Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Let me see your SLAMMED/LOWERED Focus!...

3M views 2K replies 353 participants last post by  dherrington27 
#1 ·
Post pics of your slammed/lowered focus!...
And if you have pics of the process of the setup, go for it!...
[ffrocks]

#115 ·
well here is mine at the moment, ksports are back ordered, purchased them nov 30 hopefully ill get them before the end of this year lol plan on lowering it to the ground... going to start rolling fenders soon and saving for rear cam. arms.sits on drop zone springs lmao that i traded for some svt parts like svt springs and air vents lol car is very clean for an 02... ill post a reader ride thing when it sits about 4 inches lower lol

#119 ·
Pattacular, I guess you're the one who bought Dean's wheels. You really need to get some SVT mirrors and paint 'em up white like he had.

Spray, most of the people who are super low have done work to the suspension to get there. Getting low like that sometimes means removing helper springs, cutting coils, etc.

What size tires are on your 18s?

#126 ·
I am leaning toward that, but I don't want my car to be a Dean knock-off :(
But whatever color I go with will be a lighter color rather than dark. Something pastel, perhaps.

Also thanks guys!

#133 ·
No one is making the kit as of yet. He is working on putting a kit together with one of the industry leaders of airbag systems. He is not on the site right now due to him and a mod not seeing eye to eye. If you want to see his build thread look it up on FJ, "Art always starts with a blank canvas".

#134 ·
In case anyone was wondering what "slammed" means... Here is my car on its stock/winter next to my sister's stocker. My tires measure 25" in diameter, hers 23.5".

My fender heights:
22.5" front, 23.0" rear.

Here is how it sat on the summer wheel/tires that I just sold. This was at 22.75"/23.25".

#139 ·
[giggle]
Wheels make a huge differance!
That they do, sir. My next couple of sets should have an even greater effect.
Spray, next time buy 215/40 or 215/35s the 225 series are too big for going slammed.

Matt, I really think those 17x8 ESMs would look great on your car.
I do too, but I've got some other setups I want to try first. I want to see how this car turn out on 16s, then I'll most likely go back to the land of 17s and try a much smaller tire.
Which ESM wheels? I like the idea of larger wheels like the 19". I know you can get more low if the offset is right. I am not big on the stretch or poke (to each their own, it looks good on some cars) so a large wheel with a correct offset will still tuck. On the other hand the 17" tire will be cheaper.
I think he was addressing me[rofl]

#137 ·
Spray, next time buy 215/40 or 215/35s the 225 series are too big for going slammed.

Matt, I really think those 17x8 ESMs would look great on your car.

#138 ·
Which ESM wheels? I like the idea of larger wheels like the 19". I know you can get more low if the offset is right. I am not big on the stretch or poke (to each their own, it looks good on some cars) so a large wheel with a correct offset will still tuck. On the other hand the 17" tire will be cheaper.

#142 ·
Well with the deal we spoke about I say go for it, but otherwise I would just go straight to 17s.

16" wheels are hard to find good rubber for, and when going low the right tires really need to be used to make it work.

Spray, 19s will work but you'll need to run some pretty small tires to pull them off. Just be aware of that. [;)]

#154 ·
Well with the deal we spoke about I say go for it, but otherwise I would just go straight to 17s.

16" wheels are hard to find good rubber for, and when going low the right tires really need to be used to make it work.
Yeah, I actually struck another killer deal on 16s the following day, check my wall. [driving]

#157 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.