Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Incognito27`s 2003 ZX5 Build

10K views 148 replies 17 participants last post by  Incognito27 
#1 ·
SO i have a thread elsewhere on the forum , but i think i will redo and make a nicer one on here for all to see in a more appropriate place . Enjoy , Give feedback , comment or flame if need be. I will keep this post up to date with everything i have received and installed.

Started out with this , Purchased rims and Tires , and Painted front Upper grill.
and shortened the Antenna

Move on to Interior changes , Pained the vent borders white , also did the corner vents and hand grip on doors

Debadged the rear , really makes it look clean , and on white clean is good. Also Nightshaded the Tail lights and front bumper blinkers.

Found a Local store that was able to order me the SVT front lower Grill , And so i modded what i and made this beauty. She Looks sooo Purdy .

Moved on to under the hood at this point , and painted the battery cover , top white , sides clean and left black , clear cloated the whole thing.

Ordered and received some new emblems from TFB designs , So i got them all around.

Painted my CAI to match my color scheme i am useing.

CLEAN ENGINE BAY!!!! Yes i got it detailed , it was in horrible shape.

Received a new front upper grill from Europe , Also new emblem for it.

Recieved a few goodies from our Friends at Massive Performance , Thanks Karl.

Installed new valve cover , and front strut bar , rear bar will get installed when i get a warmer day or spring , whichever comes first.

and lastly for the moment but not least new HVAC knobs.

The Winter i will be collecting a few things , but only work i will be doing or getting done will be mechanical , to bring the health up some more, as i am having a few small issues i need to address.

I will update as i go along and hope people have an interest in my build.

Thanks

Incognito27

Or better known as

Greg

See less See more
#3 ·
I whole heartedly agree. the coolant reservoir is killing me , and manifold , either steel or powdercoated white. But maybe if i find one at the right deal over winter.

I was considereing getting a steel coolant reservoir made and paint top white and sides black like my battery cover , but its still only a thought

#5 ·
I'll be honest, at first I like whaaaa, then I scrolled farther and it got much better lol. Your definitely improving on things, keep it up [thumb]. Oh try to ditch that nasty looking stock exhaust manifold and that will clean up the whole engine bay even more. What wheels are those? I kind of like them, they remind me of Mazda or those old school tq d thrust wheels, but I know they didn't come in a four lug pattern lol

#11 ·
Tails i like this color , i am going to be experimenting with the nightshade straight on white trim piece see if i get a deep maroon type color for the trim above the license plate, but i have to paint a piece of trim to test it before i actually try it on the car.

#14 ·
So some news , currently i have a set of these coming up from another member
Thanks Pyroinsa

I also have a Steeda Aluminium Plug cover coming , pictures as soon as i have it , also from another member here Thanks Turbo turtle

And i found a rather rough looking SVT Front bumper i am going to test fit on my car tomorrow and if all goes to plan i will be repairing and painting it and installing it .

and that came off this

and oddly enough the rear diffuser and front bumper survived.

I will post pics of the fitting , i may even drive with it for a day or two.

I am looking for a SAP rear bumper or SVT rear bumper now and will go from there.

#16 ·
That sucks that it happened to an SVT, but whats even more crappy is the way junkyards put the cars up on wheels(but that one is a 5-door, so no sideskirts) there is a sweet ZX3 in a junkyard near me and they ruined the ford accessories sideskirts by doing that crap:(

#17 ·
Yea i saw a whole bunch of cars where the side skirts were ruined , on the other hand working under and around the cars is so easy with it this way and brakes don't get entirely ruined by sitting in the mud and dirt . so its a hit or miss.

If this one was in any shape , i would have spent my entire pay check stripping it .

#19 ·
So a small update , AS it snowed hits Morning (&#^$&&#&R#&^&@) but didn't stop me from doing a little work , took the SVT bumper off , then my old on back on , then started to repair the damage on the SVT one.

So as of 5 pm i have all the repairs done. Tomorrow sand down he excess plastic , and then rough it all up and prime. And Wetsand , and prime ad wetsand and see where i go there.

I am hoping to have it all primed by tomorrow evening.

I also start making a wire harness for my new headlights and SVT fogs. as my car doesn't use the same connections , i had to make my own harness.

Will post pictures tomorrow of the repair ad hopefully a primed bumper.

#20 ·
So another update , bumper is repaired fully , and the following are pics of my repair.

This was the worst repair on the thing , as it was a pressure joint , so it deserved a little more attention. so in the back looks ugly, but the front looks good.

this was a simple matter of reinforcing the crack which is not a supporting crack , but it is repaired and reinforced.

Some more of the reinforcement and repair

some more reinforcement

the front facing side of the first image , the major repair crack.

This is after today , 1st coat of white finally went on , after a few bouts of primer and wet sand to smooth it.

Tomorrow a little wet sand for a little over spray , then another coat of white . and wetsand , then clear coat.

keep in mind i am also doing this when it is far too cold to be doing this. i am baking the bumper useing a heat gun ...... not the best way to do this. but since i am in a competition with father time , and mother nature .

i want this on for the winter.

So thats where i am at. when i have the clear coat on and the lip and grill oni will take a few more pictures to show.

#21 ·
Oh man SVT parts look so good in white. Makes you wonder why ford didn't make a SVT focus in white beside the "body in white" non streetable cars. Body in white cars are basically stock race cars that can't be insured for the street.

#26 · (Edited)
Itty bitty update

First coat of clear is on , now gotta leave it for a few days to properly cure

This is after a small round of wetsand to smooth it out , then another and final coat of white , and then also a little wetsand to smooth it out.

I gotta do another coat i think. we shall see when it dries

#28 ·
Wow you're making good progress man. That bumper is gonna look wicked. And that poor SVT, what a strange outcome! And Brian, I never noticed the 5door SVT's didn't come with skirts.. Wierd because the skirts fit both 3 and 5 door.

#29 ·
The sideskitrs flare out a bit towards the rear, making them more prone to damage on a 5-door. Ford prolly didn't use them on the SVT ZX5's because they could have gotten recalled for whatever stupid reason people come up with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#30 ·
So finally today i put the grill and lip and other little bits and bobs back on.

It will remain indoors for the remainder of the weekend and early next week when i will be putting it back on the car. hopefully new headlights will arrive by then , so i can remake my wire harness on the car for the new headlights.

Its going to stay indoors at room temperature for the rest of the weekend and add a little more cureing time. just to make sure. Cold does weird stuff to paint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.