Focus Fanatics Forum banner

First ST showed up at my dealership!!!

4K views 48 replies 22 participants last post by  DexterZX2 
#1 · (Edited)
I was servicing a Wrangler when two of my coworkers came up to me, all excited, saying the first ST was on the lot, it's silver, and gorgeous. One of them went with me to scout that mountain (Mountain Run, Anyone?!) last weekend and wants this thing to go back with.

We walked up the hill to prep to snap some pics of it, and to my surprise both of 'em really like the new model! One is looking into D-Plan (his Mom works in finance) and the other, a Dodge fan, is considering selling his two vehicles to get into this thing! I still hadn't warmed up to the look of it when I attended the Performance Academy, but my mind changed after the first corner when I realized you don't have to look at the front from the driver's seat... these guys, who are not necessarily Ford fans, love this look and the specs they've seen.

Kinda excited to have some coworkers to roll with!

I believe it's an ST2; I admit I didn't get a whole lotta time to check though...

See less See more
#16 ·
AHH! So it's not just me! I've just been referring to it as the 'fish-mouthed' focus. Again though; you don't need to look at it to enjoy it from the driver's position! The aftermarket will (hopefully) come up with something to improve the look, I'd assume...

#20 ·
Dealership i work at finally got 2 a yellow one and black one

#21 ·
i believe i am speaking for all for the focus fanatics members,

[mad] WE DEMAND BETTER PICS OF THE BLACK ST AND PICS OF THE YELLOW!! [boxface]

#23 ·
Posted via FF Mobile
Hate the yellow looks funny. The balck with blacked out everything would be a mean car.

#34 ·
First off..sorry about the crap-tastic picture. My phone hates bright sunlight.

I guess I should start off by saying that my review of the experience shouldn't discourage anyone from exploring this car for herself / himself. Having said that....I wasn't 'wowed' like I thought I'd be. It's a very nice car, but it wasn't the punch-in-the-gut performance I was expecting. On the drive home, I think I figured out why.

In regards to driving a turbocharged car, I'm still accustomed to the more brutal way my Mazdaspeed 6 delivered power. At the slightest provocation, it produced a whiplash-inducing surge of acceleration, and thanks to AWD, no torque-steer came with it. The smile that car put on my face on a daily basis was absent on today's test drive. The ST felt like it had more to give, but had been "tamed". Perhaps it needs some break in miles. But between a lack of 'wow' and those super-tight Recaros squeezing the breath out of me, (seriously...if you have a 32" waist or bigger, you're gonna feel like you sat down in a vise). I could probably also live without the intake noise being piped into the cockpit. There needs to be a way to adjust the volume on that little gizmo.

I'd have to say that overall, I'll be in no hurry to trade my Titanium for one. The car does have one of the best manual transmissions I've used since my '86 & '91 Civic Si's. Very 'click n snick"....just the way I like 'em.

I told them to give me a call when they get in a Performance Blue or Oxford White without Recaros. Leather isn't a must for me, it just seems to be coming standard with all the other toys these days. There's just no way I could live with those seats on a daily basis without a way to adjust the lateral supports outward. Yes...I'm getting fat and old, I guess. But I'll never be so old that I don't enjoy a hot car.

I will say that I would LOVE to have the ST spoiler on my car. That extra up-kick it gives the hatch looks great.

I'll probably re-visit the ST at a later date. It was just good to resolve my initial curiosity. When they have one more to my liking (color & seats), I'll take a more serious look.

#48 ·
I wasn't 'wowed' like I thought I'd be. It's a very nice car, but it wasn't the punch-in-the-gut performance I was expecting... I'm still accustomed to the more brutal way my Mazdaspeed 6 delivered power. At the slightest provocation, it produced a whiplash-inducing surge of acceleration...
The reason is new cars don't unleash everything until you get 50 or so miles on them. A self-imposed break in if-you-will. The other part of that is the adaptive learning the new models have: with the first few miles on the one you drove being babied, carefully driven, 'cause-the-salesperson-may-be-watching miles; you're not gonna get the aforementioned response or speed.

The ones at the performance academy were all driven hard... and they whipped ass! If you take one home and flog the piss out of it for a week or so, the computer will get what you're trying to do and politely oblige!

#35 ·
Here is the first ST in Colorado Springs

It has the ST2 package with the Recaro seats, MFT with 10 speaker audio and sub.

Dealer won't let it off the showroom floor. It has 5 miles on it and he plans to sell it that way. They also have it marked up almost $6,000 over MSRP. They want $34k and it's MSRP is $28k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.