Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Oktoberfest!

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  warneej 
#1 ·
Well, what a weekend to drive down to SoCal. With gas at $4.60+/gallon for 87 it wasn't going to be a cheap endeavor, but overall I say it was well worth it.

Cody (DEMENTED STVF) & Richard (FocusSTGuy) were kind enough to either get sick or pull an all nighter to join me up in Big Bear, CA for the Oktoberfest car show.

Unfortunately, the show was a bit of a bust for the Ford guys as they posted signs that the lot was full all the while they let others of a certain car brand park their cars. We registered, we paid, we were a little frustrated but all in all we decided to make the best of it. Cleaned up the cars after finding our own lot, hung out for a bit and got some burgers for an early lunch. After drinking beer from straws and walking the show for a 2nd time we decided to take the opportunity to drive around the lake and take some more shots together.

Here are the results.

A few from the show:

And now some from the 3 Amigos [rofl]

And a few from around the lake:

It really was a perfect day:

[thumb]

See less See more
#4 ·
Its a VW show, we arrived pretty early but apparently not early enough.

Oh well, the three of us enjoyed hanging out and driving slow.

We got a few thumbs up driving by and I don't think anyone specific didn't like the cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.