Focus Fanatics Forum banner

LouBomb's Build Thread

64K views 505 replies 79 participants last post by  LouBomb 
#1 ·
Well since everyone has a thread wth ive been here since 06 without one lol i do plan to keep updating this so it wont be soo boring lol bare with me.

As some of you know my car was sitting since 2003. The turbo build was being done by APG performance and well they ended up causing more damage then good. I went through a lot of up's and downs financially and after spending 5k with them plus parts i already had bought over time, i had to put her under wraps and park her.

She wouldnt start at all, there was fuel pump issues, tune issues, and the return fuel system had problems as well. smh... so she literally stood there for about 8 years give or take. I would put money aside to have her done and well shit kept popping up.

Finally Last summer I was able to come up with some cash and took her to see Tom @ focus power. He became my hero and fixed all the issues and got her running great again..

NOW before I move on to the pics, my car still had the style I was into many years ago and Im slowly giving her the makeover she deserves.

The list of things waiting to be done are as follows:

Remove all decals (done 4/22/2012)

Remove Evo Bodykit

Re tint all the windows (years of cracking and now purple.)

E.D. F2. RS Bumper (already paid for waiting for delivery)

RS grill (pictures below needs plastidipping and or paint)

Svt rear bumper or RS rear bumper ( still looking whichever it is it will need a dual cut out since im keeping the dual exhaust)

Find Smaller exhaust. Will remain dual since the pipiing was all custom and sounds badassery.

PAINT ( undecided whether pearl white or back to cd silver)

Evo hood CF hood. ONLY middle vents no side vents. (will be painted as well) currently the hood on there is a chop job done to kinda reduce heat.. it was getting ridiculously hot in there. very riceeyyy bwaahhh lol

S aso far performance side Im going to do the Xcal since im running the mafia now and in the next two years bigger turbo with bigger IC but thats after the exterior is done along with internal work.

ON THE WAY TO FOCUS POWER

Put back on a spare evo bodykit i had laying in my garage

a side shot with the old ford racing tailight

new tail lights

oo lookie me with RS at FITF

some more rs rears

enough of the rs im jealous lol

half way done with the heat wrap

a picture of the rs grill

here she is at FITF 11 (picture taken by Ryan aka wiscozx3)

Today did a little work started removing all the decals.. it was a very long process...seriously what the hell it took 4 hours.. my fingers are numb...

but she does look a whole lot better..

as if now thats about it, hopefully I can get my hood next and dynabeam headlights right after.

and E.D. better hurryyyy with my RS bumper pweaseee lol

thanks for readding lol

[drinking][drinking]

See less See more
#5 ·
yea huge headache but tooootally worth it lol

Nice man, well will be. Sure is a blast from the past, but for the most part looks like quality work. Can't wait to see how it will look with euro and euro clone parts.
thanks mane [cheers]

#25 ·
They're SOOO worth it [thumb]
Start savin man, let us know if you find them cheaper than $500
I can pretty much guarantee you won't. Even at $500 for a set,they're still less than half the cost that Hella sold them for in Europe

#24 ·
[headbang][headbang] lol thanks honey bunny

From F&F to stealth turbo...eventually. [thumb]
eventually lol

i'd go back to oem bumpers myself. not a real big fan of body kits anymore.
i thought about it as well. my thoughts were the svt bumpers or the RS bumpers. so Im mixing match both of em[headbang]

Looking better. I can't wait to see it finished
thanks mane me too [headbang]

So glad this thread happened!
lol it was time.. now i just need to get this rolling faster

Glad to hear the body kit is coming off. :) I always liked that big Ford sticker. I too am glad this thread happened! [thumb]
lol i know hopefully sooner then later.. as far as the ford oval i really liked it as well. i actually contemplated keeping it, but i really wanted to clean up the lines. [headbang]

damn talk about a rally focus bro. niceeeeeee. [thumb] where did you get the ford decals?
lol yea thats what i kinda was going for back way then lol i had the decals made by my buddy at a vinyl/decal store under the table lol thanks mane

[headbang][headbang]

i'm loving how clean the RS engine is...and then its yours, extremely dirty hahaha
hey hey im trying to do some cleaning! lol i got a whole lot going on there. [paranoid]

#26 ·
theres a guy here he got 3 for sale for 475 lol but he got banned apparently. i got his contact info so hopefully in a few weeks that or my hood will be purchased. im thinking about the doing the lights first

#27 ·
i wish i lived closer to Tom...no one here will work on my turbod focus lol. i need to replace my power steering line and id b easier if i could jsut drop the car off at their shop to finish the tuning

#28 ·
Update*

Picked up my Svt Rear Bumper

and RS side skirts

Hopefully next week we will receive the RS front Bumper

#32 ·
Pics of the parts? Ill load more tonight...

I talked to my body and paint guy.. work starts on the 17th!!! going for a whole new scheme

#35 ·

today I also made a deal for this hood (for those who do not know it is an uber rare fc hood).. it was totally unexpected but it is my dream hood so stoked! it fits perfect where my air filter is for my turbo..

T-MINUS 18 DAYS TILL IT GOES OFF TO BODY!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.