Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My build thread(euro content lol)

47K views 411 replies 49 participants last post by  katiekay 
#1 ·
Most of you know what my car looked like before I started acquiring euro parts. For those that don't, it was a little on the Fast & Furious side:

I have since sold the wheels and the front bumper to help fund what I got going on now.

Current Performance Modifications
-Injen SRI
-Magnaflow exhaust

Current Suspension Modifications
-KYB-AGX adjustable Dampers
-Megan Racing 2" lowering springs
-Massive Endlinks
-Steeda Strut Tower Brace
-Focus Sport Rear stress bar

Current Interior Modifications
-Pioneer High-def HU
-6x8 Alpines all-around
-Alpine 4-channel amp
-Alpine 500w mono amp
-Rockford Fosgate 8" sub
-Kuda phone mount
-Color-matched vent rings
-SVT HVAC controls
-SVT sub enclosure
-Aluminum HVAC knobs

Current Exterior Modifications
-98 Euro front bumper
-98 Euro lower grille
-Euro facelift upper grille
-Euro clear sidemarkers
-Euro RS collection rear bumper cover
-Euro taillights
-Smoked euro bumper lights
-SVT sideskirts
-SVT spoiler
-SVT doorhandles
-3000k yellow foglights
-Yellow Laminx fog covers
-Ford edge rear wiper
-Spec-D tuning projector headlights with daytime led driving lights
-Color-matched mirror caps
-Debadged
-Custom silver 3rd brake light with black "Loading..." decal
-DiY shorty antenna
-30% tint
-AVS ventshades
-"Superbright LED's" license plate bulbs

Engine Dress-up
-Steeda spark plug cover
-Steeda Billet oil cap
-SVT Degas cover

Parts on order:
Mach HID's, ST170's(I want to try them both out to see which ones I'll keep lol), SVT header conversion, ORP, Starfury's full interior conversion in blue, Reiger front lip, Euro glass fogs, smoked lamin-x for the tails, clear lamin-x for the headlights/fogs.

Parts that I have but not installed yet:
Di-noc CF wrapped radio bezel, real CF guage cluster surround(for these I am waiting till I get my interior conversion to do it all in one shot), SVT mirrors.

Parts that I still need to order:
FSWERKS stealth exhaust, tune(not sure on who to go with yet)Wheels, haven't decided on either Tarmac's or ASA-AR1's, opinions on those please.

Once I get the Reiger lip installed, I am going to re-paint the entire car(same color) it needs it after 10 years.

I love how my car is coming together now! What do you all think?

See less See more
#133 ·
that would help. its mainly the red "in yo face" part of it

#144 ·
i had my extinguisher right behind the driver seat.. on the tower facing the rear window.. if that makes sense.. took it off when one of my friends was trying to pull it out.. dont know why.. and ripped the whole plstic trim.

#146 ·
I got a lot of packages today! Most was all the Christmas presents that I got off amazon, but I did get a few parts!

Fuel door and Euro plate:

I went with the plate numbers I already had and I also got the military registration decals for it too. To kinda match my rear militray plate.

I also went with the redline tuning door(FRPP door with instructions to be exact) because I have had trouble with my door for years. The OEM one broke off in 2005 so I replaced it with another one that I had to get color-matched. Well, the color never looked right, so I finally spotted a silver door in the junkyard, so I put that one on, only to find out that the inside clip is gone, so the door would never shut. I have a wad of electric tape in ther now to hold it shut. Well this is a love or hate door, but I love it! And I know that I will never have trouble with it again!

Anyway, I thought this was neat:

Mustang logo on the inside

Also got a new rear plate holder:

Focus central oil cap

Focus sport plug wires:

This is shaping up to be a fun Saturday!!!!

#155 ·
The instructions are very stright-forward. It will be a imple install, I'll post pics when I install it tomorrow. Some people have said that the reason why my door costs about $30 more than the FRPP door is because they give you detailed instructions. Well they do, but also in the manual it says that Redline tuning machined these doors down in the back to get them to sit flush on the focus[dunno] I couldn't tell that any machine work was done to the backside.

How 'bout that steering wheel radio control switch?
I am either gonna have to find the column covers for the radio, or dremel my own, plus I still gotta buy the kit for it and have it sent off to Starfury for a blue conversion. Gonna finish other things before I start with that one.

#164 ·
Here is the door install:

Taped it off and pulled the old door out. You can see where I had to notch it and drill the holes. Also I tied a rag onto the end of the breather tube

I used a lot of tape so I could paint the areas that I notched and drilled.

Paint

Cleaned up

Installed!!!

#173 ·
Looks good. I have it in black. Didn't pay anywhere near half that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.