Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Pictures. 2.0L Black SAP.

5K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  420svt 
#1 ·
Here are some pictures.

And stock.

See less See more
#5 ·
Haha, the dead bird picture is my background too. I didn't even notice it when I got on the ground, that is untell I smelled it. Then I decided to make the best of it and include it.
Live on little sparrow.

Future plans arn't extensive yet.
Got some wheels, now I need new wheels. (See thread: On the way back.)
So now the first plans for the car are as follows:
Wheels.
Drop it.
Polish it.
Keep it clean.

#8 ·
Looks really good. Nice platform to start modding on. Can't wait to see it after you polish and wax it up.

Cheap mods that you might think about:

Niteshading the tails and bumper turn signals.

Plastidipping the wheels, or painting them... +1 on the gold/bronze wheels. They would break up the black a little

Shorty antenna mod

Paint mirror caps

Crack open and black out the headlights

#9 ·
I would disagree with nite-shading the tails, and painting the stock wheels. (blacked out look is far overplayed) A set of wheels and coilovers will set this car off.

#13 ·
I'll do some photo shop on the wheels and post up. Free mods are always good. So shortening antenna and painting mirror caps will a good couple free ones. I'm not crazy about night shade though becuase I feel it takes away from the shine and creates a dull look. But I do plan on cracking the lights open and blacking out. Does it reduce the reflexability though, and make the lights less bright?

#14 ·
If you clearcoat over niteshade then wetsand and buff with a polishing compound it comes out as glossy as paint and looks damn good.

For the headlights you take out the headlight reflectors and tape over the turn reflector. There are how-tos up. It doesn't affect brightness at all since you leave the reflectors alone. Just cleans up the look.

I am planning on painting my headlights possibly this weekend. Just need to plan a day when I don't need the car for 24 hours and the wife isn't home to see me sticking the headlights in the oven.

#16 ·
Nice car! One thing I would do, would be getting my hands on a set of smoked housing headlamps for it, especially where you have a dark car. Blacked out is over done too much, but when its all sorta dark and shady, that looks cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.