currently, because if i have to daily drive it, it needs to look good. I will post better pics when i get them done. I just got the rims on today. Had them painted gloss black :)

To date -

6k HID 35w Ballast
MS3 RMM
K&N (i removed that constrictive breather tube)
Eibach Sportlines
LED Dome Lights
35% Tint all the way around
17x8 Rims, wrapped in Bridgestone rubber
Gloss Black Keyed lug nuts
De-badged

See less See more
#7 ·
My mechanic and i did some cutting today. I wanted to get a cat back, but before committing, i wanted to have some fun and see what things sound like. We went ahead and chopped off the muffler and left the mid muffler and resonator in place. This is what it looks like now, which i will spray paint black when the weather is better, and what it sounds like. Sounds MUCH better in person, and i actually like it. It has a nice deep tone, i may just keep it like this.

Sorry for the crappy vid. I was leaning it against the curb, and there was water running and i didnt want to get my phone wet lol.

*VIDEO* http://youtu.be/AExhUzDXE6Y *VIDEO*

#8 ·
Another thing that i have done, and i forgot to mention, was swap out all the lights to LED's. Using the SYLVANIA Premium White LED, it works for 168, 194, and 2825. It is 10 dollars each LED, from AutoZone, and it is amazing. I am too lazy to wait for superbrightled.com to deliver. I normally order from them. There are a total of 5, for my car. 2 Dome lights, the driver and passenger accent light, and the one in the trunk. Check it out.

Driver side with interior lights on.

Passenger side without the dome lights on.

#32 ·
Hey ad1das can you take a picture of your trunk with the new lights? Also a shot of the two dome lights if it is okay with you.

Where does these part numbers for the lights as you said "168, 194, and 2825" put into?

Thanks and good looking sedan! [twothumbs]

#11 ·
Fogs are the next project. I have a list of the things that i want to buy, i just need to be sure that i dont need anything else. I plan on doing a ford factory install, so bezels, lights, wires, and the switch. Priced out it comes out to about 350 not including my discount, i am just need to make sure whether or not i need the harness. When its warmer i will do some digging around and look.

As for the hubs, i never had them. I had the 16 inch alloy wheels before.

#18 ·
Amazing, like my old '11 5.0 but better :D ALOT better. The focus is just hanging around. I plan on smoking the tails and all of the side markers when it warms up some.

#23 ·
Im down. I can go to one of my many car shows in my Focus :) I dont mind lol. Everyone already knows i have a '13 Boss, so they shouldnt mind my focus.

#24 ·
Update!

I got plasti dip happy.

The Front - 5 Coats of Plastidip Black
The tails - 5 Coats of Plastidip Smoke
The Ford Emblem - About 6 to 7 Coats of Plastidip Smoke

This one is before and after plastidip smoke

#26 ·
damn dude nice cars! Your focus is looking good too! Good job with the plastidip. I used the Smoke on my rear Ford emblem but it didnt turn out all too well (barely noticeable differecne) cus of humidity - but I ended up putting vinyl decal on top of it anyways (need to make build thread! lol)
The smoked tails look much better than I would have expected! cool wheels too.

Yeah i'm dying to go to a car show because my Shadowfax is starting to look heavily modded :)

#27 ·
Let me know what you all think.

Blacked out front emblem :

Smoked Rear Emblem

Which looks better? I did the front black to match and the back smoked to match my theme there.

#28 ·
I like to rep Ford so if I had to choose from the 2 then the smoke. THe only diff with the smoke is it's no longer chromey but more like that polished aluminum in the interior. I like it because I don't like chrome on the exterior... the only place it works is the headlights. If you do vinyl emblem covers you can customize them. Or maybe try painting, with a brush, the Ford lettering on top the plastidip to save money?

#30 ·
I agree with Ron, I think uniquely colored emblems (maybe grey background, white letters, or gray with black) would look better. But that's just my opinion, car looks good [thumb]

#31 ·
That is why i put pics of both up, and being that its plastidip i can just peel it off in a few days. I am getting peoples opinions, and i will factor in my own and call it a day. Worst case i will peel it and just smoke it like the rear one. I love that look also, clearly.

#33 ·
I will try and take some tonight, and i will get some day shots too. Its kind of hard to take a pic facing the light directly lol.

The bulb type is a what those numbers refer to. The sylvania bulb that i used will service all 3 of those bulb types. The focus is 168 or 194, i forget which.

#34 ·
Thanks bud! appreciate that! I just want to see how bright is it during night and also during the day. [8D]

So, for the following can you put the specific part #.

Dome lights: ? (2x)
Passenger and driver side lights: ? (2x)
Trunk light: ? (1x)

Thanks! [woot]

#37 ·
Will work on the pics tonight for sure. I got lazy yesterday, lol.

Oh, and i peeled off the black from the Ford emblem. I am going to smoke it like the rear one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.