Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Operation: Winter mode

13K views 84 replies 39 participants last post by  svt1391 
#1 ·
Since a vast majority of us have to deal with the wonderfoul white stuff, lets see your setups for winter!

I just painted my stock wheels today in preparation for tires this week. Started out as just wanting to do one solid color then I found another color that looks absolutely gross together. So here we go..ugly wheels for my ugly car! lol

Started with stock 15's that needed some help

After sandblasting and primer

Then a little flat olive drab action occurred

And on to..drumroll please..periwinkle. Yup. Periwinkle

And there you have it. The ugliest color combo ever. Its a love it or hate it kinda thing and I love it. I'll be mounting on some hankook ipikes next week. Other than that there's not really much else for winter prep other than a little touch up on some undercoating and tracking down a misfire. Let see what y'all are doing!

See less See more
#2 ·
I kind of like the green color from the pictures. Don't know what it looks like in person, though.

Here's my winter mode from last year. The only thing that will change this year will be an unpainted front lip replacing the blue one for the season. Plus there have been some other changes to the car regardless of the seasons.

#3 ·
Since a vast majority of us have to deal with the wonderfoul white stuff, lets see your setups for winter!

And there you have it. The ugliest color combo ever. Its a love it or hate it kinda thing and I love it.
That is an effin ugly color combo, I love it!!!

For me, I took off my Konig Hotswaps and Pro-Dtm bumper and put the OEM stuff back on with Falken snow tires. It's kinda funny because I have now sold everything that I have taken off. So after winter, I will be taking my car in a different direction.

#6 ·
Which direction would that be?

And last year really made me mad. I sold my csvt because it was super low and I wasn't gonna drive my fsvt and picked up my sedan. If I would've known it wasn't gonna snow hardly at all last year I would've kept the contour [rant]

#8 ·
Nice. I'm tryin to get a euro rear bumper now. Already have the euro lights but they've been sitting in the basement for a year lol

#13 ·
still working on setting up winter mode. right now im sanding down my stock 16's, getting out all the blemishes, and then having my paint connect paint them for me. either going plain old white or a winter camo pattern if they can do it. they will then be wrapped in some sort of snow tires. then i might swap in my stock chrome housing headlights.

#14 · (Edited)
almost bought winter tires for the Mustang but decided on a winter beater instead. Will be picking this up on friday:

1995 neon coupe, manliest color (light iris), pretty damn clean with 83k on it and no rust. Needs a couple of things before winter but was cheap so Im happy lol

#18 ·

Finally put the winter setup on. Went with hankook icept tires..read some pretty good reviews and at $340, couldn't complain. Just gotta finish up the mud flappy doos and she should be ready to go!

#25 ·
I just roamed the camo fabric at Jo-Ann fabric. It's one of the mossy oak ones. I've still gotta do my headliner. That's not gonna be camo though [shhh]

#30 ·
No problem..that's what a forum is for lol on the inserts I just pulled the fabric tight on hot glued it in place behind. You could also do a spray adhesive. That's what I'll be using on the headliner

#34 ·
This! Hubcaps are a no no in almost every situation. Winter mode is the time to let the creative juices flow and make steelies look awesome.

#33 ·
Winter mode prepared! Got this bad body unboxed and running over the weekend. It's got an electric starter! Luxury! And it was my college graduation present from my dad! Great guy huh?

Winter tires will be installed when I deem them necessary [:)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.