Focus Fanatics Forum banner

my pitch black 02 svt

29K views 269 replies 22 participants last post by  pitchblack02svt 
#1 · (Edited)
This is my 02 svt focus. Got it with about 165k ran great but looked a little rough on the outside. Altho the interior was is in great shape.

Here is the car when I bought it last year

So far since I have had the car have replaced a lot of stuff. Dropped in a k&n filter, replaced both front swaybar end link's, new clutch, master and slave cylinder and clutch lines have been replaced. Put on new tires and had to replace the imrc, etc

See less See more
#29 ·
It wasent too bad doing the valve cover, takes about 10 minutes to pop it off. I re-used the rubber gasket that was on it. Degreased it, sanded it down. Then laid down a coat of hi heat aluminum engine paint for a base then sprayed on the metalcast blue. Let it dry(drys pretty quick) put the gasked and fasteners back on and slapped it back together.

On the wheels I used a rustoleum textured black you can get off the shelf from the paint department at wal-mart. Used it on a gun stock that i refinished, and it came out great so i decided to use it on the wheels. Its holding up great so far, no scratches chips or pealing yet!

#36 ·
ED did copy it, but ED chose to use a real one as their example. Lots of stuff from ED doesn't ship the way it looks in the pic. Another example, the 05-07 Pro-DTM is on ED's website without sidemarkers, but when you get it you will have the sidemarker holes.

#48 ·
awesome! bolt ons are nice. plan on dropping it any more? i guess you svt folk don't have to worry about that a whole lot because it sits pretty low from factory compared to us non-svt folk.
and i think we all want to be sc'd or turbo'd haha

#49 ·
Haha yeah thats for sure man. It will probably never happen but we can dream right? I think I may just leave it stock height, and just upgrade stuff like the swaybars and all. Or if anything put on the eibach pro kit springs to drop it another .50" or so. I'm happy with how it stands right now though

#55 ·
So Im planning on trying to order up a bumper in the next week or two. What are your guys suggestions? Because I'm not sure on which one to choose! I'm really liking the ed e-spec/rs style ones. And the ed f2 style just looks bad ass, but after what you guys have said I'm kinda having second thought about that one. And I love the look of the factory svt bumper but its just so damn expensive

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.