Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New to forum, My 2002 Wagon

7K views 82 replies 12 participants last post by  Red01Focus 
#1 · (Edited)
My 2002 Wagon

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum, even though I bought a Focus almost a year ago now. From what I have seen and heard, the Focus seems to be a very good car. I personally own a 2002 Wagon SE, with 17" TSW Avus R's. Anyway, I thought that I should join the forum, ive seen some sweet looking cars on here and been practically drooling over them. Anyway, I am posting looking to see what people think of my car and what to do with it. Any thoughts?

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome, man. I would start with a few simplie mods that you can find here:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175576

Popular mods would be tint, drop, color-match mirror caps and doorhandles, get some OEM fogs and the fog grille and wire it using this guide:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229873

Bake and paint your headlights here:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59986
while ther open install projectores here:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164851

Debadge it, prolly go to TFB Designs for some emblem overlays.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236903

might as well through this up, the complete how-to archive

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65218

Maybe niteshade the sidemarkers and tails.

Nice-looking wagon to start with

One thing is a must right now, paint your calipers and drums black, I can see the rust!!!(USe a brake paint kit)
One question, do you have the Zetec or SPI?

#7 ·
Wow, thanks. I think I am going to do some of those things. I have the 2.0 litre Zetec, would not be caught dead with the SPI. I know this is kinda the definition of rice, but I painted my drums silver and my calipers red. These are photos of the car from last may, so it was in pretty bad condition here.

#9 ·
Yeah, I was thinking but I just replaced the front struts with Monroe Quick struts as one of my springs snapped (originals, and the car has 225,000km). Had I known about this forum beforehand I would have bought some lowered ones, but I work for an Auto parts company (get wholesale + 10%) and it was a rush decision. I do have airbag suspension in the back, I will take a video of it today to show the forum.

#14 ·
What is the black part on the tailgate that has the license plate lights in it called? I want to get a new one and the auto wreckers will not sell it to me unless I buy the full tailgate.

#18 ·
Yeah, the part with the ford emblem. Unfortunately the reason they will not sell it to me is not because it is hard to get off, but instead because then the hatch is useless if some other customer decides to buy the whole hatch and there is no hatch trim piece. Thinking I may just try to plasti-dip it instead. Also, does it make it harder to sell a car when you have your lights all blacked out and such? I would think so as people will start wondering what you have done to the car if you have done things like that to it. Reason I ask this is because I am thinking I may buy a ZX3 at the end of summer so I dont want to effect how quickly my wagon will sell. Any thoughts?

#19 ·
Yeah, the part with the ford emblem. Unfortunately the reason they will not sell it to me is not because it is hard to get off, but instead because then the hatch is useless if some other customer decides to buy the whole hatch and there is no hatch trim piece. Thinking I may just try to plasti-dip it instead. Also, does it make it harder to sell a car when you have your lights all blacked out and such? I would think so as people will start wondering what you have done to the car if you have done things like that to it. Reason I ask this is because I am thinking I may buy a ZX3 at the end of summer so I dont want to effect how quickly it will sell. Any thoughts?
the tint comes off easy just wet sand it and clear coat it and looks like it was never tinted.

Im not worried though because Im keeping my wagon for another 4 years till I graduate lol. And by then itll only be worth 1000$ so Im just gonna end up keeping it for life.

#20 ·
Yeah, I have been really on and off about whether or not I want to keep my wagon. I was going nuts over Volkswagen Golf GTI's for a bit but then decided that they just were not worth it. Now, I have seen a bunch of ZX3's that look soooo sexy, and the majority of them are standards of which I want so I am starting to go nuts over them. But it is that easy hey? Just sand and repaint with clear-coat and they will never know? That is awesome!!! I am going to plasti-dip my grill and the grill in the bumper tomorrow. It is getting soooo sun bleached!

#21 ·
Honestly, if your planning to sell your car that soon, I wouldn't mod a thing on it; you'll only turn off potential buyers. However, as cjheck said, tint is pretty easy to remove. I used mineral spirits and another paint remover and the tint wiped right off without any problems.

#22 ·
Looks good! I like those wheels. I would say a bit of a drop would help, but that has to be in your budget. lol Check the buy selll trade section on here to find better deals on CAIs, exhaust, suspension, etc. lol Just dont do a body kit and you will be fine!

#24 ·
Hey guys, unfortunately my sister hit a curb in my focus last night and bent 2 of my rims, as well as threw the alignment off and possibly bent something. Went to a place called fountain tire and the manager gave me a deal on some rims, but I told him that I would think about it. They are 17x7 FRD 85's for 89 dollars a piece. Anyone like them very much? I am most likely selling the car at the end of the summer because I want a zx3 so im not going to put a lot of money into this car. Anyway, would these be a good buy? What do you think of them? I live in Canada so shipping would be a shit load if I tried to buy some off of the forums. This is what 16's look like on a mazda protege 5

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/304643...rotege5/page-4

Thoughts appreciated!!!

#25 ·
your link doesnt work! And that sucks I hate women drivers!

I dont know why you wanna sell your wagon, I think its fun to drive! The only thing I hate about mine is that Im the only teenager who drives a focus wagon lol

#26 ·
Same, im 18 and everyone says that I drive my moms car and I have to correct them. Besides, mileage is getting on the higher side (230,000km)

#28 ·
It feels good knowing Im not the only teenager driving a focus wagon :)[headbang]

Just paint the stock wheels on it, lower it like my wagon, and get a thule roof rack and people will stop hating on your wagon :) When my wagon was stock, people would accuse it of being my moms car, now that I lowered it everyones in love with my car!

#29 ·
Lol, car did not come with stock rims. I dont like how it handles without the aftermarket rims either, they really do do a shit load for handling. Do you like the rims though?

#31 ·
Same price for steelies plus then I have to buy tires and my tires are rather new (approx 15,000km) The rims would not look bad if they did not have that stupid middle. That is the part I dont like.

#32 ·
By the way, I have a Thule ski rack on the car right now, and will be buying a roof mounted bike rack for the summer.

#34 ·
yeah, $275 to fix one rim. It was horrible. I am wanting to spend about 120 per wheel max because I dont want to put a shit load of money into a car I am only keeping till the end of the summer like I have said.

#37 ·
I am planning on getting a ZX3 hopefully with the Duratec engine and a standard. Duratec is not needed as you can mod the Zetec but standard is necessary. But that is just what I am in love with right now. I dont think it will change though. The one other reason for the sale is because I get 25mpg on the highway and 22 city. I also only get 205 miles on the tank of highway driving before the gas light comes on which pisses me off so much especially being that the gas gage is wonkey. Only reason I know how to read it is because I have driven it long enough to figure it out.

#38 ·
to be honest I would love to get a cool car, but im just gonna 5spd swap the wagon. The thing I hate about my wagon is when an old person pulls up at a red light and they got the same car it pisses me off!

#39 ·
I KNOW!!!! God, im on the highway and have all these other wagons with bumper stickers such as "dont club seals, eat club sandwiches" doing the speedlimit or hogging the fast lane. Makes me look bad and I just scream by them doing 80mph in a 50. Its funny, but these cars just handle sooo great. I also have bagged suspension in the back (previous owner put it in) but they blew one of the bags so it does not work. Such a shame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.