Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2013 Auto-x picture and video thread

16K views 81 replies 25 participants last post by  papaacer 
#1 · (Edited)
I like to keep this as a running thread throughout the year of pictures from the auto-x community.

I was at an event last sunday in beautiful Vancouver, British Colombia, Canada.

the first few pics are of the sunrise. It was also reasonable cold, below freezing for most of the day.

heres my car being driven by my co-driver.

This was the car I drove for the day.

Painting Curves on the pavement

Ok that's enough image spam. You can see the rest of the set here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djmatsuda/sets/72157632525276288/
and here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/poweredbyaloe/sets/72157632526885247/with/8384353702/

See less See more
#7 ·
Awesome man!!! You guys start really early. I think the first event here in Arkansas isn't until like march or april. Awesome pictures. Ill try and put some up here when I go.

#10 ·
we never stop. this was event 4 of 8 of our Slush Series. It doesnt snow often in Vancouver, so we just carry on. Even if it does snow, we will still hold the event.

mods list for your autox car? looking to get into it myself but not sure where to start, currently have apex springs with kyb agx shocks, will be installing an SVT rear sway and i have an intake and lunchbox delete
my car is fully built for F Street Prepared. It has: SVT intake, 65mm TB, ported 2000 intake manifold, SVT header/ORP, catback, UDP, chip, poly bushings, H&R race springs, koni yellow shocks, lower front strut bar, rear strut bar, rear 25mm sway bar, torsen LSD. and for the summer events I add race seats, and hoosier race tires 275/35R15 on 15x10 wheels.

but, to get started in auto-x just showup, theres a class for every car and every prep level. as it sits, your car would be in STF (street touring front), where it can be quite competitive.

#12 ·
I reccomend a rear bar. a stock car understeers so bad, the bar brings it back to neutral.
the only way i can see the car coming around on the road is if you do something silly like entering an off ramp way to fast and snap lifting off the gas. but that could spin any car.

#13 ·
Here are a few pictures from our first event of the year. This also shows part of the reason why I am looking for a new fender liner..

#15 ·
Okay, our first AutoX for Houston, TX was on January 6 2013. Regional #1

We don't have as good as scenery as what you guys have in Canada ... but I was able to capture some action of cars anyways. Since I am running and didn't have a double driver this date ... no photos of the focus. Oh well. Next time.

Ray

#21 ·
cant wait for things to start up in CT this spring! didnt go at all last year because I parted the focus and just wasnt feeling up to much car related.

this threads making me excited to take the new car out

#23 ·
Here are a couple of videos from this year.
This one is is my last event in my RS3's:

This one is from my first event on Z2's:

#25 ·
I'm happy with them for sure. I didn't go from the same size RS3 to Z2, but turn in and overall responsiveness seemed much better. This event was on a crappy surface as well. I want to see how they react on a really nice surface, and that will be middle of May at Sebring.

#30 ·
Thanks. And yes we have plenty. We average about 90-110 people each event.

But when we first started in Houston, it was closer to 250-300 people per event. Had to split the days in 2.

Changed with the recession. But I am starting to see alot of newbies jump into the sport.

I have seen the people who do it often, move on to Club and track racing. And also our region getting an average of 10-15 new people (Novice/Rookies) each event.

Ray

#31 ·
i have some vids from some recent events. the weather was very wet, so not many pics from the outside.

From our Slush series #6.
I got FTD driving a STI on conti DW.

I did do a fun run in my car, for comparison.

and from Slush series #7, another FTD in the same Subaru. I also designed the course.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.