Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Should I paint my bumper under the grill black?

Yay or nay? (Vote)

3K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  Chick 
#1 · (Edited)
Should I do this? Sorry did this from my phone so it's not as nice as I would have done with photoshop on the computer but you get the idea.

Yes or no?

PAINTED: (will add daylight picture tomorrow)

See less See more
#7 ·
as long as you do it exactly like that, then yes! [rofl]

I had my roush bumper painted that way and I loved it. I also was given the suggestion to continue the black along the inside of the opening, which I haven't seen done and thought would look cool. Another thing nice, is if it got scuffed, it was a lot easier to touch up the black paint.

Oh, what really tied it together was painting the inside of the openings of the fog lights.

#8 ·
Yeah id try it out in vinyl or plastidip it. Even then you could just leave it like that forever.

either way looks good imo. id polish those headlights as suggested above. itll do more for the front end than that black part!

#18 ·
Painted it. Don't care about plastidip. I will be completely sanding my car down and respraying the whole thing so paint doesn't bother me.

I plan on polishing my Machs this week or replacing them with new lenses and if I replace them, I'll paint them black while I have them apart. Also my bumper/fender lights are blown too from this picture lol.

Oh and I have something a little extra going on the SVT later on this week.

#21 ·
I like it, now the million dollar question, are you keeping the comp orange after you sand it?

#29 ·
Looks good lee! gonna look new with a respray! I need to polish mine too.. If you do replace the lenses with ones from a normal focus they're not exactly a perfect fit. they'll work but takes a lot of persuasion i did it on my extra set. I think I know what your 'something extra' is lol gonna look good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.