Focus Fanatics Forum banner

pyroinsa's ZX5 build thread(sort of)

54K views 595 replies 36 participants last post by  katiekay 
#1 · (Edited)
I am going to use this thread to document the mods that I have done with my Focus. I first got the car at the end of 03 maybe the beginning of 04, not exactly sure. When I got the car it had a little less than 10,000 miles on it. Anyways here is what I started with:

2.0 Zetec, 16" alloy 5-spokes, moonroof, heated seats, tachometer, 6-disc CD changer, fog lights, e.t.c. The dealer even tinted the windows before I drove it home.

The first mod that I did was the stereo, I was stupid with this mod[facepalm]but don't regret it. I went to Best Buy and had a store credit card and maxed it out on the stereo. That was in the summer of 2004, at that time it had an Alpine 10" sub with a 600 watt power amp, 4 6x8 Alpine speakers powered by another 400 watt 4 channel amp, and the head unit is a Dual(I know, not the best) 7" touchscreen dvd player with an aux port for mp3 players and another aux port that I used for a PS2. Now it sits with a newer Alpine poweramp 8" Rockford Fosgate sub in the SVT enclosure, and of coarse Blue Led's:

Other interior mods include painted vent rings, seat covers, pink car seat for the kiddo, iPhone mount, steering wheel cover, Ford truck floor-mats

The next mod was painting and mounting the new rear. With the install of the bumper came the euro crash foam and retro fitted crash bar, blacked out tails with the AVS covers, and the magnaflow exhaust:

After that, the Focus sat for another year while I did my last deployment. When I came back I got into an accident within a week, happened when a careless driver ran a red light. She had no insurance and I had liability so I did the quick fix with a bra and new headlights:

Then came the 17" Konig hotswaps with Falken 205/45Z/R17 tires, and a Billet grille:

After that, the next mod was fixing the damage from the accident, I needed a new bumper cover, and passenger fender. I could not locate the euro bumper that I wanted after shopping around I decided on these: the Pro-Dtm bumper and new fog lights wired into the factory harness and the Vis Racing Laser fenders:

Next I added the TFB Designs side stripes, niteshaded the third brake light silver, removed the AVS tail shades, painted the mirror caps and installed the euro rear taillights:

For the most part this is how my Focus sits today:

Engine bay:

Mod to engine are K&N drop in filter, resonator delete(Not in pic), painted battery cover and fuse box cover, not sure what kind was done with stereo install but a higher watt alternator, just recently new Autolite double platinum spark plugs.

Thanks for looking(and reading if you did lol)

New mods include SVT spoiler, doorhandles and sideskirts.

See less See more
#131 ·
No, I haven't put it on yet. I'm gonna get a DA sander and redo the roof and wing Gloss black. So this will be my first major paint project so I hope it will turn out. I know black is a very hard color to get it to look right, wish me luck lol

#161 ·
Nothing really, it was my color code. I believe they have the Ford black as well, I did use a plastic primer first and I got some outdoor weatherproof double sided tape to stick it on before I boltede it in. But I am going to take the wing back off tomorrow to put some sealer aroud the holes, cause I didn't do that. Too much in a hurry I guess, now I'll go to Pep boys and see what kind of sealer I should use for the holes.

#163 ·
TFB designs on the sticker, you can have it say whatever you want. I did use silver niteshade on the light first, so thats why the letters are silver, it looks even cooler with the brakes on. use the code FRESH11 to get free shipping, just be sure to post a pic in the TFB designs thread

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236903

#169 ·
Thanks man, but I am going to stick with SVT parts, I agree the RS one is sick!!! Due to funds I can't.

Plus I got SVT sideskirts coming, and I am still on the hunt for SVT wheels. If I can't find SVT wheels by the time my tires go bald, I'll just order them from Tirerack. My tires cost me $600 for all 4, Tire Rack sells brand new SVT wheels and tires for 600.

Also I got an SVT degas cover coming, looking for SVT Hvac controls and a few other SVT parts as well. Only other Euro part I am thinking about doing is Euro sidemarkers on OEM fenders, I am kinda torn betewwn that and doing something that nobody has though of which is making vent covers that will look similar to the ones seen on the '08's.

So by the time I am done my car will have headed in a good direction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.