Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2004 Sonic Blue SVT Slow Build

5K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  dross93ranger 
#1 ·
I bought this car 2 weeks ago as my winter driver/toy. Here it is now after window tint:

I have several mod plans for this car, but nothing major:
CD Player and Sub
Independent Fog Light Mod
Paint both bumpers (they are pretty bad)
CFM Rear motor mount
CFM Shifter
Toms Tune
CAI (Ordered the ebay one, will be changing the filter and adding a bypass valve)
Offroad pipe
Nightshade grille lights
Black bumper lights
Paint calipers (not sure on color yet)

I started my stereo install today, I wanted to hide my amplifier so I modded the factory sub box to make a hidden amplifier. All I had to do was cut 1 1/2" out of the back of the box, out of the brackets and weld it back together and make some 1 1/2" MDF Spacers for the bottom brackets.

Here is my 10W7 that will be going in the car before next weekend:

And the CD Player I just ordered that will arrive next Thursday:

I will keep this thread up to date on my build and you can follow me on Instagram @dross93ranger

See less See more
#3 ·
People woulda loved to get that OEM subbox:(

There are directions floating around here on how to build boxes that fit in those spots. Viperthreat's directions, iirc. Where are you hiding the sub at? It wont look right unless the sub is hidden as well.

#11 ·
I don't know, I'm not a huge fan of the trunk. Having the fake factory sub next to the new giant box looks really awkward. You could have just made a false side panel if you really wanted to hide the amplifier that badly.

#19 ·
I don't think it was meant to come across as negative, merely an opinion that could've actually made you a little extra cash that's all. Future mods seem pretty cool and judging by your sig, you have a few cool rides. Feel free to post them up as well! And, as a suggestion, go with a euro grill instead of nightshades. Will look much cleaner [thumb]

#20 ·
This.

I don't mean to come across as negative, but by the time you finish hiding that amp, the OEM sub box and carpet will be non-existent. You could have sold that, used the cash to build what you are trying to do - and had some cash left over.

Other than that, I am looking forward to see what else you do! IMO, I would do a lil more research before hacking up parts that Ford no longer makes.

#21 ·
Thanks guys, I'll keep the thread updated. It will probably be spring before I cover the box because I have better things to do to the Focus!

If I can find some black carpet from a non-sub SVT for that corner I will go that route and build a nice looking amp rack. I shouldn't have cut up the box or I could have traded!

#23 ·
Here are my other rides as requested:

My 93 Bagged Ford Ranger (My pride and joy going through a complete redo right now which really pushes the focus back):

On it's current wheels:

My 1999 Static dropped S10:

My wife's 1972 Datsun PL521, built by Dedicated Customs - Louisville, KY:

#30 ·
While the car is down because of the clutch that will be changed in about a month I decided to get some minor work done. I painted the calipers and valve cover today, I also put on a 3" stubby antenna off eBay since mine was missing.

Installed picture of the valve cover and antenna will come tomorrow.

#32 ·
I haven't updated this in a long time, since then I have done a few modifications such as black projector headlights (looking to buy ST170 headlights within the month), Massive adjustable sway bar end links, CFM short throw shifer, Steeda shift knob, CFM Lower engine mount, Yakima rack, 17x7 wheels, FRPP 1.5" lowering springs. I also changed up the stereo some, but have not covered up the factory sub spot yet, it doesn't bother me and works as ventilation for the amplifier. Here are some pics:

Mods for this spring/summer in order planned:
ST170 headlights
New struts and shocks
Fix paint on bumpers (rear is pretty haggard from previous owner)
Tom's Tune or another tune if you can recommend a better one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.