Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Houston AutoX Regional 2 Feb 2013

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  tukaniSVT 
#1 ·
So, we had our Regional 2 AutoX race on Feb 3 2013 here in Houston, TX.

And I was able to take way more photos this round than on any other event time. Because I have decided to volunteer more and help the commitee ... giving me more time to take photos. WOOT! [woot

Well, with out further wait ... here are the photos.

To see more:
Goto Facebook for some: CLICKY HERE FOR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR 2013 SEASON

or

Goto Flickr for all of the photos: CLICKY HERE FOR SET OF 2013 SEASON IN HIGH QUALITY

Ray

See less See more
#4 ·
The letters are actually the cars' class. Based on the modifications that the driver declares and the rules set by the SCCA, you get put into a class with similar cars. FST is F Street Class for instance.

The numbers are usually chosen by the driver. Check out SCCAs website for more info.

#6 ·
The letters are actually the cars' class. Based on the modifications that the driver declares and the rules set by the SCCA, you get put into a class with similar cars. FST is F Street Class for instance.

The numbers are usually chosen by the driver. Check out SCCAs website for more info.

Cool, thats what I was thinking.

^^ Yup ^^

It helps break everyone down.
- 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder, etc.
- Natural aspirated, factory turbo, etc.
- lightly modified, highly modified, added Force induction, etc.
- street tires, race tires ...

And so on.

Helps make the competition fun and evenly competitive. [:)]

Ray

Good to know. Thank both of you.

#5 ·
^^ Yup ^^

It helps break everyone down.
- 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder, etc.
- Natural aspirated, factory turbo, etc.
- lightly modified, highly modified, added Force induction, etc.
- street tires, race tires ...

And so on.

Helps make the competition fun and evenly competitive. [:)]

Ray

#9 ·
Yeah man it was great. The weather was perfect and the course was quick.
Fastest time of day was 44 secs and slowest time was 58 I believe.

My fastest clean run was 52.6. But I did hit 50secs ... but with a cone. stinks.

Next one is at the Police Academy.

Ray

#10 ·
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the photos.

Yeah, the good thing about South TX, good enough weather to run all year long. So, one event each month. It does get scorching hot in the summer though.

Ray

#12 ·
Sweet pics Ray. Once I get on coils again, and get my tune fixed I'll be out there with ya.

#13 ·
Forget all of that ... just come out even on the stock setup.

You need to feel the difference between your stock setup and when you get the coils on.

To give you an idea ... the Mazda2 up there is on stock suspension. Just better tires. And is quite quick.
That's why I love AutoX. It's a drivers game as oppose to how much you spend on your mods.

Ray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.