Focus Fanatics Forum banner

disciplerocks's MK3 FF13 build thread

25K views 112 replies 26 participants last post by  suss6052 
#1 · (Edited)
Well some of you have seen the 5.0 build. Here's my MK3 that will also be at FF13. 2012 SE Blue Candy Metallic, Sport package, Winter package, Flex Fuel, and no MFT!

The day we bought it.

All stock.

Only mod was the hatch liner.

Then Bambi's big brother decided to ruin the wife's birthday.

$4795.15 in damages. Luckily I know the body shop I am sending it to. And I gave Steve at Tousley a call. I now have an ST front bumper and Titanium black housing headlights on the way. Total out of pocket cost $320, which is less than the deductible was supposed to be.

From the body shop.

10-6-12

12-10-12

12-13-12

12-14-12

12-18-12

1-2-13

1-9-13
She's already dirty, but the other foglight bezel came in.

See less See more
#5 ·
You can make a few bucks back selling that other headlight and fogs.

If you can, ask them a ball park price to do a front and rear bumper for my '00, both OEM, (euro front, SAP rear) in black paint. Front bumper is raw finish and rear is painted but only needs a scuff, was a new car takeoff for racing team.

#6 ·
My brother did the Roush bumper, mirrors, and SVT side skirts for me for $100 in class.

#8 ·
Haha. I like it. I got every option I could without getting MFT. Too many horror stories.

Have had a run of bad luck with it though. Blew a tire, cracked windshield, then the deer.

#14 ·
Maybe a Titanium engine cover, but thats it for now. At least until I find a halfway decent static drop.
Posted via FF Mobile

#18 ·
New pic from the body shop added. Parts should be here today.
Posted via FF Mobile

#21 ·
No thanks on the Ti wheels. I like the ones it came with.
Posted via FF Mobile

#25 ·
Thats what I meant. Brainfart.

And I don't like them.

Posted via FF Mobile

#26 ·
New pics added :)

Unfortunately, there is a bracket and the main grill that hasn't come in yet so it will be next week at the earliest before it is finshed.

#28 ·
Oh my, even in primer that looks great.

Given any thought to painting the black skirts and rear valence while you're there?

#29 ·
Trying to get in and out with the swap with the least amount out of pocket. Maybe an ST rear down the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.