Focus Fanatics Forum banner

StealthZX3's FF13 Build Thread

11K views 100 replies 16 participants last post by  katiekay 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey people of Fanatics. Some of you may have followed my other "build" thread. For those who haven't, i have a 2001 Black ZX3 with 151k. I am starting over from my current state.

When i bought 'er bone stock:

My current mods are:

Performance:
Borla 2.5" SS Catback
Bat Inc. Short Ram
Focus Central 65mm TB
Steeda STS

Exterior:
Spec-D Tuning Projector Headlights
European upper grille
Tinted tail lights and corner signals
M3 mirrors
6000k DDM Fog HIDs

Interior:
Blue LED conversion
Blue LED dome lights, Blue LED strips in footwells and under seats
Grand Am shift knob

ICE:
Sony XS-GT5727A 5x7's
Alpine SPS-1005 tweeters
Lanzar Vibe VW15D 15" subwoofer (not installed yet)

So I have tons of things to obtain before FF, but i can't say so it'll be a surprise!

Here are the things i can tell you:
Di-Noc CF wrapped radio bezel (thanks to Brian (done!))
2" drop- Sportlines on GR2 Struts
17" black 15 spoke Ford Racing Rally wheels (done! no rubber on them yet)
17" SVT 6 spokes
headliner vinyl
Blue SVT seats
2.5" flex pipe
SVT rear bumper
OBX 4-1 long tube header (maybe SVT header swap, iono yet)
SVT intake[/COLOR]
Color-matched handles
Kona trim, rack, and floormats (Trim acquired!)
Tint-35% front, 20% rear, 5% sun visor

Pretty sure there's more, but that's all i can think of. Anywho, here is my Focus:

Inoino, my engine bay is filthy. And a bit ugly [giggle]

I just got this Headliner today, i will be wrapping it in black (faux) suede and installing a rear dome light from a wagon.

See less See more
#10 ·
Nope..

Of course it is. I don't plan on it til i finish the performance on it, maybe not even til FF is right around the corner, as there's no point. I live in Wisconsin and everything gets dirty where live.

#15 ·
^^ I like it. Shaved hatches on a Focus remind me of a Mazda 3 hatch.

On that one though, I'd shave the key hole too. And, even thought it defeats the purpose of a shaved hatch, I think it would look good with a 5" or so Ford logo dead center. Just my 2¢!

#16 ·
I kinda like the key hole for some reason, so it's not completely bare? Iono that's what i think. I'd like to hear more suggestions. And i'm probably not doing a logo lol, i like it plain! I think it's very unique.

I have an Svt rear bumper set up for reallllyy cheap, but it's in pretty rough shape... I need to do me some research how it can be repaired.

#19 ·
Thanks alot guys!! I really like the look too.

Brian, i did not pick up the hatch yet, i need tires first. But when i get a decent paycheck, i'll go get it, even if it's snowing lol.

A little update, i got those rally wheels. No pics yet, i won't post any til i get them test fitted. But they are pretty cool [8D]

#20 ·
A little update, i got those rally wheels. No pics yet, i won't post any til i get them test fitted. But they are pretty cool [8D]
Awesome [:)] Can't wait to see 'em installed! Are you going to use them for summer tires, and use a different set for winter, or just use the rally's?

#23 · (Edited)
Hmmm. It's hard to tell from the picture of the front bumper but the back one looks the worse with the large crack.

For the rear one, you probably wont get the cracks to sit back together very well anymore, but you may be able to cut the crack wider, put a hard surface behind the crack to hold everything solidly in place, and then fill in the gap with body filler. I've never tried anything like that myself, but it may be worth a shot if the price is really good on both bumpers.

Alternatively, you could cut a larger portion of the bumper surrounding the crack and rebuild that area with fiberglass. The surfaces are fairly flat and simply shaped to I think it would be vary doable given enough time and patience.

#24 ·
For the rear one, you probably wont get the cracks to sit back together very well anymore, but you may be able to cut the crack wider, put a hard surface behind the crack to hold everything solidly in place, and then fill in the gap with body filler. I've never tried anything like that myself, but it may be worth a shot if the price is really good on both bumpers.
This is what i was thinking. My buddy and i have some ideas on how to go about this, and you pretty much said it. Put another surface on the backside of the crack (maybe another piece of bumper?) to try to hold it together. Then i'll be getting a polyurothane body filler to try to mend it back together.

For the front, i hope to use the same filler to close up the cracks. I'm hoping there isn't a chunk missing on the passenger side of the lower grille. That would be hard to replicate and perfect.

#25 ·
It looks like there may be a piece missing but it would be fixable. If your up to it, go for it. Those bumpers would look great on your car when you done repairing them.

BTW How are you finding all these slightly damaged stuff. I'd love to get my hand on some of it if I could find it.

#26 ·
Yep i think i have all the help i need between here and the local guys.

The parts i find are in the Focus yard or another local guy with 2 SVT partouts. The rear bumper is from the silver one in the vehicles for parts, and the front it from the same guy. And the grille was from the Graveyard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.