Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My build thread(euro content lol)

47K views 411 replies 49 participants last post by  katiekay 
#1 ·
Most of you know what my car looked like before I started acquiring euro parts. For those that don't, it was a little on the Fast & Furious side:

I have since sold the wheels and the front bumper to help fund what I got going on now.

Current Performance Modifications
-Injen SRI
-Magnaflow exhaust

Current Suspension Modifications
-KYB-AGX adjustable Dampers
-Megan Racing 2" lowering springs
-Massive Endlinks
-Steeda Strut Tower Brace
-Focus Sport Rear stress bar

Current Interior Modifications
-Pioneer High-def HU
-6x8 Alpines all-around
-Alpine 4-channel amp
-Alpine 500w mono amp
-Rockford Fosgate 8" sub
-Kuda phone mount
-Color-matched vent rings
-SVT HVAC controls
-SVT sub enclosure
-Aluminum HVAC knobs

Current Exterior Modifications
-98 Euro front bumper
-98 Euro lower grille
-Euro facelift upper grille
-Euro clear sidemarkers
-Euro RS collection rear bumper cover
-Euro taillights
-Smoked euro bumper lights
-SVT sideskirts
-SVT spoiler
-SVT doorhandles
-3000k yellow foglights
-Yellow Laminx fog covers
-Ford edge rear wiper
-Spec-D tuning projector headlights with daytime led driving lights
-Color-matched mirror caps
-Debadged
-Custom silver 3rd brake light with black "Loading..." decal
-DiY shorty antenna
-30% tint
-AVS ventshades
-"Superbright LED's" license plate bulbs

Engine Dress-up
-Steeda spark plug cover
-Steeda Billet oil cap
-SVT Degas cover

Parts on order:
Mach HID's, ST170's(I want to try them both out to see which ones I'll keep lol), SVT header conversion, ORP, Starfury's full interior conversion in blue, Reiger front lip, Euro glass fogs, smoked lamin-x for the tails, clear lamin-x for the headlights/fogs.

Parts that I have but not installed yet:
Di-noc CF wrapped radio bezel, real CF guage cluster surround(for these I am waiting till I get my interior conversion to do it all in one shot), SVT mirrors.

Parts that I still need to order:
FSWERKS stealth exhaust, tune(not sure on who to go with yet)Wheels, haven't decided on either Tarmac's or ASA-AR1's, opinions on those please.

Once I get the Reiger lip installed, I am going to re-paint the entire car(same color) it needs it after 10 years.

I love how my car is coming together now! What do you all think?

See less See more
#13 ·
Thanks!

Looks like it's coming along nicely I'd say. Oh and holy Injen intake Batman, you hardly ever see those anymore.
Thanks, I got that injen off of a fellow HN member, really glad I did. I love having the more "rare" kind of parts lol

Coming along nicely Brian.

Maybe in mid spring I can get mine going.
Thanks! I can't wait to see progress on yours!

thank the lord. personally i had a major dislike with your old front bumper
I respect your honest reply, it wasn't really all that photogenic, looked good for me (in person) but, I am glad to see it gone too!

Looks like its comin along nicely.
Thanks!

It's going to look good with the Reiger lip and a different set of headlights on it.
Oh, yeah, can't wait for it to come together. Don't see too many Foci with just a Reiger lip. Now I will have a tough time choosing which headlights to keep lol

A vast improvement, congrats! As much as I love the look of the AR1s, I'd go with the Tarmacs.
Keep up the great work.
Thanks! I might have just changed my mind about the ASA's (see below)

Looking good brian! can't wait to see more progress.
Thanks! I can't wait to see your car done!

I think now I have narrowed it down to Tarmacs or ESM's

Oh and here is a pic of a few things that I will install soon! (I think my mach's are coming tomorrow, so I'll install those too!)

#7 ·
We fat Americans got fat bumpers cuz of US crash laws lol. Remember the lines of the car were designed for the euro market and regulations.

Coming along nicely Brian.

Maybe in mid spring I can get mine going.

#52 ·
... Maybe in mid spring I can get mine going.
I hope you do! And in two weeks I'll have mine Euro'd tha' eff up... The painting is happening now, and then I help the guy mount the new Extreme Dimensions RS clone front fascia, SVT skirts, and a true EDM rear bumper. THEN, powder coating a valve cover, cold-air intake plumbing, oil pan, front and rear strut tower braces, codesvt B-pillar brace, 28mm rear sway bar & brackets...

I'm not jacking the thread; I swear to God! Yours is coming along nicely Pyro; you planning on gracing the field at FocusRising 2012?! I'll park next to ya.

#16 ·
The only smoked lights are the bumper lights that are on the car. I do have another set of frosted euro sidemarkers that I am not going to do anything with.

Can I ask what front bumper that was? I quite liked it...
It is a Pro-DTM, used to be made by a good company, but now I don't know if you would get a quality piece from them if you ordered one.

#21 ·
Sorry, but I will not talk about that bumper, or it's parts/accessories anymore.

That looks pretty sweet so far. What is that on your rear window?

Sent from your mom's house.
Um stickers? I don't know what you are referring to, sorry.

Hell i didn't even notice the fenders. Looks real good. BTW if you want to be different, there are all ready two focus that I know of with ESMs.

Blake has some. There is also a black SVT but I can't remember the user name.
Thanks! You noticed my fenders lol! I remember those wheels, now I can put a name to them! Well there might be three with them, unless I can get a recommendation for wheels, I am looking to spend no more than $2,000 on them.

#20 ·
Hell i didn't even notice the fenders. Looks real good. BTW if you want to be different, there are all ready two focus that I know of with ESMs.

Blake has some. There is also a black SVT but I can't remember the user name.

#27 ·
Ok, thanks. If I get some side markers, I hope to somehow recess them in like you said, but haven't really figured out a good way to do it. At least, not until I can get a set in my hands to stare at for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.