#1 · (Edited)
Its about damn time too!

Step 1: Acquire Turbo Kit

Step 2: Acquire Beer

Step 3: Acquire other Equally Epic Parts

Step 4: Amateur self install fail.

Step 5: Craigslist Like a boss.

Step 6:
Acquire More beer and some Dr Pepper for balance, put it in dirty ass garage fridge for safe keeping

Step 7:
Yes i really got them for $300

Weekend is over, back to work.. Next weekend should be fun though!

Also, black/blue SVT seats in BST soon.

See less See more
#7 ·
Lol.. i about died when i saw them on Craigslist. I called the guy and told them Id drive up there to pick them up if he insisted on local buy.. But he said he had a guy driving to SoCal and he'd ship for an extra $50.

They were a lil dirty and have some wear here and there.. but for $300 i am not complaining.

Installed fronts today for the hell of it..

#9 ·
does this mean i can buy your old svt seats?
[poke]
U haz want? Mayhaps.. im trying to figure out what to do. I like the Recaros, but they arent in fantastic shape.. where as my seats are a minor steam clean from factory new.

#18 ·
Work continues, though slowly...

Transmission is back in, I spent a couple hours today getting things bolted back in. Starter motor, shift cables, transmisison mount, etc.. Next step is to bleed the clutch..

The car is still in pretty sad shape though.. We are re-doing our front lawn, so there is a wonderful coat of dust and dirt on EVERYTHING. Its nice to know that tomorrow the girl should be back on her own feet though.

Other smaller projects are under-way as well. The headlights just got refinished.. Im also working on rewiring them as the old wiring wasnt quite to my standards.

Hopefully, it shouldnt be much longer until my car is hissing!

#22 ·
Basically, I pulled out the projectors that were there, removed the cut-off plates, and re-inserted them in the center holes where the reflectors were for the high-beams..

Then, I put a set of morimoto Mini's in where the original low-beam projectors were.

Thread with a few pics here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265354

#23 ·
Work Continues:

I made a air-vent gauge pod, but after installing it and testing it out, its just too far away from my focused field of view. I dont want to have to turn my head or look so far away from the road to see the gauges, especially in the case of a Wide-band and Boost gauge. (thats the J&S in the pic, wide-band is still shipping)

Ill probably throw this thing up on the BST for a few bucks, ill head to the junkyard tomorrow to see what I can come up with.. I want something that is as stock-looking as possible, I don't need any unwanted attention.

On a side note, I re-wrapped the Downpipe with new heat-wrap as the old was showing signs of age and had a a small patch worn off. After wrapping it, I sprayed it flat black with some Ultra-High-Temp BBQ Paint. Incognito and effective.

Ill probably spend a few hours tomorrow on the car too, Replacing the PCV stuffs, and the oil pan. I need to figure out if my kit has a restrictor for the oil line or not.

#28 ·
^I dont want to lose my SVT oil gauges, i like the look of them too much.. I think im going to do something with the steering wheel column. I was fiddling with it last night, i think i can do something that works and doesnt get in the way of my other gauges.

#30 ·
Wide-band showed up in the mail today, I tested it out in the pod I already made.. it doesn't look bad, but i decided to try the other Idea I had, then choose whatever works best..

Work starts on the column gauge mount:

glued on:

old T-Shirts ftw

Fiberglas epoxy..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.