Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Finally A Focus on TARMACS!

7K views 45 replies 34 participants last post by  Macky21 
#1 · (Edited)
2012 Focus on TARMACS!

Here are my shots after installing the H&R Coilovers and getting the Tarmac's back from powdercoating. Cheers!

Tarmac's are 18x8.5 +40 with Falken 722 - 235/40/R18

See less See more
#34 ·
I think I would like it more if the wheels were bright silver or a color instead of dark grey.
And by that I mean I don't like it at all. It looks like you're trying too hard or it's unfinished or something. Looks like it is only half of whatever look you are going for.

Edit: By unfinished I mean, you have dark matte finish wheels and bright chrome headlights, chrome fog lights, chrome grille bar, etc... I think maybe the wheels could have been the finishing touch rather than the first thing you did.

Edit Edit: Really the more I look at it the more I really don't like it. Exhaust tip looks stained, no fairing on your roof rack, bright silver roof rack bars don't match anything else on the car.... Idk it seems like you don't have a direction for this car and you're just spending money on nice things.

#38 ·
This makes my 16th car and I've been in every forum from cars, trucks, bikes, etc. So I'm very well trained in the arts of personal opinions.

I actually dislike every focus body ever made except this new year. But I keep clear of the other pages and stick to 2012+ sections.

I wouldn't have posted my pictures if I didn't want everyone's opinion. I welcome all comments with open arms, and an open mind. No disrespect taken no matter the comment.

Cheers!

#40 ·
+1 for the attitude. [thumb]

The wheels are too unique for a generic look such as the rest of the car.

Style is subjective.
It's a Focus. By nature it is generic; it's a mass-produced car. So's your Golf, even though it says GTI on the back.

Wheels are wheels. Be less concerned with what "statement" the wheels make and be more concerned with how they affect the car as a machine. Do these negatively affect how his MK3 handles? I dunno, I haven't driven a MK3, let alone his.

Does it matter? Nope. It's not my money, or yours. More importantly, has he been a dick about it? Nope.

#41 ·
I like the wheels and the way the car is sitting both look great, nice setup for sure. I'm not a fan of the wheel color though, just seems too little or how others have said unfinished... Only thing that matters is how you like them and enjoy them...if you ever stop liking them, a color is easy enough to change.

the op is fine with peoples opinions and critiques, wish more people would be less sensitive to opinions from us internet experts [:)]
the right attitude for sure

#43 ·
[headbang]

Did you change the hub size at all when you ordered them? Which hub size did you pick
Hey Macky, First thing I would check is if the ST is the same as our models.

Our SE's are 63.4 HUB which is what my guy ordered. But their site says 63.3 - According to my wheel guy, "I ordered 63.4 WITH Hub rings." Don't forget to order those!!

So if you do go with these, you def want 18x8.5 +40 with 63.4 hub size and hub rings. Rear's could use a spacer, maybe 5mm to 10mm (max) but not by much.

Good luck!

I should also add that if you want to go lower than me (im at the highest setting btw) I would go a smaller tire. The lowest you can go before stretching the tire is 225's. Anything lower requires stretching of the tire which I don't like nor recommend but you can get low.

#46 ·
Wow! The only cues missing now are the fuel flaps in the rear, the electric kill switch, and a few stickers and tow hooks...

That makes it look so purpose-built! Huzzah!!!

Wish they had a factory spot for a tow hook on these and STs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.