Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Justin finally gets coilovers for the unicorn

2K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  LouBomb 
#1 ·
Lighting was good today so I bravely wandered out onto the terrible roads around my neighborhood to an empty parking lot 3 blocks away and I scraped only once.

Went from this

To this!

And you can see the lowest part of my car, the FSWerks resonator

Also got one of these and installed today. Trunk is a mess as I am still dialing in the stiffness of the springs so I haven't put the liners back.

Love them love them love them!

-VonKrause-

See less See more
#9 ·
Thanks guys, I am probably going to end up with spacers on the rear. Still getting used to the low driving and if there is someone other than me in the car it scrapes a lot worse, and since I have one of the only 4 doors I usually become the bus. So I need to raise it a little to accommodate that, last thing I need is a hole in the muffler or pull my exhaust out of the head.

#13 ·
Carbon fiber hood is carbon fiber

Functional scoop is functional

[histerical]

That hood isn't everyone's cup of tea, but more people like it then not.

#16 ·
I like it, a lot of other people like it, and if you don't then to each his own I suppose.

#25 ·
Lyon aren't you doing in this thread what people do to your threads? [poke] [giggle]
qft!
Sweet edit to add more info bro.
Feel like a big man now?

#28 ·
Lets settle down now children, this isn't the kiddy pool.

VonKraus my car always ends up being the people hauler too.. I just raised it today to compensate. You have A LOT nicer coils tho so im sure you they ride better

[driving] feels like im riding a gotdayum horse.

#30 ·
Update time, raised it by about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch in the front to help with rubbing and scrapping issues and took it out for a test drive. Didn't scrape on the way out of neighborhood, no rubbing except on large bumps and made it to the feeder. Busted a U-Turn and hopped onto the 610 loop. Had to open her up to get around an idiot that was cruising in the right lane and refusing to let me merge. Then before I knew what was happening I saw my speed........ Wow! It does not feel like I was going that fast! I let off and went down the freeway for a few miles before getting off. LOVE these things, response is amazing now. I did scrape twice when I exited as the area is under construction and there was a section of asphalt that was sticking up about 2 inches. (Mental note: Don't use Ella exit) Anyway from the ground to the fender is about 23 inches on the front and around 22.5 in the rear. So for now I think that is how it will sit unless show time comes around for whatever reason. I'm not sure if I want to go any higher since that is defeating one of the points of coilovers but I don't like rubbing... So here it will sit for now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have dropped the topic of the hood so I don't get angry and inadvertently feed any trolls, if you have anymore issues with anything in here please take it to a MOD or to PM.

Thank you,

-VonKrause-

#34 ·
Only problem with never using the Ella exit is that is where the Carl's JR. is, and they are delicious!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.