Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Zolemite's 2012 Focus S 5M/T

19K views 108 replies 29 participants last post by  zolemite 
#1 ·
Hey all, Just wanted to start a thread on my car. Hopefully I can keep this without some BS happening. I'm going to do some simple yet tasteful mods. So far I've changed out all the exterior lights to Vled'sn w/ resistors, DDM Tuning 55w 6k highs & lows, Blox neo chrome shift knob, 18x8 +40 Niche NR6 w/ Kumho 235/45/18 tires, Rays lug nuts, drop in cup holder inserts. I bought G2 black caliper paint for my rear drums (painting tonight). Still undecided about front caliper color.

I just clay barred the car then used my porter cable DA and a black pad and polished the car. Then put Collinite synthetic wax. then 2 coats of Pinnacle Liquid Sovereign pure carnuba.

Here are some pics :) This might be a slow build, but I'll update with pics when I make any changes.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry my interior is dirty.
Future mods are:
Paint front calipers
Paint headlights black or silver
FSwerks stealth exhaust
Eibach sportline springs
Steeda rear sway bar
20% tint on rear and 35% on all sides
Intake
Gloss black roof
Paint door handles (maybe)
Plasti-dip whiskers

#11 ·
I just wanted the best, so I bought the rays lugs. If I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't buy these. They're pretty much just regular chrome lugs that say Rays and cost $100 :(

When I do my roof I'm going to have it painted. I did vinyl on my last car and didn't like all the swirls I couldn't buff.
I'm either going to do a drop or exhaust for my next mod.

I would be much further along, but I've had 2 Nissan's the last two years that I spent the farm on. First one flooded in a storm and it just won Nissan Of The Month on Nissanclub. The second one I had to trade for this Focus due to gas mileage.

#12 ·
Drums before:

Drums after painting with G2:

I probably had enough paint to do the front calipers as well, so anyone else with drums could probably just buy one kit. I'm doing a different color on the front calipers. I wanted the drums to disappear. I did think maybe silver, but not with the black wheels.

#17 ·
I've already had 2 sets of any other lug. I wanted the best this time. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Also the glare isn't any worse on my car than say the new Escalade's new lights. It's not that bad really. I've never gotten flashed. Go take a picture on a iPhone of your halogens of the same angle and it'll produce the same glare in the picture.

#20 ·
Oh ok since you guys told me to get projectors, I will. Get out of my thread if your going to tell me about hid's in non-hid housing. I've been on forums for years now and I've heard it all. You guys don't live anywhere near me so you don't have to worry.

#21 ·
Well, point being that we all live near people who do exactly the same thing you're doing...so we're trying to stop someone new. Sure, it doesn't affect us, but everyone around you would be grateful.

#25 ·
Who said it was a Neon? [scratch] Who said it was shitty?[scratch] So you're saying, by that logic, all cars that have HIDs in non-projector housings are shitty.

Wait...you just called your own car shitty. [confused]

But fundamentally no, you're not any different from someone in a shitty Neon, so long as they're blinding everyone too.

#27 ·
Car looks great. I like those wheels on it.

But as with lyonsroar and Malibooya, I'm against the use of HID's in stock housings. Not only does it blind people, you don't even get the full effect of the HID's because instead of a clean projector cutoff, the light just gets thrown all about and wherever. So really it's a waste of money, imo.

But talking about it is already beating a dead horse and we're only on page 3.

#28 ·
i used to run HIDs in reflective housings and not once did any one ever flash their highbeams at me, and i could see just fine. but i spent a lot on legit ones, that had low and high beam. so maybe that makes some sort of difference, but i doubt it. i ran regular halogen bulbs in my old projectors, angled correctly, and people flashed me like it was their job. i am now back to halogens in reflective housings, people don't flash me, but i can't see shit if it's raining and night time. im not taking sides, just stating my experience.

#31 ·
I didn't get flashed the whole time I had my plug and play HIDs in my Volvo. Not even once even though the light was everywhere. I had the $50 plug and play kind too. Just has to do with the tolerance your local community has I guess.

I grew out of my ricer phase though. Projectors and HID bulbs or reflectors and halogen bulbs. That's it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.